Low test at 25 years old (two lab results)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jeroen

Hi i'm jeroen, i live in holland and i'm new to this forum. I've experienced symptoms of low test for as long as i can remember and got tested for it twice. Once at the age of 22 and once at 25 and both were done at 8-9 AM on an empty stomach.

Lab results:
First test: 346 ng/dl (21 years old)(10/10/2013)
Second test:415 ng/dl (25 years old)(06/03/2018)

About my lifestyle:
In the past 4 years i've invested a lot of time and effort into feeling better and healthier. But despite all that i'm still low in energy, my libido is low and have struggled with depression in the past. I work out regularly now, eat much healthier, sleep better, meditate, less stress in my life, i take all the common health supplements like Zinc, vitamin D, Omega 3, magnesium etc. All that combined is likely the reason why my T levels are higher now. But they still don't seem that great for someone as young as me. I feel like my quality of life would be much if i started TRT, even though i'm in quite a good place now.

History with TRT:
I did get prescribed Sustanon for about 2 months when i was 21 years old (250mg/3 weeks). After which i went to an endrinologist which i had quite a heavy disagrement with. She claimed the normal range was between 115-1010, which is absolutely insane of course. She got mad with my doctor and basically did not want to continue my treatment.
This is probably gonna be controversial, but i decided to try out my own TRT program for 1,5-2 years after that, taking 250mg cyp divided in 2 doses per week. Eventually i decided to stop, tapered off, took clomid. And have not taken any testosterone in the past 2,5 years.

I'm a bit lost as what to do now. Should i get tested for Free testosterone, SHBG and estrogen? And try to pursue the path of TRT again? Or is 415 really not that bad and should it be manageable?
I definitely don't want to take drastic decisions and do it on my own like i did back then and want to take my time to learn more and hear some other people's opinions about this.

Thanks in advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi i'm jeroen, i live in holland and i'm new to this forum. I've experienced symptoms of low test for as long as i can remember and got tested for it twice. Once at the age of 22 and once at 25 and both were done at 8-9 AM on an empty stomach.

Lab results:
First test: 346 ng/dl (21 years old)(10/10/2013)
Second test:415 ng/dl (25 years old)(06/03/2018)

About my lifestyle:
In the past 4 years i've invested a lot of time and effort into feeling better and healthier. But despite all that i'm still low in energy, my libido is low and have struggled with depression in the past. I work out regularly now, eat much healthier, sleep better, meditate, less stress in my life, i take all the common health supplements like Zinc, vitamin D, Omega 3, magnesium etc. All that combined is likely the reason why my T levels are higher now. But they still don't seem that great for someone as young as me. I feel like my quality of life would be much if i started TRT, even though i'm in quite a good place now.

History with TRT:
I did get prescribed Sustanon for about 2 months when i was 21 years old (250mg/3 weeks). After which i went to an endrinologist which i had quite a heavy disagrement with. She claimed the normal range was between 115-1010, which is absolutely insane of course. She got mad with my doctor and basically did not want to continue my treatment.
This is probably gonna be controversial, but i decided to try out my own TRT program for 1,5-2 years after that, taking 250mg cyp divided in 2 doses per week. Eventually i decided to stop, tapered off, took clomid. And have not taken any testosterone in the past 2,5 years.

I'm a bit lost as what to do now. Should i get tested for Free testosterone, SHBG and estrogen? And try to pursue the path of TRT again? Or is 415 really not that bad and should it be manageable?
I definitely don't want to take drastic decisions and do it on my own like i did back then and want to take my time to learn more and hear some other people's opinions about this.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Excelmale. You certainly need to dig deeper, pursue more testing, and determine what your options are. Was it determined if your hypogonadism was primary or secondary in nature? What were your LH and FSH levels at the time of initial diagnosis? Your use of Clomid suggests secondary. What is your thyroid function like? Your free testosterone, SHBG, PSA, CBC, CMP - all essential for understanding where you stand.

The dose of cypionate you self-administered was certainly a large amount of testosterone. Did you monitor regularly?

Jeroen

Welcome to Excelmale. You certainly need to dig deeper, pursue more testing, and determine what your options are. Was it determined if your hypogonadism was primary or secondary in nature? What were your LH and FSH levels at the time of initial diagnosis? Your use of Clomid suggests secondary. What is your thyroid function like? Your free testosterone, SHBG, PSA, CBC, CMP - all essential for understanding where you stand.

The dose of cypionate you self-administered was certainly a large amount of testosterone. Did you monitor regularly?

Thanks for the reply. I was a lot more impulsive when i was younger, so i did not do it under supervision or even got lab tests during my own TRT experiment. I realize that was quite dumb. I still do not know that much about TRT in depth so i definitely got a lot more reading to do.

My first doctor wasn't very knowledgeable about TRT and neither is my second. It's a lot less common here in holland then the U.S. I did not get tested for LH, FSH, SHBG, PSA, CBC, CMP. So i truly wouldn't know. And neither did my endocrinologist do a blood test or mention any of those things to me.

I'm guessing most of those are not standard tests my doctor will just do though? Or could i just make an appointment and get asked to get tested for all of those? My first instinct is that i'd probably have to do some convincing before they'll do that.

I'm not sure if it helps but i've attached my first blood test below. Testosterone value is in NMOL/L to be clear.
https://imgur.com/a/GfQEb

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale