My standard estrodiol results.

Buy Lab Tests Online

JBone

Actually just got standard estrodial tests. I don’t know if this includes men and woman but it’s high either way. I’m at 42 pg/mL on a scale 8 - 43 pg/mL.
I’ve had many symptoms of high estrogen. Could this be the reason?
My t dose is only 80mg every 5 days. Haven’t talked to endo yet but do you guys have any suggestions and if this is my problem with many aweful symptoms?
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Re-Ride

The drawing lab usually retains the sample. You can order two LC MS MS assays from the original sample. Should the results come backed skewed , higher and lower use this tool to determine actual E2
https://youtu.be/Mk03NsUZfw0

CoastWatcher

Absent results from the appropriate lab test, it would be ill-advised for anyone to suggest you add anastrozole to your protocol. Where does your total and free testosterone sit on your current protocol?

JBone

Absent results from the appropriate lab test, it would be ill-advised for anyone to suggest you add anastrozole to your protocol. Where does your total and free testosterone sit on your current protocol?
I haven’t gotten those results yet. I know last time my total t wasn’t very impressive but my free t was impressive. I’ll post that when I get those.

JBone

In light of this, your SHBG value would be important.
Right. Last time it was 22. I guess low SHGB might require smaller doses and more frequent injections. That would maybe be better for elevated estrodial.
I think my total t was like 422 and free t was 13.5 on a scale of 5-15.6.

Gman86

Ya I would definitely not start an AI. The sensitive E2 test always come back lower than the standard test for me. So your E2 is probably less than 42. And with your SHBG being 22, ED or EOD injections would be beneficial, and also most likely lower your E2 a bit as well. I assume your total testosterone and free testosterone were both at trough. I would keep your testosterone dose the same, increase the injection frequency and then retest. Then make adjustments as needed from there.

Also, 80mg E5d doesn’t sound like much, but it actually equals out to injecting 120mg per week. So you actually are on a decent dose. So I would keep your dosage the same and increase the injection frequency.

JBone

Ya I would definitely not start an AI. The sensitive E2 test always come back lower than the standard test for me. So your E2 is probably less than 42. And with your SHBG being 22, ED or EOD injections would be beneficial, and also most likely lower your E2 a bit as well. I assume your total testosterone and free testosterone were both at trough. I would keep your testosterone dose the same, increase the injection frequency and then retest. Then make adjustments as needed from there.

Also, 80mg E5d doesn’t sound like much, but it actually equals out to injecting 120mg per week. So you actually are on a decent dose. So I would keep your dosage the same and increase the injection frequency.

thank you. yes, that part makes sense.
i'm just wondering why I have so many bad symptoms. not so sure it's estradiol anymore.

sometimes with low SHBG there could be some aspect of needing to run a little less than the 21-30 LC/MS/MS typical range that is advised. YOu'll have to work thru and see what is best for you, 30 or maybe closer to 20.

Gman86

What are your symptoms? I’ve had symptoms that I thought might be high estrogen when my blood test actually came back with low estrogen.

Like for example, I kept having slight nipple sensitivity randomly even when my E2 was at 9. When I was on HCG monotherapy and my E2 was high, I remember my nipples would get so itchy I literally scratched them to the point that they started to bleed a little. I had to put tape over them so I wouldn’t scratch them.

So now I’ve learned the difference between a little nipple sensitivity, which can be normal when testosterone levels are fluctuating a bit, and full blown nipple sensitivity to the point you’ll probably get gynocomastia if left untreated.

JBone

What are your symptoms? I’ve had symptoms that I thought might be high estrogen when my blood test actually came back with low estrogen.

Like for example, I kept having slight nipple sensitivity randomly even when my E2 was at 9. When I was on HCG monotherapy and my E2 was high, I remember my nipples would get so itchy I literally scratched them to the point that they started to bleed a little. I had to put tape over them so I wouldn’t scratch them.

So now I’ve learned the difference between a little nipple sensitivity, which can be normal when testosterone levels are fluctuating a bit, and full blown nipple sensitivity to the point you’ll probably get gynocomastia if left untreated.

bad fatigue, ed , depressed, weak, etc...

These are my testosterone results on day 3 of 5 day protocol. Free T looks strong but not so sure about Total T. I guess that shows my low SHGB levels. Not sure what to think with estradiol at 42 on a scale of 8-42.6 also on day 3.
I'm not all that concerned with numbers but am with bad symptoms. Don't know if this indicates anything or not.
Testosterone, Free
25.6 ng/dL
4.06 - 15.6 ng/dL
Testosterone, Total.
777 ng/dL
240 - 950 ng/dL

Gman86

Vince has got a good point. Low SHBG means not only is a lot of your testosterone free'd up, but your estrogen is less bound as well. Meaning if you and a high SHBG had the same E2 level, you would probably experience more high E2 symptoms due to more of your E2 being active and free, and his more bound and less active.

So Vince is right, low SHBG guys do sometimes have to keep their E2 a little lower than mid-high SHBG men do. I've even heard people say a rough rule of thumb is to keep your E2 level around where your SHBG level is.

TheDude

Vince has got a good point. Low SHBG means not only is a lot of your testosterone free'd up, but your estrogen is less bound as well. Meaning if you and a high SHBG had the same E2 level, you would probably experience more high E2 symptoms due to more of your E2 being active and free, and his more bound and less active.

So Vince is right, low SHBG guys do sometimes have to keep their E2 a little lower than mid-high SHBG men do. I've even heard people say a rough rule of thumb is to keep your E2 level around where your SHBG level is.

I have low SHBG (14 on can't remember the scale). My E2 Sensitive was at 62 three months ago. Dr started me on 0.125 AI every 4th day. Will be running labs soon to see if I need to up AI, which I think I will.

JBone

Ok. I do have major E2 symptoms though. Maybe that’s what you meant.
So my SHGB is 22 and my estrodial is 42. You might be on to something. Does that mean I have a lot of “free” estrodial?

Thank you gman. I tend to say it like this: low SHBG we know = (very) high Free T, also = high Free Estrogen. We know from Dr Crisler that the low SHBG guy is a super excreter of Test but does NOT do the same fast excretion with Estrogens. Ive heard that sparingly elsewhere the need for E to rest around the SHBG number but Ive yet not been able to get there. I'm already taking .25mg EOD and still hitting 42 LC/MS/MS.

JBone

thanks guys. this is really making sense and more than likely what's going on with me feeling so bad. learning a lot. really appreciate it?
is it ok to have moderate total testosterone and high free testosterone as long as you have the right protocol? sounds like and it makes sense that low SHGB can be a real issue with moderate to high E2.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me