Intramuscular injections.

Buy Lab Tests Online

raw74

Hi guys,

Is my TRT injection wasted (or potency less) if a spray of blood follows the withdrawal of the needle after administration?

I inject slowly, the injection sites are rotated, I use a 23 gauge needle and I did aspirate the syringe prior to injecting the testosterone enanthate solution.

It only happens occasionally- most injections do not have any issues with a post injection blood spray.

This particular injection was into my glute, any ideas why the blood spray after injection?

Do I need to use a z-track injection technique?

Thanks in advance:D

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Most likely hit a blood vessel...it happens....and it can happen anywhere for that matter.

You didn't say how long the needle was but if was at least an inch I highly doubt there was any lose whatsoever.

Test is in a pretty heavy oil base and it really would take a lot of pressure for it to "spray" and if injected an inch it's pretty far in there any ways.

I do use the Z-Track method on my glutes for just that reason and I've never once had an issue.

raw74

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes the needle I use is 1 1/4 inch and I push all the way in.

I've attempted the Z-Track but I always get bad (painful) cramps in my back if I try and twist around and use two hands.

I always inject with the one hand and use a mirror to guide me.

Also sometimes (on rare occasion) when I withdrawal the needle some oil will seep out of the injection site.

robs2nd75

Most likely hit a blood vessel...it happens....and it can happen anywhere for that matter.

You didn't say how long the needle was but if was at least an inch I highly doubt there was any lose whatsoever.

Test is in a pretty heavy oil base and it really would take a lot of pressure for it to "spray" and if injected an inch it's pretty far in there any ways.

I do use the Z-Track method on my glutes for just that reason and I've never once had an issue.

I've had this happen as well...no blood visible when I aspirated. Why wouldn't blood be visible during aspiration?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I've had this happen as well...no blood visible when I aspirated. Why wouldn't blood be visible during aspiration?

Because the needle probably nicked a blood vessel on its journey in; you only see the blood after the needle has been withdrawn and blood fills the injection site.

Z-Tract eliminates all of this from happening. I do Z-Track in the glutes and never have an issue.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
IMO, I'd go 25g, or even 27g if you can get them. In beginning of my program, I had 23g, and also would get similar results. Got my hands on 25g and never looked back.

Gene, didn't you inject SubQ for quite sometime? Just curious if you had a negative experience? OP, sorry to hijack, but maybe SubQ could be relative to the discussion (?)

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
IMO, I'd go 25g, or even 27g if you can get them. In beginning of my program, I had 23g, and also would get similar results. Got my hands on 25g and never looked back.

Gene, didn't you inject SubQ for quite sometime? Just curious if you had a negative experience? OP, sorry to hijack, but maybe SubQ could be relative to the discussion (?)

I mix it up Chris, one week SQ and one week IM; I like the variability it creates in serum levels like a nice saw tooth pattern which is part and parcel of youth!

Truth be told, I have a lot of IM needles and syringes and need to use them up as well.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I mix it up Chris, one week SQ and one week IM; I like the variability it creates in serum levels like a nice saw tooth pattern which is part and parcel of youth!

Truth be told, I have a lot of IM needles and syringes and need to use them up as well.

Wow, we're living parallel lives. Very similar with me, a I have a ton of 25gx1" just sitting around. My E2 was a little lower than desired last round, so I went back to IM (off and on) a bit. I also inject Vitamin D and B12, so I'll go IM when stacking test and vitamins, and Sub Q when it's just test or HCG.

raw74

Thanks Chris and Gene,

So the 25G or 27G will be fine for TE injections? Do you warm in the hand prior to injection?

At the moment I use a 23G 1 1/4 for the intramuscular glute injections- haven't tried SC injections.

I have spoken to others and some suggest a lower gauge needle for dispersion into muscle benefits?

Also I assume it would be a much slower injection via a 25G or 27G.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Raw, when doing IM, I use strictly 25g x 1"; both glutes and quads. For me, 1" works perfectly for the glutes when hitting the upper/outer quadrant of it (across the hip bone, down just a little). Do it once and you will never go back to 23g's, I promise. Time wise, for me, it's about the same. I go pretty steady and slow anyways, not wanting to bruise or dump it too fast. No additional steps on my end with warming it. Just keeping it simple sometimes works. :)

Hi Raw,
I use a 25g x 5/8" and do quad shots. I have had the blood issue a few times but not a big deal and you will not loose what you inject. The more you do the shots the better feel you will have when you get some resistance on going in. That will let you know you hits something. when that happens I just dont go any deeper and inject.

raw74

Awesome- thanks SoCalSurfer.

I have injected in quads before but don't regularly- is there any issue with hitting a nerve and causing muscular damage?

EverettCD

I inject my Test Cyp in my quads most of the time, I have hit a nerve once. When you do hit a nerve just remove the needle & move over an inch & try again. It's really not a big deal at all.

paco

I did my third self-administered shot of testosterone cypionate today, in the outer quad about 4" above the knee, with a 25G, 1" needle.
I was surprised to see the quad muscle "jump" or twitch once as I put the needle in. Is that normal?

I don't consider myself that nervous about needles, but my hands were shaking quite a bit when I did the injection. And I've noticed that my leg feels a little tingly, (including in my calves) after the shots, which I hope is ok.

I'm thinking of injecting in the glute next time, and learning about the Z-Track method as well. Maybe that will be a little less intimidating.

Can someone remind me of the pros and cons of injections into the quad vs. into the glute?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Quad: Easier, more accessible. Cons: More veins, more nerves, requires more precision. 25-27 Gauge 1 inch OK

Glutes: More padding and tissue, fewer nerves and blood vessels. Cons: Location may be hard to reach for some guys. 23 gauge 1 inch OK

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I hope this figures help describe the best places to inject SQ Injection Spot.jpggluteus.jpgleginjection.jpg

VIDEO:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Quad: Easier, more accessible. Cons: More veins, more nerves, requires more precision. 25-27 Gauge 1 inch OK

Glutes: More padding and tissue, fewer nerves and blood vessels. Cons: Location may be hard to reach for some guys. 23 gauge 1 inch OK

In almost 5 years of injecting I'v only used the Glutes.

Virtually no pain, really no need to aspirate and easy...all the stuff Nelson said.

Excel Male

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using my glutes for 20 years but only switched lately to my thighs since my right hand is screwed up (this is the main reason my posts are so short). I am now using an insulin syringe with a 27 gauge needle and love it. I inject twice a week 0.5 ml of testosterone cypionate and 500 IU HCG in the same syringe since that is the only way I can remember to inject two products twice a week (I get busy!). I love the fact that it is a simple protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me