I need a blood test for Cortisol; need help

Reason I need a test is because I'm having so much trouble sleeping thru the night. I always wake up 4 am or so and multiple times a night. Should I just get a standard cortisol blood test from my doctor?

I know at times Doctors dont know exactly what to order, just give the standard test. To save time, I would like to be proactive and see what kind of test I should take, and when should I take the blood test (AM, PM)?

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

https://www.discountedlabs.com/corti...pm-blood-level

https://www.discountedlabs.com/4-tube-cortisol-salivary

The first link will take you to the Discounted Labs AM/PM cortisol test. The second link will take you to the far more accurate four-tube saliva test.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Recommend this over going to Dr labs ?

I wasn't clear that you were working with your doctor. If you are, by all means, work with him/her. These links will, however, explain something about the tests.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Cortisol is measured with a 4 sample saliva test, not a serum test, second link from CoastWatcher above. A serum test would be all wrong.

Thread Information