Half Life of Estradiol

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diablo666

Hi,

I am trying to determine the half life of Estradiol for a model I am building for myself to try to control it better. I have been reading it is even less than 24 hours... So, HYPOTETICALLY, if I want to crash my estradiol at any given point (I know this is stupid, btw), and say I take whatever Mg of Anaztrozole, how fast will my estrogen crash? Will it be 1-2 days, 1 week, etc? - Please note I am NOT trying to crash my E2, just want to understand hypotetically.

I know that Anaztrozole, does not lower E2, just blocks aromatización, but if I were to block ALL aromatization, and E2 half life is just 1 day, that means in about 1-3 days I will have effectively crashed my estrogen. Is that true or does E2 takes a little more to deplete and rebuild? - I have read of people crashing E2 and taking "weeks" to recover, so if E2 half life were 24 hours, that does not make any sense, because you could get back your E2 just as fast as you crashed in the first place, so which way is it?

Any inputs would be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Diablo666

Thanks Vince but I was trying to understand the half life of E2 or Estrogens in general, not the AI.

For example, half life to Test Cypionate is 7-8 days or so.. but how much would it be for estrogens once it is produced in the body?

Anastrozole DOES lower estradiol (E2)

Hi,

I am trying to determine the half life of Estradiol for a model I am building for myself to try to control it better. I have been reading it is even less than 24 hours... So, HYPOTETICALLY, if I want to crash my estradiol at any given point (I know this is stupid, btw), and say I take whatever Mg of Anaztrozole, how fast will my estrogen crash? Will it be 1-2 days, 1 week, etc? - Please note I am NOT trying to crash my E2, just want to understand hypotetically.

I know that Anaztrozole, does not lower E2, just blocks aromatización, but if I were to block ALL aromatization, and E2 half life is just 1 day, that means in about 1-3 days I will have effectively crashed my estrogen. Is that true or does E2 takes a little more to deplete and rebuild? - I have read of people crashing E2 and taking "weeks" to recover, so if E2 half life were 24 hours, that does not make any sense, because you could get back your E2 just as fast as you crashed in the first place, so which way is it?

Any inputs would be well appreciated.

Thanks,

Arimidex (anastrozole) and exemestane (Aromasin®) are aromatase inhibitors and prevent the metabolism of T → E2. If you have baseline levels of E2 (serum levels easily available via all major labs) that are elevated then you can try either of the two drugs above and then after 1 to 2 weeks recheck your E2 level. I have not heard the term "crashing" your E2. If you are on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) then it is likely that you will need to be on long term use of an aromatase inhibitor. Once you stop it the T → E2 pathway is again operative.
I am not sure of the half-life of E2 in healthy men. In post-menopausal woman getting an estradiol patch, the half-life is 2.7 hours.
Lastly, some men are very responsive to aromatase inhibitors and do not require large doses. So the key issues is the context of the patient. In a man using TRT because of hypogonadism, I often see doses of Arimidex as low as 0.5 mg twice a week able to suppress E2 to normal ranges. Hope this helps.

GreenMachineX

The half-life of testosterone (unesterified) and estradiol is less than 20 min.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3636985/
Does this mean if one's e2 is extremely high, for example, 150, a sufficient dose of an AI will bring it to normal levels in just a couple day? I'm waiting on labs to confirm elevated e2, and wondering how quickly I can get them right and what dose AI to use. If .25mg anastrozole once a week has historically crashed my e2, would I still dose higher if my e2 is like 100, or just jump into a minimal dose and let it happen slowly? I've never had insomnia and night sweats like this before. My e2 is either lower than it's ever been or higher than it's ever been.

Diablo666

My hypothesis is that you can crash it rather fast... say in about 2-3 days... but it will also could rebound quickly if your T level is too high. But I have no data to sustain it.. just something I suspect based on the short half life of E2.

lowtdunce

Mine crashes pretty quickly (like say from 40 to 15 in just a week and sometimes one dose) but with no AI my E2 rises at about .75 per day until it gets to whatever level my testosterone will support. If you get E2 tested frequently enough while keeping everything else the same you can start to get enough data on yourself so that you know how much AI you need and how often.

My hypothesis is that you can crash it rather fast... say in about 2-3 days... but it will also could rebound quickly if your T level is too high. But I have no data to sustain it.. just something I suspect based on the short half life of E2.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me