Weight Lifting and Hemorrhoids what's the Connection?

Buy Lab Tests Online
So I've been working out at a gym for the last 8 months. Before that I only road a bike for my exersize.
I wanted to strengthen my upper body and grow some muscle on my arms chest and shoulders and that has been going very well except.

I have developed a mild case of hemorrhoids.
Now they are not bad there is some slight itching and when I apply the PH cream, only to the first knuckle of my index finger, I can feel something estra probably blood vessels. They are not hard or swollen just there.

The guy at the gym who is teaching me how to use the equipment correctly so I don't injure the 64 year old body says I am not breathing right
I am holding my breath and grunting too much... (((DAM))) I do that.

What say you?
Any help or insite welcome.
How do you deal/treat your hemorrhoids if you have them?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
So I've been working out at a gym for the last 8 months. Before that I only road a bike for my exersize.
I wanted to strengthen my upper body and grow some muscle on my arms chest and shoulders and that has been going very well except.

I have developed a mild case of hemorrhoids.
Now they are not bad there is some slight itching and when I apply the PH cream, only to the first knuckle of my index finger, I can feel something estra probably blood vessels. They are not hard or swollen just there.

The guy at the gym who is teaching me how to use the equipment correctly so I don't injure the 64 year old body says I am not breathing right
I am holding my breath and grunting too much... (((DAM))) I do that.

What say you?
Any help or insite welcome.
How do you deal/treat your hemorrhoids if you have them?

Stabilizing your core is key when lifting and as long as you are not straining the pelvic area as in causing excess pressure in the rectal area.

I would think heavy squatting as oppose to upper body exercises causing issues.

As far as diet high/fat-protein/low carb diets can be too low in fiber (soluble/insoluble) can cause constipation/excess strain and of course not drinking enough fluids.

Mucilage a soluble fiber found in high amounts in okra, flax/chia seeds and slippery elm are great for healthy bowel movements.

Mucilage absorbs water in the bowels and forms a viscous gel like substance.

The mucilage (soluble) fiber will literally make your shits slippery....................coated with teflon to say the least.

Try chewing 2-3 tbsp of flaxseed when you wake up in the morning with or before breakfast for a few days and drink lots of fluids and believe me you will have the smoothest bowel movement and the mucilage fiber will soothe those hemmis!

Stabilizing your core is key when lifting and as long as you are not straining the pelvic area as in causing excess pressure in the rectal area.

I would think heavy squatting as oppose to upper body exercises causing issues.

As far as diet high/fat-protein/low carb diets can be too low in fiber (soluble/insoluble) can cause constipation/excess strain and of course not drinking enough fluids.

Mucilage a soluble fiber found in high amounts in okra, flax/chia seeds and slippery elm are great for healthy bowel movements.

Mucilage absorbs water in the bowels and forms a viscous gel like substance.

The mucilage (soluble) fiber will literally make your shits slippery....................coated with teflon to say the least.

Try chewing 2-3 tbsp of flaxseed when you wake up in the morning with or before breakfast for a few days and drink lots of fluids and believe me you will have the smoothest bowel movement and the mucilage fiber will soothe those hemmis!

I have no issues with bowel movements they are easy and regular. These hemorrhoids did not show up until I started really pushing myself at the gym 2 months ago.

Small update: I've really been conconcentrating to not strain the pelvic area or put excess pressure in my rectal area. I'm starting to think the gym is not the cause of my Hemorrhoids. Still trying to learn how to stablize my core. I've added a few core exersizes to help me with the mind to muscle connection.

I now need to look into my diet and supplements to see if the issue is there.

Last edited:
sometimes Hemorrhoids just appear and it may not be anything you're doing. When I had my first experience with them it was out of the blue for no reason and easily resolved with good old Prep H.

sometimes Hemorrhoids just appear and it may not be anything you're doing. When I had my first experience with them it was out of the blue for no reason and easily resolved with good old Prep H.

I use to get them in my 40's all the time but haven't had them for the last 20 years until now.
TRT, hi protein diet, joining a gym, NO stack and tons of supplements is what I've added.
I'm pretty sure it's one or a combo of them. Just a process of elimination.

Could it be from biking?

Hi Saul thanks for joining in on the discussion. I don't think it my biking. I have been mtn biking 3-6 days a week since 1980.

Only after starting TRT and all the other stuff I listed did the itching and small blood vessels pop out.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me