100 mg of cypionate a week with high Estradiol of 75.6 pg/ml on day 3 after shot. Feedback please!?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Snicks134

I have been on 100 mg a week for 8 weeks now(started trt 6 months ago). My bloodwork came in and I'm a little concerned with my e2. My doc doesn't seem concerned and does not prescribe AIs. Should I be concerned with my bloodwork?

Estradial 75.6 (7.6-42.6)
Prolactin 15.3
Test serum 546 ng/dl
Free test 274
Total t 831
Hemoglobin 15.8
Hematocrit 46.1
Shbg 23.9
37 and 200 lbs excercise regularly

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
The point you should be concerned about your E is that you're not being given the correct for me LC/MS/MS testing. That test is for females and can't be used as it overestimates levels in males.

Your SHBG is going to indicate that 100mg once per week isn't going to work very well for you, really should be 50mg E3.5D for starters. Your Dr is pretty ignorant.

CoastWatcher

Splitting your dose, 50mg every 3.5 days, would likely raise your total testosterone and could lower your estradiol - all without the use of an AI. Pull your e2 values with the appropriate test, Sensitive, C, MS/MS, either through your doctor or via www.discountedlabs.com. Did you have blood drawn when you were at a trough - just prior to your next injection?

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree that you had the wrong estradiol test and about splitting you dose. I'm wondering how are you feeling and what was your old protocol. Did you feel any different on your old protocol.

Systemlord

Your doctor is clueless, orders the wrong E2 labs designed for females and issues a protocol designed for someone with high SHBG. Your doctor has no idea what he's doing, most doctors have no clue how to do TRT correctly.

Snicks134

I have had 5 blood tests, all where peaks. He does not see value in trough data. I'm going to see a new doctor on Monday...this guy is clueless.

lexer

Ok, you are a classic case as to why injecting a smaller dosage renders better results. When doing once weekly, your Testosterone, DHT, and Estradiol spike above the high end of the range 1-3 days after the injection. 50 mgs will keep you in the normal range throughout based on your current T levels. That said, estradiol is very high even for your dosage.
do you have a lot of body fat?

Snicks134

Initial protocol was 60mg once a week to start,then 80mg, and finally 100mg. I start to feel better for 2 days after the shot than tail off quickly after.

CoastWatcher

Ok, new doctor wants me to take 100mg E4D and 1/2 - 1 arimadex day after my injection. Sounds better?
No, it sounds horrifying. You're actually taking more testosterone in the space of a given week despite the points that have been made about your low SHBG working against those protocols. The AI dose he has prescribed could well tank your estradiol, that would send you to hormone hell, and he did it without - it would seem - testing your e2 with the appropriate test.

You have engaged the services of another medical boob. Which isn't surprising...in this area of practice they are out there menacing unwary men right and left.

Last edited:

Snicks134

Ok....So I did not change my protocol based on the new doctor. I CHANGED to twice a week injections 2x 50mg with no AI. I will just wait for my next blood test 4 weeks from now to see where im at.

CoastWatcher

Ok....So I did not change my protocol based on the new doctor. I CHANGED to twice a week injections 2x 50mg with no AI. I will just wait for my next blood test 4 weeks from now to see where im at.
Don't be discouraged, be angry. So many of us had to overcome what you're now fighting: a doctor who prescribes a course of therapy that will actually work against you.

mpayton66

Body fat 22%
I think bodyfat is a small part but I did want to ask you about it. How did you measure it? I hope it wasn't one of those bioimpedance analyzers that are notriously inaccurate. What do you get when you use this: http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy

Do you give the shots yourself or are you getting them done at the doctor's office? I'm a proponent of frequent shots to mitigate the peaks and valleys.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me