High DHT

Buy Lab Tests Online

BJE

I’ve been searching the forum on the subject of high DHT but have not really found an answer so my question is whether high DHT is anything to be concerned about.

I have BPH and mild urinary symptoms and my PSA has been under 1.

My DHT has usually been over the top of the range. For example with a range of 16-79 my level has been from 80 to 105. Is this anything to be concerned about or are the prostate DHT receptors already saturated at a much lower level such that high DHT makes no difference?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Prostate has more to do with E than DHT, that's my take on it, DHT is unfairly blamed and then targeted. Absent symptoms and it appears that you're on top of PSA all I would do is keep that PSA in a routine testing cycle. and to add, anything about hair is far more genetic than DHT, too, if that subject comes up here.

BJE

I do have hair loss but I didn’t mention it because I’m sure it’s genetic and it has been happening for the last thirty years. I think TRT may have accelerated the loss but I just have to look at my relatives to realize that it’s inevitable.

Ardoc

I was above the testable range for DHT in the past and the testable range is almost 3 x the max lab range, so I honestly don't know how high it was. After investigating the ramifications and what to do (or if I should do anything) i decided not to test for it routinely. I have tested since and it was well above range but within the testable range so i know it is consistently high. The advice I got is that DHT is not the villain it has been made out to be in regard to prostate health, that it is far more androgenic than Testosterone and it is what "makes a man, a man". I have no prostate issues and had already lost enough hair that i shave my head so absent any tangible concerns, i largely ignore it. I have been strongly warned against trying to bring it down through drugs or supplements as there is evidence that some people taking drugs to block 5 alpha- reductase (sp?) have had sexual side effects that can last indefinitely even after discontinuing the drug (Finesteride for example). The other advice I received was "don't stress about it and make it pay in the gym" :)

BJE

I have been strongly warned against trying to bring it down through drugs or supplements as there is evidence that some people taking drugs to block 5 alpha- reductase (sp?) have had sexual side effects that can last indefinitely even after discontinuing the drug (Finesteride for example). The other advice I received was "don't stress about it and make it pay in the gym" :)
I took saw palmetto for many years. My first hormonal symptoms were ED and breast tenderness. It turned out that I had low testosterone and high estradiol. I have wondered if it was the saw palmetto that caused the problem. If saw palmetto does what they claim then it might have some of the same side effects as finasteride.

As far as the gym goes it’s my understanding that muscles use testosterone not DHT.

I took saw palmetto for many years. My first hormonal symptoms were ED and breast tenderness. It turned out that I had low testosterone and high estradiol. I have wondered if it was the saw palmetto that caused the problem. If saw palmetto does what they claim then it might have some of the same side effects as finasteride.

As far as the gym goes it's my understanding that muscles use testosterone not DHT.

Saw Palmetto is a known androgen blocker but I strongly doubt that it did that to you, created the problem or to that magnitude

BillyJ03z

As far as the gym goes it’s my understanding that muscles use testosterone not DHT.

About 12 years ago I started taking Saw Palemetto because I heard it was a great natural way to protect hair (I am/was very vain about my hair). I was not on Trt or taking any AAS, I was very healthy with great sex drive and I just wanted to protect my hair... HUGE MISTAKE.. within 1-2 months I got ED.... Took about a year to recover physically and psychologically... Saw Palmetto is no joke...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me