DHEA libido

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Does DHEA increase libido?

First and foremost dhea does not increase testosterone levels in men as you already know. If anything it can increase e2.

In women dhea has been shown in studies to be more effective at increasing testosterone which would have a positive impact on their libido.

JayLay777

Madman-thanks for the reply. Do you know if taking dhea 3 days a week instead of taking it everyday would still be effective at increasing levels long term?

Vince

Super Moderator
I haven't noticed any difference in the way I feel when supplementing with DHEA, only that it keeps me awake at night if I take before bed. I take DHEA in the morning and supplement to keep my levels in a good range.

Been googling if DHEA can boost women´s libido just to arrive to the conclusion that there are very few studies that conclude that. Beside some studies some swear by it and some claims that it had absolutely no effect on postmena. women. Anyone who could back it up that it really works?

Vince

Super Moderator
My girlfriend just started supplementing with 10 mg at night, her libido is still very strong. My fear was it would lower it, DHEA does help with her sleep though.

Women convert DHEA unike men, to Testosterone which usually accounts for the libido boost. in men DHEA is converted (debatable to how much) but easily aromatases to E.

Vince

Super Moderator
Women convert DHEA unike men, to Testosterone which usually accounts for the libido boost. in men DHEA is converted (debatable to how much) but easily aromatases to E.

Yep that's why I ask her to try it, she works out a lot and I thought the boost in testosterone may help her. The better sleep is another Plus.

Reg the dosage I read almost everywhere it should be 25-50mg to have an effect. But I´ll guess the best way to go is to check the level up by doing a blood test.

Vince

Super Moderator
Reg the dosage I read almost everywhere it should be 25-50mg to have an effect. But I´ll guess the best way to go is to check the level up by doing a blood test.

I believe you have to be careful with DHEA, it can affect everyone differently. For whatever reason some people it makes them sleep better for me it keeps me awake.

DragonBits

23 years ago in 1995 I took 50 mg dhea daily.

The only effect it seemed to have was to raise my serum level of DHEA to 6672 ng/ml (800-5600 ng/ml).

My TT was 376 ng/dl at that point, no idea of what E2 was, my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. I didn't feel any different.

So I lost interest in DHEA after that.

Your experience may differ.

Will Brink

The only effect it seemed to have was to raise my serum level of DHEA to 6672 ng/ml (800-5600 ng/ml).

My TT was 376 ng/dl at that point, no idea of what E2 was, my liver enzymes were slightly elevated. I didn't feel any different.

DHEA has many potential health benefits, and like most hormones, only proper testing dictates if you need it, and proper dosing. 23 years ago your DHEA levels may have been fine...DHEA levels should be tested as part of typical hormonal panels.

Vince

Super Moderator

I tried DHEA before trt and the only thing it did for me was lower my testosterone and raise my estradiol levels. It totally messed me up. Now that I'm on trt I do supplement with DHEA to keep my levels in a good range.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me