Do I really need to be taking Thyroid Medicine * (labs)? Also having trouble staying asleep

Buy Lab Tests Online

Antisosa

I started going to Defy medical in August and they required me to get my labs for TSH, Free T3 Free T4.. below are my results from the labs in August.

Free T4 1.03 ng/dl 0.61-1.80 ng/dL
FREE T3 1.9 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4pg/mL
TSH 1.040 u[IU]/mL 0.300 - 5.600u[IU]/mL

Defy Dr put me on .5 grain of Nature-thyroid and moved up to 1.5 after a month of so. Below are my next results from December:

T4 Free 1.11 -- Std Range .82-1.77
T3 Free 2.7 -- Std Range : 2.0-4.4
TSH 0.014 u[IU]/mL Standrd: 0.300 - 5.600 u[IU]/mL

So I have been taking 1.5 grain every morning. 2 questions I have:

Do you think this is necessary to be taking this medicine, because I don't seem much difference in taking it. Nothing that I'm aware of. And 2nd, I have had horrible sleep for the last 6 months, waking up constantly @ 1am, 2am tossing and turning. And I don't know it's because of the medicine or not.

*The rest of my results are all in good health:
Test Total 1,126 ng/DL -- Std Range 264-916
Free test: 236 -- Std Range 52-280
E2 26 -- Std Range 8.0-35

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Judging by your follow up labs its clearly not working for you, your FT4 and FT3 barely moved, curisouly your TSH bottomed out.

Has anyone run your reverse T3 and antibodies in the past? Those are two of the 5 tests that should be run for good Thyroid picture, only running TSH, FT3, FT4 gives a smaller snapshot, though FT3 is the most important hormone/piece of the puzzle. Reverse T3 should give an indication if there's a problem called "pooling" where the FT3 isn't making it in to your cells.
You should if you run another set of labs and can afford the added tests, you should ask for: iron, serum...and Ferritin. A low iron condition can affect your Thyroid.

Antisosa

When I spoke to Defy, they said TSH should be next to 0 because I'm taking the Nature-Throid medicine. Not sure how true this is? These were the tests I had ran before I started the Nature-Throid. I don't know if that will help at all..

8/10 Free T4 1.03 ng/dl 0.61 1.80 ng/dL
8/10 Tpao Antibodies 17.0 [IU]/mL 0.0 34.0 [IU]/mL
8/10 THYROXINE/T4 6.0 ug/dL 4.5 - 11.7 ug/dL
8/10 TSH 1.040 u[IU]/mL 0.300 - 5.600 u[IU]/mL
8/10 T3 TOTAL 0.65 ng/mL 0.87 - 1.78 ng/mL
8/10 FREE T3 1.9 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4 pg/mL

and for the ones you asked..
8/10 REVERSE T3 20.2 ng/dL 9.2 - 24.1 ng/dL8/10 MICROSOMAL ANTIBODY 17.0 [IU]/mL 0.0 - 34.0 [IU]/mL
8/10 FERRITIN 145 ng/mL 24 - 336 ng/mL *Done in April last year

I appreciate you responding as this is stressing me the heck out. Any suggestions you have for me?

I started going to Defy medical in August and they required me to get my labs for TSH, Free T3 Free T4.. below are my results from the labs in August.

Free T4 1.03 ng/dl 0.61-1.80 ng/dL
FREE T3 1.9 pg/mL 2.0 - 4.4pg/mL
TSH 1.040 u[IU]/mL 0.300 - 5.600u[IU]/mL

Defy Dr put me on .5 grain of Nature-thyroid and moved up to 1.5 after a month of so. Below are my next results from December:

T4 Free 1.11 -- Std Range .82-1.77
T3 Free 2.7 -- Std Range : 2.0-4.4
TSH 0.014 u[IU]/mL Standrd: 0.300 - 5.600 u[IU]/mL

So I have been taking 1.5 grain every morning. 2 questions I have:

Do you think this is necessary to be taking this medicine, because I don't seem much difference in taking it. Nothing that I'm aware of. And 2nd, I have had horrible sleep for the last 6 months, waking up constantly @ 1am, 2am tossing and turning. And I don't know it's because of the medicine or not.

*The rest of my results are all in good health:
Test Total 1,126 ng/DL -- Std Range 264-916
Free test: 236 -- Std Range 52-280
E2 26 -- Std Range 8.0-35

So stop taking the .5 grain of Nature-thyroid and see if your sleep improves.
You numbers are not life threatening before you started this treatment they were just not optimum.

1Draw

Your reverse T3 is too high at 20.2 ng/dl ( 9.2 - 24.1) . I am just now trying to lower mine from 28.1. According to Defy, they like to see less than 15 and ideally 9. The lower the better. Might want to have it retested to see where it is now. I also have same sleep problems you have and just recently did a home sleep study. I have primary sleep apnea and am waiting for insurance to give ok for a CPAP.

Vince Carter excellent post on what to test for thyroid!

Antisosa

Are you taking thyroid medicine? What are you doing to Lower your reverse T3?

I did speak to defy about my sleep issues and they stated it doesn’t have anything to do with the nature thryoid medication. And possible sleep apnea as well.

1Draw

Are you taking thyroid medicine? What are you doing to Lower your reverse T3?

I did speak to defy about my sleep issues and they stated it doesn't have anything to do with the nature thryoid medication. And possible sleep apnea as well.

Started yesterday with Liothyronine 5mcg tablets a synthetic T3 medication. Dr. recommended start out low at 1 in am and 1 in pm 30 min before food and if symptoms don't improve in 2 weeks, go to 2 in am and 2 in pm.

Very good explanation here on dosing - https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/dosing-with-t3-only/

1Draw

Yes I am with Defy and this is my very first go around with any thyroid medication. Have to trust the Doc to know what works best.

My Ferritin is on low side due to having to donate every 8 weeks and think that has some influence with type and dosage.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me