What's the beef with anastrazole?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nashtide

I've been on TRT for more than two years. Dialed in and feeling great for most of that time. I have used a low dose of adex the whole time. Seems like the general consensus on this site is to avoid adex unless you need a D cup bra or have severe swelling. Maybe I'm just sensitive to E2, but I feel awesome when my E2 is mid 20's to mid 30's. Any higher and I lose a lot of the positive effects of TRT.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

stevep

I'm no expert, but I think the biggest concern it is a breast cancer drug. I'm in the same boat you're in. Dialed in, and sensitive to E2. I'm one that benefits from HCG and need/want it for multiple reasons. But if my E2 gets to high I notice it quickly.

I've tried DIM and it didn't help with my E2 at all that I could tell.

I take .125mg twice a week which is a small dose, but enough for me.

Vince

Super Moderator
The only issue with an AI, it's so overly prescribed. Doctors made it a issue not patients. I've never needed or wanted to use and AI, thankfully no doctors have pushed in on me. Estrogen is important for men to not just females.

Nashtide

The only issue with an AI, it's so overly prescribed. Doctors made it a issue not patients. I've never needed or wanted to use and AI, thankfully no doctors have pushed in on me. Estrogen is important for men to not just females.
But the drug itself seems to be demonized by folks on this site. Obviously, over prescribing and over use of any drug is bad. This issue appears to be about the use of this medication at all. So you are saying judicious use of anastrazole is okay? I know my TRT journey would be an abject failure without it.

CoastWatcher

But the drug itself seems to be demonized by folks on this site. Obviously, over prescribing and over use of any drug is bad. This issue appears to be about the use of this medication at all. So you are saying judicious use of anastrazole is okay? I know my TRT journey would be an abject failure without it.
Then continue to utilize it. It's a good drug, should only be deployed when circumstances dictate its necessity. In your case, that criteria is met.

Nashtide

Then continue to utilize it. It's a good drug, should only be deployed when circumstances dictate its necessity. In your case, that seems to be the case.
I shall continue to use it. I'm just trying to figure out the mentality towards the drug I encounter on this site. You would think it was rat poison!

CoastWatcher

I shall continue to use it. I'm just trying to figure out the mentality towards the drug I encounter on this site. You would think it was rat poison!
It's handed out as as a standard element of far too many TRT protocols, typically prior to the initiation of therapy when there is no indication of where estradiol levels will land once TRT is underway. It is estradiol that has been demonized by many, doctors and patients, when in reality, at therapeutic levels, it is an essential hormone for men in regard to sexual performance, bone health, and cognitive function. Men come to this site with single digit levels, taking excessive amounts of anastrozole...having been told that if estradiol is not brought to near extinct levels they will grow breasts.

My own doctor says, "An AI when necessary, but only when necessary."

My beef with it is my last doctor prescribed 1 mg per week and that was WAY too much for the every other week injection cycle that he had me on. I ended up feeling so bad to the point where I was ready to give up TRT all together. Come to find out, my estradiol was single digit, below range, on the sensitive scale.

The night sweats, joint/tendon pain, and horrific mood swings sucked. I'm better now since starting a new protocol in December, but it took nearly 2 months for the symptoms to completely diminish.

My beef with it is my last doctor prescribed 1 mg per week and that was WAY too much for the every other week injection cycle that he had me on. I ended up feeling so bad to the point where I was ready to give up TRT all together. Come to find out, my estradiol was single digit, below range, on the sensitive scale.

The night sweats, joint/tendon pain, and horrific mood swings sucked. I'm better now since starting a new protocol in December, but it took nearly 2 months for the symptoms to completely diminish.

I think you hit the nail right on the head bouquetCPA. It's not that AI's are bad. It is the poor prescription frequency and amount.
Most of the guys here posting AIs are the devils brew took too much(enter any reason or blame here_____________) and crashed their E2.
Some claim to have never recovered from low E.

As for me I use an AI and love it. I have never taken more than .125 EOD and some weeks I will skip one dose.

Nashtide

I think you hit the nail right on the head bouquetCPA. It's not that AI's are bad. It is the poor prescription frequency and amount.
Most of the guys here posting AIs are the devils brew took too much(enter any reason or blame here_____________) and crashed their E2.

As for me I use an AI and love it. I have never taken more than .125 EOD and some weeks I will skip one dose.
I get all that. I do the same thing as you. I mix up my dose based on the way I feel.

madman

Super Moderator
I've been on TRT for more than two years. Dialed in and feeling great for most of that time. I have used a low dose of adex the whole time. Seems like the general consensus on this site is to avoid adex unless you need a D cup bra or have severe swelling. Maybe I'm just sensitive to E2, but I feel awesome when my E2 is mid 20's to mid 30's. Any higher and I lose a lot of the positive effects of TRT.

The main issue is not the aromatase inhibitor itself. What truly matters is whether one lowers their estradiol levels too much with the use of an a.i. which is not healthy and can cause many negative issues.

It is all about finding a healthy balance as you know e2 is essential to the male and yes sometimes even having higher e2 levels in some especially when ones total/free t levels are also higher can be beneficial to the effectiveness of ones protocol.

Keeping an eye on where ones levels fall in the lab range for estradiol (sensitive assay) is helpful to know whether one falls in the lower/mid/high range and is important to ones protocol but numbers are not the end all be all.

Everyone responds differently and as you know some feel better having higher levels where as other feel better with levels in range. I would say how one feels overall is what is critical and whether ones experiences high or low e2 symptoms.

Therein lies the rub. The doctor that I left, along with his staff, are under the false impression that men on TRT do NOT need estradiol in their bodies. I know because that was their argument when I brought in my labs after the crash. I wonder how many other lives they are ruining with that mentality?

My new doctor put me on .125 mg every 3.5 days because I have a naturally high SHBG. I'll know after the results tomorrow how that has been working for me.

Nashtide

The main issue is not the aromatase inhibitor itself. What truly matters is whether one lowers their estradiol levels too much with the use of an a.i. which is not healthy and can cause many negative issues.

It is all about finding a healthy balance as you know e2 is essential to the male and yes sometimes even having higher e2 levels in some especially when ones total/free t levels are also higher can be beneficial to the effectiveness of ones protocol.

Keeping an eye on where ones levels fall in the lab range for estradiol (sensitive assay) is helpful to know whether one falls in the lower/mid/high range and is important to ones protocol but numbers are not the end all be all.

Everyone responds differently and as you know some feel better having higher levels where as other feel better with levels in range. I would say how one feels overall is what is critical and whether ones experiences high or low e2 symptoms.
Yup. I can totally manipulate how I feel just by small alterations in my anastrazole dose. If I wake up without morning wood, the next time I dose with adex I just slightly increase it and the wood comes back the next morning.

bm1981

I have been using anastrozole for around 6 months - going to give up on it shortly and adjust my testosterone dose as it makes me super moody, aggressive etc

so anastrozole makes you super moody and agressive?
I remember Vince Carter was saying that dhea would make him feel that way just 24 hours after taking it. I smell dhea lowers e2

bm1981

It can be hard to prove it but I do believe that anastrozole makes me moody, aggressive etc - prob not the drug itself but the action of lowering estrogen. I am planning on splitting my testosterone dose up in a bid to keep things a bit more stable - have to do something as I am literally falling out with everyone

Has anyone ever noticed anxiety with Anastrozole? It was way worse when I was on 1 mg, but every now and again, like if I take .125 mg at night, I seem to get a little anxiety that keeps me from falling asleep.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me