Pot & Semen Quality - A Study of 1,215 Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

A total of 1,215 young Danish men aged 18-28 years were recruited between 2008 and 2012 when they attended a compulsory medical examination to determine their fitness for military service.

sperm quality.jpg

• The participants delivered a semen sample, had a blood sample drawn, and underwent a physical examination.
  • They responded to questionnaires including information on marijuana and recreational drug use during the past 3 months (no use, use once per week or less, or use more than once per week).
  • A total of 45% had smoked marijuana within the last 3 months.
  • Regular marijuana smoking more than once per week was associated with a 28% lower sperm concentration and a 29% lower total sperm count after adjustment for confounders.
  • The combined use of marijuana more than once per week and other recreational drugs reduced the sperm concentration by 52% (95% CI: -68, -27) and total sperm count by 55%.

"Association Between Use of Marijuana and Male Reproductive Hormones and Semen Quality: A Study Among 1,215 Healthy Young Men," American Journal of Epidemiology, 2015 September 15

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
So they title this study;
"Association Between Use of Marijuana and Male Reproductive Hormones and Semen Quality: A Study Among 1,215 Healthy Young Men,"

but in the fine print they add The combined use of marijuana more than once per week and other recreational drugs

Without listing these other drugs how would they know which drug actually did what.

If this is an example of how the medical establishment performs tests it is a joke.
I'm a retired aerospace engineer and I know a bit about testing methods and you don't test this way.

So they title this study;
"Association Between Use of Marijuana and Male Reproductive Hormones and Semen Quality: A Study Among 1,215 Healthy Young Men,"

but in the fine print they add The combined use of marijuana more than once per week and other recreational drugs

Without listing these other drugs how would they know which drug actually did what.

If this is an example of how the medical establishment performs tests it is a joke.
I'm a retired aerospace engineer and I know a bit about testing methods and you don't test this way.

Nice FL. I'm sure most studies have this flaw as correlation does not equal causation and there are certainly going to be confounds with anything that looks at what a young guy puts in his body.

I wonder what in marijuana would do this. I am not having children any more (although I tell my wife we are trying LOL) but I wonder what the impact of CBD would have on the male system. I use it daily and it helps inflammation a lot. Supposedly no side effects, as there is not THC, but I am curious.

Saul

I always look at who funded the study. In this case, it appears to be Danish Government and The EU. After all the lies about cannabis from the U.S. government, I am suspect about government funded research, although I have no reason to suspect bias from the funding from this study.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me