Anyone currently using metformin and getting it online?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Matt Leiser

Anyone currently using metformin and getting it online? If so, where from and do you feel it is working for you? What benefits are you getting? Any issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Hoosier52

I have a script from Defy for it. I'm using it in an attempt to get my HCT down. Last labs 6 mos ago showed that it had not gone up. I also use Grapefruit Seed Extract. I'm due to have new labs and will see if its working or not.

Vince

Super Moderator
I have a script from Defy for it. I'm using it in an attempt to get my HCT down. Last labs 6 mos ago showed that it had not gone up. I also use Grapefruit Seed Extract. I'm due to have new labs and will see if its working or not.

I don't believe that metformin will lower your HCT, were you told that by a doctor?

Vince

Super Moderator
Low hematocrit is a common side effect of many illnesses and of drug therapies like metformin. Reductions in kidney function that occur in diabetes can also cause lower hematocrit values. Hematocrit is part of the calculation that all glucose monitors use for measuring glucose.

[h=2]Diabetes and Anemia: | Diabetes Health[/b]
www.diabeteshealth.com/diabetes-and-anemia/

JohnnyQuest

Anyone currently using metformin and getting it online? If so, where from and do you feel it is working for you? What benefits are you getting? Any issues?
I'm using it, and found that it helps bring my average glucose level down. I also had my telomeres tested in December, and i was concerned that due to poor sleep quality (don't know if it is from stress, or sleep apnea - I do use a CPAP machine, or both) my telomeres would have been adversely impacted. However, I was pleased to see that they are above average. I began to wonder if that is partially due to taking 2500mg of metformin daily.

There are a number of articles about the positive relationship between metformin and telomeres, like this one: https://ampkprogeriahiv.wordpress.c...nection-between-progeria-aging-hiv-1-latency/

Matt Leiser

I started metformin today. 500 mgs twice daily. Think I’m going to start with one at night for a week then move to twice a day. Give my gut a chance to adapt to it.

Vince

Super Moderator
I started metformin today. 500 mgs twice daily. Think I'm going to start with one at night for a week then move to twice a day. Give my gut a chance to adapt to it.
You may wish to supplement with B12, metformin can lower your B12 levels. I believe Metformin ER is a better choice.

Im currently supplementing 600 mcgs. Is that sufficient or do you think I need to increase?

That dose sounds good to me. You don't want to OD on B12 which could happen if you are eating right.

Recommended Daily Allowance

The Institute of Medicine's Food and Nutrition Board recommends that healthy adult men and women over 19 years old consume 2.4 micrograms of vitamin B-12 each day. Pregnant women need 2.6 micrograms daily and women who are breastfeeding need 2.8 micrograms daily. However, due to absorption rate decreasing with age, people over age 50 may need as much as 500 to 1,000 micrograms of supplemental vitamin B-12 each day.
===============
Examples of good sources include eggs, milk, yogurt and cheese. These foods provide between 10 and 19 percent of the RDA of vitamin B-12 per serving. Foods that have 20 percent or more of the vitamin's RDA in every serving are considered excellent sources and include 3 ounces of clams, 3 ounces of beef, 1 cup of vitamin-fortified breakfast cereal or 3 ounces of fish, such as salmon, trout, tuna or haddock.

I hope you're only joking about the OD.
Sorry Vince I did not mean overdose as in dying. Just taking too much is bad for you.
Can you take too much b12 in a day?

Don't take more than 100 milligrams a day, which is the upper tolerable limit set by the federal government. Adults of all ages need 2.4 micrograms a day of vitamin B12; there is no upper tolerable limit for B12 because high doses are considered safe for most people.

Some are calling it “vitamin M” and I’ve heard they’re trying to put it in the water supply now (okay that one is a joke). It’s a good drug, as drugs go, but as with everything comes with potential side effects.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me