Arsenic, Lead Found in Popular Protein Supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
"Overall, the products made from sources of plant protein such as soy or hemp fared worse than those made from whey (milk) or egg, containing on average twice as much lead and measurably higher amounts of other contaminants.

Plant-based proteins may have higher contamination levels because the plants are especially prone to absorbing heavy metals from soil, says Sean Callan, Ph.D., a neuroscientist and director of operations at Ellipse Analytics, the lab that tested the protein products."

Source

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

"Overall, the products made from sources of plant protein such as soy or hemp fared worse than those made from whey (milk) or egg, containing on average twice as much lead and measurably higher amounts of other contaminants.

Plant-based proteins may have higher contamination levels because the plants are especially prone to absorbing heavy metals from soil, says Sean Callan, Ph.D., a neuroscientist and director of operations at Ellipse Analytics, the lab that tested the protein products."

Source
Heck, I am good, I don't eat any of this plant based protein. I use whey isolate and only from Protein Factory or True Nutrition. Plant based proteins have a reduced content of essential amino acids in comparison to animal proteins. A significant reduction of limiting amino acids (methionine, lysine, tryptophan) means lower protein synthesis.

The other thing I see is this is directed at the average couch potato. I have priced this out so many times, g for g, whey protein is much less expensive than any meat product. The prices of natural protein sources keep going up so quickly it makes more sense to buy whey and cut back on meats. 1 cup of yogurt cost more than a serving of whey and also has more protein. The RDA of protein is very low and anyone that exercises has higher needs. I am amazed at how RDA push vegetables yet the lead and heavy metals are in these as well. Thank goodness I hate my vegies.:)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me