New to the Site and TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

cronosx99

Greetings,

I've been on TRT for close to 5 months. My GP offered the treatment when I told him that I could use a boost in the bedroom. I didn't suffer from ED but I noticed a decline over the years.

He is injecting me with 300mg of Test Cypionate every 2 weeks. It's working well in all aspects that can be expected.

He does not believe in any bloodwork beyond Total and Free Test every 3 months nor will he let me inject myself.

I ordered bloodwork and want to know which day I should go, in order to get the best results, that I can use to see where I am at? Would it be day 7 which is in the middle of my injection schedule or day 14 right before an injection or some other day?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

blackebob

As long as you've been on testosterone your level should be stable so you should accurately check it on the morning before you get your injection from your doctor like Vince said. Most people inject once a week or often more times than that in a week. Factoring in the half-life of testosterone and injecting once a week for 200 mg of soup Indian 8 after 6 weeks your level would actually be 400 in your bloodstream. You take your blood draw before your injection cuz you will be at the lowest of your trough versus the highest of your Peak when you getinjected with 300.

I hate trying to type on this phone in this little bitty box it probably looks like crap and doesn't make any

cronosx99

Injections every two weeks is not a well-regarded protocol for reasons clearly outlined here.

I agree and I think it might be leading to my current symptoms.

Everything has been going well since I started with this protocol in September. After my 300mg injection last Thursday I experienced night sweats starting on Saturday and continuing until last night. I also did not have morning erections until this morning. My erection strength has also gone down a bit but still functional and stronger than pre TRT.

My doctor does not want me to self inject and believes there should be no estradoil concerns at my current dosage. I have not broached the topic of weekly injections. I will call his office today about my concerns and try to schedule labwork. I don't know what his response will be.

I am scheduled for getting full bloodwork on my own the day of my next injection. Should I go have it done today instead?

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Injections every two weeks is not a well-regarded protocol for reasons clearly outlined here.

I agree and I think it might be leading to my current symptoms.

Everything has been going well since I started with this protocol in September. After my 300mg injection last Thursday I experienced night sweats starting on Saturday and continuing until last night. I also did not have morning erections until this morning. My erection strength has also gone down a bit but still functional and stronger than pre TRT.

My doctor does not want me to self inject and believes there should be no estradoil concerns at my current dosage. I have not broached the topic of weekly injections. I will call his office today about my concerns and try to schedule labwork. I don't know what his response will be.

I am scheduled for getting full bloodwork on my own the day of my next injection. Should I go have it done today instead?
Your doctor, simply put, doesn't understand how to direct your protocol. Not permitting you to inject on your own, 300mg of testosterone every two weeks, not testing properly at initiation of therapy or at follow-up...it is a bleak picture. You deserve better care. You should find another doctor.

As for testing, have it done at your trough - just before next injection. You will need to maintain a consistent testing regimen so as to make informed decisions.

CoastWatcher

Agreed, under these circumstances what is the best course of action?

The sad truth? There are very few doctors who know how to play this game. Very little time is devoted to male androgen issues in medical school/residency. It doesn't matter the specialty designation, emdocrinologist, urologist, internist, family-practice, only some of them will be able to help you (my doctor, here in Canada, is certified in family practice, as are Drs. Saya and Crisler, leading figures in this field).

Are you in a position you can seek treatment outside your insurance network? If that is possible, we can refer you to national practitioners (who may not be as expensive as you fear).

We we have to become our own advocates. Read all you can her on the Forum, particularly the "sticky posts." Ask questions.

cronosx99

The sad truth? There are very few doctors who know how to play this game. Very little time is devoted to male androgen issues in medical school/residency. It doesn't matter the specialty designation, emdocrinologist, urologist, internist, family-practice, only some of them will be able to help you (my doctor, here in Canada, is certified in family practice, as are Drs. Saya and Crisler, leading figures in this field).

Are you in a position you can seek treatment outside your insurance network? If that is possible, we can refer you to national practitioners (who may not be as expensive as you fear).

We we have to become our own advocates. Read all you can her on the Forum, particularly the "sticky posts." Ask questions.

I understand completely. Please refer me.

Thank you

CoastWatcher

There are two national practices that sponsor this site, Defy Medical and Prime Body. Contact both of them and ask the hard questions - how much, how does it work - anything you can think of. Hard questions won't be dodged. They have different models, one may appeal to you more than the other. We have members here who are satisfied patients of both practices (I am a Canadian and have no vested interest in either). Dr. Justin Saya the medical director of Defy is a moderator here. Plug his name into the search box and read his postings. As for local care in your area - where do you live?

cronosx99

Then you should also consider contacting Dr. Michael Rotman, a first-rate urologist, practicing in NY. He is an active member here, running this thread and helping many members. That thread and his practice info is below.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?9502-Ask-The-Urologist-Anything-(Dr-Michael-Rotman)

http://www.michaelrotmanurology.com/

Considering he accepts my health insurance plan it is a no brainer!

I will setup an appointment. Thanks!!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching