Stopping TRT aftermath

Buy Lab Tests Online

muscnerd

Hi all,

I am 28 yo male.

First post here. I have been on TRT for 3 years, for 100mg every one week (corrected from EOW ), no AI. I moved down to Florida from Massachusetts 6 months ago and in last Dec the pharmacy is refusing to refill the test prescription. I called my doctor's office in Boston and realize i have to go see them every 6 months to get the script. At first i have trouble finding a doctor here so i stopped taking T cold turkey. I was feeling down and unmotivated for almost two weeks. Then the libido and mood comes back. Now i am horny all the time and i have morning wood every day. In fact surprisingly i am hornier than when i was on test. I have never feel this way for a long time. I am horny all the time and i am dripping precum with random boners and feeling full in my balls. i have had wet dreams frequently too.

I may find a doctor and restart TRT soon.

What do you guys think? Was a bad idea to stop TRT cold turkey? Should i have used some kind of post therapy?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Your protocol was all wrong, 100mg every 2 weeks isn't TRT, it's stupidity. Typically we inject 50mg twice weekly, even injecting once weekly is reserved for high SHBG guys. You walked away from TRT never have experiencing a TRT protocol, you were never on TRT but on some frankenstein version of it.

How long ago did you stop TRT? Reason is if it's only been two weeks since you stopped TRT it usually takes 3 weeks to crash.

muscnerd

I was doing 100mg every one week. Sorry i thought EOW means every one week. I stopped TRT at the end of the year.

Last shot was Dec 25 with 100 mg. I feel the crash on Jan 15. You are right. It took 3 week to crash. I could feel the recovery on starting in Feb.

ERO

Hi all,

I am 28 yo male.

First post here. I have been on TRT for 3 years, for 100mg EOW, no AI. I moved down to Florida from Massachusetts 6 months ago and in last Dec the pharmacy is refusing to refill the test prescription. I called my doctor's office in Boston and realize i have to go see them every 6 months to get the script. At first i have trouble finding a doctor here so i stopped taking T cold turkey. I was feeling down and unmotivated for almost two weeks. Then the libido and mood comes back. Now i am horny all the time and i have morning wood every day. In fact surprisingly i am hornier than when i was on test. I have never feel this way for a long time. I am horny all the time and i am dripping precum with random boners and feeling full in my balls.

I may find a doctor and restart TRT soon.

What do you guys think? Was a bad idea to stop TRT cold turkey? Should i have used some kind of post therapy?

You seem to be feeling BETTER now than you were on TRT, so why restart???

muscnerd

Your protocol was all wrong, 100mg every 2 weeks isn't TRT, it's stupidity. Typically we inject 50mg twice weekly, even injecting once weekly is reserved for high SHBG guys. You walked away from TRT never have experiencing a TRT protocol, you were never on TRT but on some frankenstein version of it.

How long ago did you stop TRT? Reason is if it's only been two weeks since you stopped TRT it usually takes 3 weeks to crash.

I just dug up the doctor's lab in patient portal. My SHBG is 20.6. Was that low or high?

CoastWatcher

I just dug up the doctor's lab in patient portal. My SHBG is 20.6. Was that low or high?
That is a low SHBG. The fact that your doctor never seems to have taken that into account, SHBG values of that sort do far better on frequent, smaller doses of testosterone, simply supports the statement Systemlord made: you've yet to really know how a well designed protocol will make you feel.

muscnerd

That is a low SHBG. The fact that your doctor never seems to have taken that into account, SHBG values of that sort do far better on frequent, smaller doses of testosterone, simply supports the statement Systemlord made: you've yet to really know how a well designed protocol will make you feel.

Good to know. Thanks. Omg. I will read more post here and learn more about TRT.

CoastWatcher

I saw a new doctor and did blood work. My T level is 230. He put me on 60mg twice a week. And 0.5mg anastrozole twice a week.

You're moving in the right direction - but...that's an awful lot of anastrozole (even if it is in divided doses). Crashing estradiol is not something you want to experience. Where did your e2 level sit prior when these most recent labs were drawn? Was it evaluated with the sensitive test, LC/MS, MS, the only one that men can rely on to report estradiol levels?

muscnerd

You're moving in the right direction - but...that's an awful lot of anastrozole (even if it is in divided doses). Crashing estradiol is not something you want to experience. Where did your e2 level sit prior when these most recent labs were drawn? Was it evaluated with the sensitive test, LC/MS, MS, the only one that men can rely on to report estradiol levels?

Thanks coastwatcher and ero. Really? It is a high dose? I don't know what the e2 level was when I was in TRT. But the doctor told me my current e2 is 24, which is after 45 days off T. Doctor did not tell me whether it is sensitive test

What dose do you guys recommend then?

CoastWatcher

Thanks coastwatcher and ero. Really? It is a high dose? I don't know what the e2 level was when I was in TRT. But the doctor told me my current e2 is 24, which is after 45 days off T. Doctor did not tell me whether it is sensitive test

What dose do you guys recommend then?

No dose. There's no reason to be on anastrozole AT ALL with a reading of 24. An AI comes into play when you have elevated e2 and symptoms that correspond to elevated levels. An AI is a great element of a patient's regimen if it is necessary. Estradiol, however, is not a waste product, it's a necessary hormone in men to maintain at therapeutic levels. It contributes to sexual desire, erectile function, bone health, and cognitive ability. In six weeks stop and evaluate your estradiol with the sensitive test. That's the time to determine if you need an AI.

muscnerd

No dose. There's no reason to be on anastrozole AT ALL with a reading of 24. An AI comes into play when you have elevated e2 and symptoms that correspond to elevated levels. An AI is a great element of a patient's regimen if it is necessary. Estradiol, however, is not a waste product, it's a necessary hormone in men to maintain at therapeutic levels. It contributes to sexual desire, erectile function, bone health, and cognitive ability. In six weeks stop and evaluate your estradiol with the sensitive test. That's the time to determine if you need an AI.

Ok. I just took the test and 0.5 mg anastrozole. I will skip the AI from now on. The doctor scheduled next blood test would be 2 months later. I will check with them. Thanks a lot.

In fact I got the doctor to prescribe the hcg sublingual. I will get it next week I think.

The CVS gave me 4 bottles of 200mg 1ml of T for a month. Surprised they would give 4 bottles because they seem excessive.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Ok. I just took the test and 0.5 mg anastrozole. I will skip the AI from now on. The doctor scheduled next blood test would be 2 months later. I will check with them. Thanks a lot.

In fact I got the doctor to prescribe the hcg sublingual. I will get it next week I think.

The CVS gave me 4 bottles of 200mg 1ml of T for a month. Surprised they would give 4 bottles because they seem excessive.

Oral HCG is utterly ineffective. https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?4914&p=22406#post22406 We've seen it again and again, not simply in this one thread. A complete waste of time and money.

CoastWatcher

Too bad lol. I will try it out first. Would I feel anything if I inject hcg?

You may not "feel" anything (though you might), but you'll preserve your testicles. With oral HCG you'll not feel anything, nor will your testicles stay vital. You'll simply be walking through a pointless exercise. Your new doctor is making some questionable treatment decisions.

muscnerd

Also it seems like i always get insomnia the night after i inject the T. Do you guys experience that too? How do you guys mitigate it?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me