Low estrogen/high shbg

Buy Lab Tests Online

ndnliftr

Hello guy's. I am 48yrs old and very active. I have just recieved blood results from my Dr. My Estrogen was really low @ 6, and my SHBG was off the chart at 85. My total "T" was at 420 which i feel is to low. I was tested because of what I thought was low T symptoms. Does this make sence to anyone because my family physician doesnt seem to have a clue or care about the numbers. My current stats are: 48yrs old, been weight training for many years, 165lbs, 11%bf. Any info or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hello guy's. I am 48yrs old and very active. I have just recieved blood results from my Dr. My Estrogen was really low @ 6, and my SHBG was off the chart at 85. My total "T" was at 420 which i feel is to low. I was tested because of what I thought was low T symptoms. Does this make sence to anyone because my family physician doesnt seem to have a clue or care about the numbers. My current stats are: 48yrs old, been weight training for many years, 165lbs, 11%bf. Any info or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to Excelmale. Was your estradiol measured with the sensitive test, LC, MS/MS? It's the one that must be used to evaluate men. The reference ranges will tell us if you're not sure; in fact, it's a good idea to post T reference ranges so that the discussion is based on what your doctor will react to when you meet with him/her. You have a total testosterone level that is certainly on the low side; what was your free testosterone? Was LH and FSH measured?

Ots hardly surprising that your family doctor's indifferent. It's something that so many of us have had to overcome - incompetent doctors.

Systemlord

The majority of your testosterone is non-bioavailable T which will create very low levels of free T which can explain low E2. Therefore when a guy has above range SHBG levels his T status can be inflated do to SHBG scavenging sex hormones. Usually when this becomes to complicated for most doctors they will tell you you're within normal ranges to get you out of their office, sadly most endo's will do the same.

Most doctors have no clue with male hormones, it's not like it's covered in medical school, experience is gained by trial and error. You will likely go through many doctors before you find one knowledgeable enough.

You will need one large weekly dose of testosterone to affect that high SHBG.

ndnliftr

I pulled what found on the blood work for you guys. Thank you for all your help. Let me know what you think after seeing the information you asked for. Did not have FSA on the test.

Testosterone serum (albumin) 4.6 ref range 3.5-5.5g/dl
Testosterone - 429 (ref range 264-916ng/dl
LH - 4.0 1.7-8.6mIU/ml
SHBG - 82.3 16.5-55.9 nmol/L
Estradiol - 5.6 ref range 7.6-42.6pg/ml

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones