Home hgb testing

Has anybody had any success with a home device to check your hemoglobin? I tried one and it was completely inaccurate. Not afraid to pay a few hundred dollars as it would eventually pay for itself

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Quote Originally Posted by buggies100 View Post
    Has anybody had any success with a home device to check your hemoglobin? I tried one and it was completely inaccurate. Not afraid to pay a few hundred dollars as it would eventually pay for itself
    They are innacurate. You are better off spending some time getting lab work done. It is cheaper and accurate. Even the more expensive ones used at the blood center (cost 700-1000) are innacurate. At my blood center my HCT reads 3-4 points higher than HCT measured at lab corp.

Quote Originally Posted by HealthMan View Post
    They are innacurate. You are better off spending some time getting lab work done. It is cheaper and accurate. Even the more expensive ones used at the blood center (cost 700-1000) are innacurate. At my blood center my HCT reads 3-4 points higher than HCT measured at lab corp.

That would be because they're not measuring your HCT, for one, and two, trying to extrapolate HGB X 3 for HCT is an extremely poor means to do so, just as trying it at home. ACBC is dirt cheapm accurate, and the only acceptable way to measure HCT.

*the more you know

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    That would be because they're not measuring your HCT, for one, and two, trying to extrapolate HGB X 3 for HCT is an extremely poor means to do so, just as trying it at home. ACBC is dirt cheapm accurate, and the only acceptable way to measure HCT.

*the more you know
    They claim it is my HCT. I confronted them with my labwork (because i was unable to donate double red cell given their innacurate HCT number). But who knows!
    The 3x hemoglobin formula usually is spot for me.

Thread Information