I am always hot: Is this a high estradiol symptom?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I also started to feeling warm after starting TRT and I had this for years. I don´t know if it is a coincidence but after I started supply with Selenium 200 mcg its more or less gone. I would like to know if Selenium regulates thyriod better.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Hammer

Have you had your hematocrit and hemoglobin levels checked? With that much test you may be suffering from the side effects of induced polycythemia. I realize everyone is different but I inject twice a week 36 mg per injection and my test is 90% of range maximum after day four. I also was always hot at night despite keeping my bedroom in the low 60's. Converting from one injection per week intramuscular to two injections per week with a diabetic type syringe solved my overheating issue and my hemoglobin and hematocrit are now at the top of their respective ranges rather than going much above. I still donate blood about every two months just to insure blood isn't getting too thick.

I'm now reducing my T dose and have labs in a few days, to see where things are as I've come around to the idea that running T so high, Free T inparticular, may be counterproductinve for me, too much that is excess = aromatase.

Had a blood draw yesterday will see how the small dose change down affected anything, it's otherwise been a transparent change in the day-to-day scheme of things not noticeing anything good or bad. Currently also trying 400mg/D of DIM.

ratbag

I have the same problem and for me it's a thyroid problem. I'm either overheated or too cold. I know I have a thyroid issue I cannot seem to get to the bottom of. I have many hypothyroid symptoms and I have had this probem for a while. However at one point my MD had it working perfectly and my body was comfortable for 2 years and I felt great and then some sort of problem happened with my thyroid receptors. Initially when they put me on cytomel and raised my FT3 I felt really good for that 2 yr period.

Take your temperature in the morning before you get out of bed and if it's low you need your T3 raised. There are lots of peeps who have normal range FT4 and FT3 and when they raise their FT3 they feel much improved. Too solve thyroid you have to take temperature and log your symptoms... there is no other way to determine if you are hypothyroid or not.
This is the only video that describes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiAGg1fc3RE

To add to this when my T3 was increased by taking cytomel or NDT i felt incredibly better. My cognitive skills improved, I didn't have to think about anything in detail it just came to me instantly. All the fibromyalgia I had disappeared, my body temp became normal. I slept way better and my mood was a big improvement. It's the single best thing I ever got working but for me unfortunately it wasn't to last. I'm still working on it but there are very few MD's who have in depth knowledge on this. This video by Rouzier is the only one that describes it as I know it to be from my own experiences.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Since I voted I guess I should respond, I've never felt overly warm before trt or after starting trt. I do like the warmer weather and usually can do without the air conditioning. My girlfriend though gets warm easily and always needs the air on in the summer.
My oldest son, gets warm easily and he has a hard time with the hot weather.

ratbag

I had a hard time with the hot weather too when I was Low T... that is a symptom of Low T, not being able to deal with heat well. It was totally resolved once I was on Testosterone. But the thyroid thing means you never really get a comfortable stable body temperature. Does your son have low T?

I have the same problem and for me it's a thyroid problem. I'm either overheated or too cold. I know I have a thyroid issue I cannot seem to get to the bottom of. I have many hypothyroid symptoms and I have had this probem for a while. However at one point my MD had it working perfectly and my body was comfortable for 2 years and I felt great and then some sort of problem happened with my thyroid receptors. Initially when they put me on cytomel and raised my FT3 I felt really good for that 2 yr period.

Take your temperature in the morning before you get out of bed and if it's low you need your T3 raised. There are lots of peeps who have normal range FT4 and FT3 and when they raise their FT3 they feel much improved. Too solve thyroid you have to take temperature and log your symptoms... there is no other way to determine if you are hypothyroid or not.
This is the only video that describes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiAGg1fc3RE

To add to this when my T3 was increased by taking cytomel or NDT i felt incredibly better. My cognitive skills improved, I didn't have to think about anything in detail it just came to me instantly. All the fibromyalgia I had disappeared, my body temp became normal. I slept way better and my mood was a big improvement. It's the single best thing I ever got working but for me unfortunately it wasn't to last. I'm still working on it but there are very few MD's who have in depth knowledge on this. This video by Rouzier is the only one that describes it as I know it to be from my own experiences.

Ive run the gamut on Thyroid there's nothing there, my FT3 is (natural) near the top of the range @ 3.8 - 3.9 so I've not pursued it any further. My TSH is up recently and my FT4 is low but I'm obviously converting it to FT3 so I haven't dug on it anymore. SUpplementing Iodine and Selenium haven't improved anything there.

Vince

Super Moderator
I had a hard time with the hot weather too when I was Low T... that is a symptom of Low T, not being able to deal with heat well. It was totally resolved once I was on Testosterone. But the thyroid thing means you never really get a comfortable stable body temperature. Does your son have low T?

