Starting dose for female TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

mopes

Not much out there, all I'm finding is 10-25mg a week. Anyone have better guidelines for injectable dose for females undergoing doctor supervised TRT?

Already tried the DHEA route but not much effect on T levels or libido.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

at15

10 mg - 25 mg per week is a lot for a female unless they are using for bodybuilding.
stick in the 1-5 mg per week range for replacement dosing.

JMP

Mopes, not sure if my calculations are right or if they transfer to injections. With that said, my wife is on compounded cream 30mg/4 clicks. She takes 3 clicks /day. Absorption is said to be 10%. 3/4 of 30 is 22.5, 10% is 2.25. Multiply by 7 is 15.75mg of test/wk.

JMP

Just want to add that my wife started at 1 click and was advised by Dr. Saya to be able to go up a click after 2 weeks if no response, not exceeding 3 clicks. She recently had her first 3 month follow up and had been on three clicks for 2 months. Total test was around 190, free 8, which I thought was high. Dr Saya however thought that it was OK as long as there were no side effects, which there have been none. She continues on 3 clicks. No amazing results yet but some improvements. She is also now beginning with natures thyroid as well so still some things to work out.

My wife is on 4 clicks of 20mg/ml compounded cream. Blood test not due yet so we don't know how her adsorbtion rate is. But she says she is feeling better.
hth

mopes

Just want to add that my wife started at 1 click and was advised by Dr. Saya to be able to go up a click after 2 weeks if no response, not exceeding 3 clicks. She recently had her first 3 month follow up and had been on three clicks for 2 months. Total test was around 190, free 8, which I thought was high. Dr Saya however thought that it was OK as long as there were no side effects, which there have been none. She continues on 3 clicks. No amazing results yet but some improvements. She is also now beginning with natures thyroid as well so still some things to work out.

Based on the research I’ve done free t or 8 is a great target for females.

Got labs back at 12mg of t enanthate weekly split into three doses. Total t was 150 and free was 4.8. Shbg is high at 72 but not as high as it was before starting the t when it was 90. Probably the 3 grain of naturethroid she’s on. Might be good to spit her t doses into 6mg twice weekly and see what happens. Have to chat up her doc next month...

Last edited:
Based on the research I’ve done free t or 8 is a great target for females.

Got labs back at 12mg of t enanthate weekly split into three doses. Total t was 150 and free was 4.8. Shbg is high at 72 but not as high as it was before starting the t when it was 90. Probably the 3 grain of naturethroid she’s on. Might be good to spit her t doses into 6mg twice weekly and see what happens. Have to chat up her doc next month...

Yes thyroid treatment and also oral contraceptives (if applicable) are common causes of high SHBG in females.

Amberlin

Hi. I am a new member & as I've found very little openly shared information available for T therapy for women, I've come here. I noticed your post & wanted to share my experience as it seems to differ from others in that I am injecting vs applying cream. My starting dose was .05 to increase to 1mg at 2 weeks or "as needed". After the fist injection, I increased to 1 with no negative side effects. Typical beginning injections for women (per my doctor @ Defy Medical) are anywhere from the very low dose I started .05 up to 5mg I inject twice weekly @ 1mg each time.
Today marks my 3rd injection & the only side effects I've noticed are itchy/sore nipples which I'm told are a normal side effect which will thankfully subside after some time.
Prior to beginning injections, I tried a topical cream which was a poor choice for me. I have a very sensitive system & the delivery method of the cream was "dirty". Injections are known to be the cleanest & have the least amount of side effects as they contain the least amount of fillers. Think of it in terms of food. A burrito made at home is much "cleaner" than the Taco Bell burrito because who knows what their ingredients are.
I will tell you than anyone who recommends you start an injectable dose at your mentioned levels, should be avoided in a big way. I hope this helps a little.

mopes

Here are her most recent labs for reference @ 12mg test cyp weekly split into three doses... She's also currently taking metformin 500mg x2 daily, 3 grain naturethroid, 10mg DHEA morning and night.

IGF 1 and DHEA have come up dramatically since being the DHEA. She started at 5mg daily, then 5mg 2x daily, went as high as 20mg twice daily then recently back down to 10mg 2x daily. Realize these numbers may be considered too high by some but she is currently suffering no ill effects and number may drop a bit by next labs as a result of dropping dose back down.

SHBG is still high (was 90+) so she's gonna try bumping up the T a bit more (6mg 3x weekly) to see if she can get her free t number closer to 8/more symptom relief...

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 553
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 550
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 546
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors