What test to choose?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TonyO

Hi!

I'm 26 yo, but I think that I have low T. Low sex drive, bad mood and weakness - these are symptoms. Doctor said "results are ok", but didn't show me results.

I wish to bypass my doc (have hmo insurance plan, change a doc is a real trouble) and get tests by mysels.

Could you tell what T test do I need please? And is there any way to have the symptoms with normal T range?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hi!

I'm 26 yo, but I think that I have low T. Low sex drive, bad mood and weakness - these are symptoms. Doctor said "results are ok", but didn't show me results.

I wish to bypass my doc (have hmo insurance plan, change a doc is a real trouble) and get tests by mysels.

Could you tell what T test do I need please? And is there any way to have the symptoms with normal T range?
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?13823-What-blood-assay-to-pull-when-having-low-libido

Certainly you can have all of these symptoms with a "normal" T range. See, if you go to your MD, they will test Total T , and likely that is it. You can have a TT of about 350 and that is into the "normal" range now (depending on age I guess). Note "normal" doesn't mean "optimal".

Also, I would have to say the E2 Sensitive test is a must have.

You have the RIGHT to those results. Just call your dr office, and have them fax them to you. If my doc ever balked at that, I'd have a new one the next day.

Re-Ride

In the U.S. your test results must be released to you upon request in the form of the original report. Hand write a HIPAA release and give or fax to either or both the doc and the lab.

Last edited:
Also know that the two largest labs like Quest and Labcorp both have online patient portals if you're using one or both of those labs go to their homepage and make yourself an account. I get all my labs that way thru Quest. But also correct is asking you Dr for them and if they don't release them, consider finding a new Dr. Oh and also my Dr/clinic has a patient portal, too, where all my labs are. You might check that since these Drs do everything electronically now anyway.

TonyO

Certainly you can have all of these symptoms with a "normal" T range. See, if you go to your MD, they will test Total T , and likely that is it. You can have a TT of about 350 and that is into the "normal" range now (depending on age I guess). Note "normal" doesn't mean "optimal".

Also, I would have to say the E2 Sensitive test is a must have.

You have the RIGHT to those results. Just call your dr office, and have them fax them to you. If my doc ever balked at that, I'd have a new one the next day.

Thank you for your reply. I'll order E2 as well. I didn't think about "normal" vs "optimal", but I believe that's the reason why I feel myself strange. I'd like to change a doc, but it will take some time. Plus, I don't have many options at the moment.

TonyO

In the U.S. your test results must be released to you upon request in the form of the original report. Hand write a HIPAA release and give or fax to either or both the doc and the lab.

edit: add link to beginners guide and which tests to order:
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?6220-ExcelMale-com-Guide-to-Testosterone-Replacement

I will try to get my results one more time. Maybe we have didn't understand each other right with my doc. But I'm sure that it was total T test anyway. After reading beginners guide I wish to order Total and free T. I believe this testosterone test is what I need, but not quite sure now.

Thank you for your help, Re-Ride!

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyO

Also know that the two largest labs like Quest and Labcorp both have online patient portals if you're using one or both of those labs go to their homepage and make yourself an account. I get all my labs that way thru Quest. But also correct is asking you Dr for them and if they don't release them, consider finding a new Dr. Oh and also my Dr/clinic has a patient portal, too, where all my labs are. You might check that since these Drs do everything electronically now anyway.

Thank you! Just checked Quest Diagnostics web site. Seems to be very helpful in understanding lab tests and test results... I will try to get my test result once again. If I fail, I'll change a doc despite HMO plan.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hi!

This is the test you want

TESTOSTERONE Total and Free (Regular)

if your testosterone is under 500 ng/dl, then you can go for this one as a second step (this way you may not spend too much money):

https://www.discountedlabs.com/post-pct-panel

Last edited:

TonyO

This is the test you want

TESTOSTERONE Total and Free (Regular)

if your testosterone is under 500 ng/dl, then you can go for this one as a second step (this way you may not spend too much money):

https://www.discountedlabs.com/post-pct-panel

Thank you, Nelson! I HOPE that I won't need the second test. We'll see pretty soon. And yes, that was the test I was thinking about, because my doc ordered only total T test.

P.S. Was a little bit skeptic about Discounted Labs you offered to use. However, I'm pretty surprised, as this testosterone test is the cheapest through DL . Thanks one more time! :)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me