My son is almost 40 and has very good levels of testosterone, I have three sons and all their levels are very good.

New numbers:

TT 1072 (250-1100) (blood was drawn @ 0815 appx 27hrs post injection as I normally injection at 5am daily)
FT 293 (35-155)
LC/MS/MS 46

This was a reduction in my Cyp dose of 4mg per day from 28mg > 24mg/D, using .25mg AI EOD which was taken that morning 2hrs before bloods.

Still sweaty at night like blankets/pillow with some moisture, seems I'm on a flux of either being slightly sweaty or just too warm I pass back and forth from night to night.

What I can do is further cut Cyp to 20mg/D,

or

.5mg AI E3D

ratbag

I had the same sort of numbers... my FT was really high too so I was able to cut down my dosage and my free T is still at the top of range but just in range and I feel as good as when I was too high but now I take no AI. In my case keeping my FT at very top of range seemed to be the ticket

I had the same sort of numbers... my FT was really high too so I was able to cut down my dosage and my free T is still at the top of range but just in range and I feel as good as when I was too high but now I take no AI. In my case keeping my FT at very top of range seemed to be the ticket

I believe thats where I'm headed.

buggies100

My free T runs mid range and total T is typically 500-600 at trough, appx 60 hours after last injection, i do 3x week. I still wake up hot. I ma doing thyroid labs now, waiting on lab results as we speak.
These labs will be second set since starting 3x weekly at 20 mg each and 350iu of hcg same schedule. Started that dec 19,so three month. Has changed nothing in waking up hot

Hammer

Thyroid can be very tough. One possibility might be the fact that as you age your hormone receptor sites can become less sensitive thus requiring higher dosages. ( Iknow you did reference that however). When you had your thyroid dialed in was your testosterone level about the same? I know my TSH level has fluctuated in the past due to me changing my testosterone dosages.

I am not a medical professional! I'm only relaying my opinions based on personal experience. Good luck getting reset Vince!

Systemlord

In the beginning of starting TRT I was so HOT I felt like passing out sitting in front of the computer, 80 degrees felt like 130 and after many months the overly warm feeling was gone. Now 80 degrees feels more cool and I'm never cold even at 40 degrees. My body temperatures have alway shown 98.7 degrees mid afternoon, good body temperatures support good fT3 levels. TSH has always been around .580 with midrange T4 and slightly below midrange on fT4.

ratbag

Body temperatures for the purposes of determining thyroid are meant to be taken before you get out of bed in the morning. This is the only time you can do it. Body temps change during the day.

ratbag

TSH 3.15 .40-4.50
FT4 1.1 .8-1.8
FT3 3.9 2.3-4.2

This has been mulling around in the back of my head and one thing comes to mind. Most thyroid experts and at the moment I'm thinking about Barb
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/cv.html
Puts a lot of emphasis on FT4 levels. In your case 50% is 1.3 and you are 1.1. Barb has some stories about people who were a little low on T4 and it caused them problems. Not sure if you have her book. Perhaps you might try raising your FT4 a little and see what happens. Most tend to believe that T3 is the only concern but she's the one who states they are both important. If your body temp is low in the morning (it means you do have a thyroid issue) then you have further reasons to try it. If that doesn't work you may just need more T3.

Remember before 1973. Before the TSH test, the only way doc's determine thyroid was symptoms and body temperature and to that they would dose you NDT until you felt normal. Ever since the TSH test came out (Hospitals administrations best friend and cheapest way out) many people have had undiagnosed thyroid issues. Also for a good read when the TSH test came out the many people who were on NDT complained because MD's started reducing their NDT because of the TSH test results and this is still an ongoing issue. I don't think you can beat the old way of body temp and dosing until you get your temp normal. There are many books on this. So unless you've tried it you won't know. Never trust the labs for thyroid.

This is a video that shows why labs don't help thyroid. A great vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEB_rGOWsGU

ALways being about 1 degree on the cool side if not a little lower has plagued me for as long as I can remember so Ive really looked there, I do see FT4 as being low and I obviously convert it well to T3 that some supplementation would be worth a trial run. I will bring this up at my next consult if I can get a T4 or 4/3 compound perhaps, a low dose short trial. I appreciate your comments there.

ratbag

Again your making an assumption based on a lab value. (no rant intended) That video shows examples of people with good levels improving when that added more T3. So although you believe you convert well it still may not be enough for you to feel good or to get your temperature normal. Which leaves you hypothyroid. I believe optimal FT4 (so the experts claim) is above 50%, so based upon that you would be low. I also am 1 degree low and with that I have a huge amount of hypo symptoms. If I were in your situation I would first try increasing my T4 and do that for 8 weeks and see if that raises your temperature, if no success I would then try increasing T3. I got some generic synthroid online once. My guess is that you'd probably need to take a min of 50mcg daily

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching