New(to me) Nighttime drink to improve sleep.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Many of us older guys seem to develop issues with quality/quantity of sleep. Mine started in 2016. Before that I had great sleep.

I was talking with a friend at the gym the other day and he suggested a bone broth drink just before bed. So having the ingredients I tried it last night.

I am always up by 6am no matter what time I go to bed. I slept in till 9:30 I could not believe it.
Now just one night could be the placebo effect but not being able to sleep in for 3 years and all of a sudden this I had to tell someone.

5 oz bone broth, 1/4 tsp(TAD) turmeric, 1/64 tsp(drop) cayenne pepper, warmed no boil.

I did spend my usual 2hour in the gym and went to bed 11pm tired and sore. Tonight is a rest day so I will try again.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't know why that would make you sleep better, before I go to bed tonight I'm going to have some of my bone broth supplement to see if it does anything for my sleep.
Daylight saving time starts Sunday morning.

Nashtide

Many of us older guys seem to develop issues with quality/quantity of sleep. Mine started in 2016. Before that I had great sleep.

I was talking with a friend at the gym the other day and he suggested a bone broth drink just before bed. So having the ingredients I tried it last night.

I am always up by 6am no matter what time I go to bed. I slept in till 9:30 I could not believe it.
Now just one night could be the placebo effect but not being able to sleep in for 3 years and all of a sudden this I had to tell someone.

5 oz bone broth, 1/4 tsp(TAD) turmeric, 1/64 tsp(drop) cayenne pepper, warmed no boil.

I did spend my usual 2hour in the gym and went to bed 11pm tired and sore. Tonight is a rest day so I will try again.
Keep us updated

I don't know why that would make you sleep better, before I go to bed tonight I'm going to have some of my bone broth supplement to see if it does anything for my sleep.
Daylight saving time starts Sunday morning.

I have no idea Vince. My friend said(and this could all be bullshit) our brains can run out of fuel(glucose) usually between 3-4 am and the brain will trigger adrenaline to make more which it does however a side effect is we then feel wide awake and can not go back to sleep. The bone broth digests slowly and will produce enough gluecose to keep the brain running.

On the suggestion of melatonin it take 5 mg to get me to sleep 1-3 does nothing.
The problem is 5 mg is it last all the next day. I have had far more success with PURE's 5-HTP hydroxytryptophan. 50mg and 100mg for extra tough nights.

madman

Super Moderator
I have no idea Vince. My friend said(and this could all be bullshit) our brains can run out of fuel(glucose) usually between 3-4 am and the brain will trigger adrenaline to make more which it does however a side effect is we then feel wide awake and can not go back to sleep. The bone broth digests slowly and will produce enough gluecose to keep the brain running.

On the suggestion of melatonin it take 5 mg to get me to sleep 1-3 does nothing.
The problem is 5 mg is it last all the next day. I have had far more success with PURE's 5-HTP hydroxytryptophan. 50mg and 100mg for extra tough nights.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/12/13/get-better-sleep-glycine/
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2011/03/25/getting-better-sleep-cool-dark-and-lots/
https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2017/07/29/my-recommendations-for-better-sleep/

I would think if you spent 2hrs in the gym and then went to bed that would be a cause of sleep problems.

My gym time is EOD 10am to 1:30pm I spend 2 hours lifting and the rest hanging out in the spa.
2 hours is typical for me the only thing that changed there is I have increasing the weights and added addition exersizes for specific muscles.
That is where the soreness is coming in.

So last night, night 2 of this bone broth drink, is a bit inconclusive.
Yesterday was a rest day from the gym I did take my grandkids scootering at the park for 90 minutes 1pm to 2:30 and yes I scooter to.
The rest on my day was on the computer playing video games.

I drank 5oz at 11pm and went to bed 11:15 woke at 2 and 4 am to pee as always I have BPH. I was a bit restless at 4 and could not fall back to sleep so I got up and drank another 4oz warmed in the microwave. I let the dog out, changed the clocks for DLS, check my email and watched the weather channel for about 30 minutes and went back to bed. Fell right to sleep and just woke now at 10:30AM that is unheard of in my world. Only time will tell how this goes.

that is what I drink for breakfast most mornings (substitute cayenne with coconut oil). maybe I got it backwards

By my forum clock you posted this at 3am.
Is Iowa mtn or central time? Either way thats pretty early for the weekend. Do you have trouble sleeping?
The only other forum member posting regularly at 3am is Vince. Who has been on a sleeping pill hunt for some time.

Maybe it's high in tryptophan?

that is what I drink for breakfast most mornings (substitute cayenne with coconut oil). maybe I got it backwards

I wanted to clarify something. This bonebroth does not make me sleepy, like taking tryptophan or melatonin.

The theory is it keeps your brain fed thru the night so it does not trigger a burst of adrenaline. When the brain runs out of fuel (glucose), typically between 3-4am, the brain triggers adrenaline to make glucose. The side effect is that adrenaline won't let you fall back asleep.

madman

Super Moderator
My gym time is EOD 10am to 1:30pm I spend 2 hours lifting and the rest hanging out in the spa.
2 hours is typical for me the only thing that changed there is I have increasing the weights and added addition exersizes for specific muscles.
That is where the soreness is coming in.

If your lifting sessions are 2hrs long than you are either doing too many exercises or rest periods between sets are too long.

Yes it is still possible to over train even on trt with testosterone in a healthy range.

Weightlifting sessions should be an hour or less as cortisol starts to skyrocket when sessions are too long.

Overt training can hinder recovery/sleep quality.

Key words here " 2 hours is typical for me the only thing that changed there is I have INCREASED the weights and ADDED additional exercises"

stevep

If your lifting sessions are 2hrs long than you are either doing too many exercises or rest periods between sets are too long.

Weightlifting sessions should be an hour or less as cortisol starts to skyrocket when sessions are too long.

Key words here " 2 hours is typical for me the only thing that changed there is I have INCREASED the weights and ADDED additional exercises"

I've always been told the same. An hour is all anyone needs.

Yes it is still possible to over train even on trt with testosterone in a healthy range.

Overt training can hinder recovery/sleep quality.

I've always been told the same. An hour is all anyone needs.

Thanks guys I do understand where you are coming from.
I'm 64 and have a group of retired friends(56-83) that workout together all the time. The 20 and 30 somethings in our gym call us the silverbacks.
We love it and everyone young and old has a great time.

We do spend too much time bullshitting between sets. We don't have tri/chest days we work everything in those two hours.
We are not training for anykind of competition we are all just running away from the reaper as fast as our creeky old wornout bodies will let us.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks guys I do understand where you are coming from.
I'm 64 and have a group of retired friends(56-83) that workout together all the time. The 20 and 30 somethings in our gym call us the silverbacks.
We love it and everyone young and old has a great time.

We do spend too much time bullshitting between sets. We don't have tri/chest days we work everything in those two hours.
We are not training for anykind of competition we are all just running away from the reaper as fast as our creeky old wornout bodies will let us.
Sounds like a lot of fun, nothing wrong with having some fun and some exercise too. :)

Night 3 report.
woke at 4 to pee had no issues falling back to sleep no 2am pee(yeah!). Slept in to 7:45 that is 1.5 hours more than normal.

I am out of Beef bone broth so tonight I am switching to chicken bonebroth to see if that has any different effects.
I would also like to reduce the two additives since they make the drink quite spicy maybe even to spice for me.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me