How to change Test Cyp frequency from 2x/week to 1x/week? High SHBG.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello guys. I need some guidance on possibly adjusting my protocol due to high SHBG. Here is my story, I have been on Test Cyp for about 4 months and it has worked very well for me. Started with a low dose of 100mg per week injecting E3.5D, no AI, no HCG. Two months later, on my follow up lab, I noticed my SHBG had gone up to the upper range of the scale to 53. At that time my total T was at 768 and my free T at 14. My doctor increased my dose to 160mg to get my free T in the 20’s. I said OK. I continue the same protocol at E3.5D, but I added HCG at 350 IU’s per shot E3.5D on the days of the T injections. I just got my second follow up blood work and the total T increased to 1038 and my free T did get to 24. My Estradiol sensitive also went up to 43, but I don’t feel any symptoms at all. Libido, energy, sleep, strength are great. I do not take an AI and I don’t think I need it unless I get symptoms. Now, my SHBG still high at 51 and I’m considering changing my protocol to once per week. Is that the right approach? Or should I leave it as it is? It is not going any higher and still within range and free T got into the 20’s. Everything seems great other than a little acne on my shoulders. By the way, my blood work was done fasted on the day of my next injection, before the injection. I have also been taking stinging nettle root and Armour Thyroid. Not sure if that is keeping SHBG at bay or not doing anything at all. Also, if I change to once per week, what should I expect? Would Estradiol go higher? DHT? Hematocrit? I don’t want to trigger issues.

Here is my blood results:

Total Testosterone 1038 (264-916 ng/dL)
Free Testosterone 24.1 (6.8-21.5 pg/mL)
SHBG 51.6 (16.5-55.9 nmol/L)
Estradiol Sensitive 43.2 (8.0-35 pg/mL)
Hematocrit 45.1 (37.5-51 %)
Hemoglobin 15 (13-17.7 g/dL)
fT4 0.82 (0.82-1.77 ng/dL)
fT3 3.4 (2.0-4.4 pg/mL)
TSH 0.110 (0.45-4.5 uIU/mL)
PSA 1.6 (0.0-4.0 ng/mL)

Hematocrit still normal and not sure if it will change in the future. So no need to donate blood. I hope it stays like that. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks. You guys are great and a tremendous asset to this forum.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hello guys. I need some guidance on possibly adjusting my protocol due to high SHBG. Here is my story, I have been on Test Cyp for about 4 months and it has worked very well for me. Started with a low dose of 100mg per week injecting E3.5D, no AI, no HCG. Two months later, on my follow up lab, I noticed my SHBG had gone up to the upper range of the scale to 53. At that time my total T was at 768 and my free T at 14. My doctor increased my dose to 160mg to get my free T in the 20's. I said OK. I continue the same protocol at E3.5D, but I added HCG at 350 IU's per shot E3.5D on the days of the T injections. I just got my second follow up blood work and the total T increased to 1038 and my free T did get to 24. My Estradiol sensitive also went up to 43, but I don't feel any symptoms at all. Libido, energy, sleep, strength are great. I do not take an AI and I don't think I need it unless I get symptoms. Now, my SHBG still high at 51 and I'm considering changing my protocol to once per week. Is that the right approach? Or should I leave it as it is? It is not going any higher and still within range and free T got into the 20's. Everything seems great other than a little acne on my shoulders. By the way, my blood work was done fasted on the day of my next injection, before the injection. I have also been taking stinging nettle root and Armour Thyroid. Not sure if that is keeping SHBG at bay or not doing anything at all. Also, if I change to once per week, what should I expect? Would Estradiol go higher? DHT? Hematocrit? I don't want to trigger issues.

fT3 3.4 (2.0-4.4 pg/mL)
PSA 1.6 (0.0-4.0 ng/mL)

Hematocrit still normal and not sure if it will change in the future. So no need to donate blood. I hope it stays like that. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks. You guys are great and a tremendous asset to this forum.

No, it's not. With your numbers and what you're reporting as to your overall well being there is nothing to change at all, an SHBG @ 51 isn't cause to go to once per week inj not in lite of how well you're doing "as-is".

They do say high SHGB guys need larger doses less frequently to help with upping your free T. However a bad side effect of a large dose is it can spike your E2 and yours is already at the top of what is considered OK.
After your big one week shot you system will be flooded with too much T and that T will be converted.
If you are not going to take an AI for the higher E2 you will get I would not change.

Vince

Super Moderator
I wouldn't change your trt protocol. If you're not already supplementing with vitamin D and magnesium malate I would start. The supplements should help lower your shbg.

Will Brink

Hello guys. I need some guidance on possibly adjusting my protocol due to high SHBG. Here is my story, I have been on Test Cyp for about 4 months and it has worked very well for me. Started with a low dose of 100mg per week injecting E3.5D, no AI, no HCG. Two months later, on my follow up lab, I noticed my SHBG had gone up to the upper range of the scale to 53. At that time my total T was at 768 and my free T at 14. My doctor increased my dose to 160mg to get my free T in the 20's. I said OK. I continue the same protocol at E3.5D, but I added HCG at 350 IU's per shot E3.5D on the days of the T injections. I just got my second follow up blood work and the total T increased to 1038 and my free T did get to 24. My Estradiol sensitive also went up to 43, but I don't feel any symptoms at all. Libido, energy, sleep, strength are great. I do not take an AI and I don't think I need it unless I get symptoms. Now, my SHBG still high at 51 and I'm considering changing my protocol to once per week. Is that the right approach? Or should I leave it as it is? It is not going any higher and still within range and free T got into the 20's. Everything seems great other than a little acne on my shoulders. By the way, my blood work was done fasted on the day of my next injection, before the injection. I have also been taking stinging nettle root and Armour Thyroid. Not sure if that is keeping SHBG at bay or not doing anything at all. Also, if I change to once per week, what should I expect? Would Estradiol go higher? DHT? Hematocrit? I don't want to trigger issues.

fT3 3.4 (2.0-4.4 pg/mL)
PSA 1.6 (0.0-4.0 ng/mL)

Then why mess with it? It aint broke so....

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me