Starting dose for female TRT?

Not much out there, all I'm finding is 10-25mg a week. Anyone have better guidelines for injectable dose for females undergoing doctor supervised TRT?

Already tried the DHEA route but not much effect on T levels or libido.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Pose the question to Nurse Alsion Wentworth, via this folder, and you will hopefully receive a solid answer.

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...s-HRT-and-More
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Thank you Coast

10 mg - 25 mg per week is a lot for a female unless they are using for bodybuilding.
    stick in the 1-5 mg per week range for replacement dosing.

Mopes, not sure if my calculations are right or if they transfer to injections. With that said, my wife is on compounded cream 30mg/4 clicks. She takes 3 clicks /day. Absorption is said to be 10%. 3/4 of 30 is 22.5, 10% is 2.25. Multiply by 7 is 15.75mg of test/wk.

Very helpful JMP. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    Pose the question to Nurse Alsion Wentworth, via this folder, and you will hopefully receive a solid answer.

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...s-HRT-and-More
    Given she's made 1 post and one post only on 10 Oct 2017, I'd say that that's not going anywhere.

Sad but true. Would love to hear from her on this but not gonna hold my breath...

Just want to add that my wife started at 1 click and was advised by Dr. Saya to be able to go up a click after 2 weeks if no response, not exceeding 3 clicks. She recently had her first 3 month follow up and had been on three clicks for 2 months. Total test was around 190, free 8, which I thought was high. Dr Saya however thought that it was OK as long as there were no side effects, which there have been none. She continues on 3 clicks. No amazing results yet but some improvements. She is also now beginning with natures thyroid as well so still some things to work out.

My wife is on 4 clicks of 20mg/ml compounded cream. Blood test not due yet so we don't know how her adsorbtion rate is. But she says she is feeling better.
    hth

Good info, keep it coming

Quote Originally Posted by JMP View Post
    Just want to add that my wife started at 1 click and was advised by Dr. Saya to be able to go up a click after 2 weeks if no response, not exceeding 3 clicks. She recently had her first 3 month follow up and had been on three clicks for 2 months. Total test was around 190, free 8, which I thought was high. Dr Saya however thought that it was OK as long as there were no side effects, which there have been none. She continues on 3 clicks. No amazing results yet but some improvements. She is also now beginning with natures thyroid as well so still some things to work out.
    Based on the research I’ve done free t or 8 is a great target for females.

Got labs back at 12mg of t enanthate weekly split into three doses. Total t was 150 and free was 4.8. Shbg is high at 72 but not as high as it was before starting the t when it was 90. Probably the 3 grain of naturethroid she’s on. Might be good to spit her t doses into 6mg twice weekly and see what happens. Have to chat up her doc next month...
    Last edited by mopes; 03-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mopes View Post
    Based on the research I’ve done free t or 8 is a great target for females.

Got labs back at 12mg of t enanthate weekly split into three doses. Total t was 150 and free was 4.8. Shbg is high at 72 but not as high as it was before starting the t when it was 90. Probably the 3 grain of naturethroid she’s on. Might be good to spit her t doses into 6mg twice weekly and see what happens. Have to chat up her doc next month...
    Yes thyroid treatment and also oral contraceptives (if applicable) are common causes of high SHBG in females.
    Lead Physician & Medical Director
    www.defymedical.com

NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Here are her most recent labs for reference @ 12mg test cyp weekly split into three doses... She's also currently taking metformin 500mg x2 daily, 3 grain naturethroid, 10mg DHEA morning and night.

IGF 1 and DHEA have come up dramatically since being the DHEA. She started at 5mg daily, then 5mg 2x daily, went as high as 20mg twice daily then recently back down to 10mg 2x daily. Realize these numbers may be considered too high by some but she is currently suffering no ill effects and number may drop a bit by next labs as a result of dropping dose back down.

SHBG is still high (was 90+) so she's gonna try bumping up the T a bit more (6mg 3x weekly) to see if she can get her free t number closer to 8/more symptom relief...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thread Information