Transitioning from Inj to TD’s

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokey

I searched everywhere with no luck. If one is on weekly 200 T and would like to transition to daily 200mg transdermal, would I start the 200mg TD on day 8 after last injection? Or would I use a gradual increase scale starting day 8 with a TD smaller dose.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would start on your normal injection day, start with a lower dose than you think you should be using. For whatever reason when we do dailies you need less total testosterone, then when you were doing weekly injections.

Start on the next day youre due for an injection.

Pro tip: the testing strategy on creams is different, apply it two hours before you have blood drawn and not on the arm you will have blood drawn.

Smokey

I found that curious as well. I don't think I have read anyone going that direction before. I would be interested in hearing the reasoning.

Hope the transition goes well though.

I have experimented with many injection protocols from 1x weekly to 2x weekly with and without arimidex and they work for a while and then I go downhill. The main reason is that I do not like the change in the face area that injections seem to give when combining with hcg. The area on either side of my nose seems to hold water which looks abnormal.....and I notice this with many others using injection but do not notice with those that use creams. I am however going to give the injections one more chance with a much lower dose like Nelson uses (50mg x2 plus 500 hcg x2 per week) since the lowest I have used is 65mg x2 per week which built me up to 1227 total T and 41E. Will let you know results.

S1W

I found that curious as well. I don't think I have read anyone going that direction before. I would be interested in hearing the reasoning.

Hope the transition goes well though.

I have only been on TRT for just over 6 months so my experience is certainly limited. However, I felt better on daily compounded cream compared to current T Cyp injections and my labs reflected that too. I'm going to continue to try to dial in my protocol with injections because they're way more convenient for me but think about going back to cream all the time.

I applied the cream once in the morning. I did notice I would get a bit tired at night but that turned out to be a net positive as it helped me sleep. However, I do prefer the convenience of the E3.5D injection schedule. It's not that putting on cream every morning was really such a hassle - but rather waiting for it to dry then rubbing it again with a bit of moisturizer as there always seemed to be a bit of a film/residue. I would also apply with a nitrile glove to avoid wasting cream on my hands (local compounder didn't use topiclick dispenser - just a little jar/reusable dosing syringe). The whole thing was kind of a process.

Other things I noticed:
Sleep better on creams as mentioned above. Acne worse on creams. Body composition/workouts seemed better on creams. Nocturnal erections/morning wood seem better on injections.

As mentioned above, this not an apples to apples comparison and I'm still getting dialed in so take it with a grain of salt - just my experiences so far.

Good luck with your transition and please let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Smokey

How much cream and injection have you experimented with and are you using dhea, pregnoline and arimidex. Thanks for all of the feedback

S1W

How much cream and injection have you experimented with and are you using dhea, pregnoline and arimidex. Thanks for all of the feedback

Cream: 1/2g of 200mg/g compounded cream, daily. Nothing else. This is the typical "starting dose" and turns out it may have actually been close to ideal for me. Not sure what adding HCG to this may have done...I might be finding out soon enough.

T. Cyp. Round 1: 120mg/week (60mg E3.5D) SubQ with 300IU HCG E3.5D. My E2 almost doubled on this protocol and hematocrit went from 50 to 52.5.

T. Cyp. Round 2: Currently 108mg/week (54mg E3.5D) SubQ with 300IU HCG E3.5D. Several weeks into this protocol, no bloodwork on this yet.

Labs from first 2 protocols are out there on this forum - if you search through my recent posts you'll find them. Overall really haven't been thrilled with either cyp protocol so far and will give this new protocol a few more weeks, if no improvement back to cream.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me