Full Lab Results from LabCorp/Defy - Delayed?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jasinc81

I had a full set of labs done for my 3 month follow-up from Defy on 1/26, and I haven't gotten any results back yet. Does it usually take this long? When I had my initial labs done, I had the results in 4 days, but that wasn't a full panel (had previous labs from my other doctor). Just getting a little anxious and wanted to see what turn around others usually have with these labs.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

Mine too..I was able to verify my identity and found all my labs to include the ones I did through discountedlabs.com.

I find the portal I signed up for with Labcorp to be inconsistent with having labs available.

If I use life extension, labcorp does the testing but I don't see the labs on labcorp site.
If I used private MD, labcorp does the testing, it shows up on private MD site but never on the labcorp site.
I used an urologist, the labs did show up on labcorp.
I used a doctor at a clinic, the labs did show up on labcorp.

I recently used Defy, so probably it will show up at labcorp prototal. Defy is more like a regular doctor and past doctors that used labcorp had their results show up on labcorp site.

I tried for a short time to figure out why some labcorp testing results do show up on the labcorp site and why some do not, but you know how it is talking to either someone like labcorp or life extension. If you don't want to pay a bill or buy something, no one knows anything. (You can eventually get to someone who knows how things work, but it's a full time job to find that person.)

M

MarkM

The service provider has to be signed up with LabCorp for LabCorp to post to your individual account in the "Patient Portal". Discounted Labs is signed up with LabCorp to offer this to us. Life Extension is not. If you want to view lab work done though Life Extension you have to obtain them off the Life Extension website. It's would be nice to have a single place to go to to view lab results.

I just make sure I get a copy of all lab work for my personal files. I also created a spreadsheet that has all my labs on it going back to 1992.

I find the portal I signed up for with Labcorp to be inconsistent with having labs available.

If I use life extension, labcorp does the testing but I don't see the labs on labcorp site.
If I used private MD, labcorp does the testing, it shows up on private MD site but never on the labcorp site.
I used an urologist, the labs did show up on labcorp.
I used a doctor at a clinic, the labs did show up on labcorp.

I recently used Defy, so probably it will show up at labcorp prototal. Defy is more like a regular doctor and past doctors that used labcorp had their results show up on labcorp site.

I tried for a short time to figure out why some labcorp testing results do show up on the labcorp site and why some do not, but you know how it is talking to either someone like labcorp or life extension. If you don't want to pay a bill or buy something, no one knows anything. (You can eventually get to someone who knows how things work, but it's a full time job to find that person.)

Perhaps you are giving your doctors your full name including middle name?

The one thing life extension and privatemdlabs have in common are that they are "client bill", meaning prepaid.

If labs you've ordered from us also do not appear, then this may be the cause, assuming you're paying us cash for the labs.

Also, you can always call in and ask us to send you copies of any labs you've had done.

DragonBits

The service provider has to be signed up with LabCorp for LabCorp to post to your individual account in the "Patient Portal". Discounted Labs is signed up with LabCorp to offer this to us. Life Extension is not. If you want to view lab work done though Life Extension you have to obtain them off the Life Extension website. It's would be nice to have a single place to go to to view lab results.

I just make sure I get a copy of all lab work for my personal files. I also created a spreadsheet that has all my labs on it going back to 1992.

I think a single site to obtain all lab results it a hopeless wish. Quest and Labcorp would never agree, and some tests are done locally at the doctors office.

I also keep a spreadsheet of results and a PDF of the original document. Documents from the 1990s start to fade.

Sometimes a doctor will transcribe results from a lab onto their patient portal incorrectly or not completely, and not include the original lab report and not include any information on where the lab work was done. Of course, you can call up the doctors office and after a while find someone that knows where the lab was done or can point you to where you can get a copy of the report from the lab.

I think it's mostly a marketing branding issue.

Some like life extension want you to associate all your health concerns with their company, not really make it so obvious they are a middle man between labcorp and you. Some others don't care about that issue.

Another odd fact, labcorp will send your doctor the results a couple of days before they release the information to the patient. (Maybe this is an option that the doctor can choose?) I guess it gives the doctor time to explain, reassure, take action, etc. Also, some patients will get needlessly worried about a flag that shows results only marginally out of range. An example, ~40% of the time my p
otassium levels will be slightly above normal range. When I asked doctors, they say it's not enough out of range to matter.

Kirk001

labcorp will send your doctor the results a couple of days before they release the information to the patient. (Maybe this is an option that the doctor can choose?) I guess it gives the doctor time to explain, reassure...

This is just LabCorp policy I think, not optional, as it also works this way when you order through Discounted Labs. They get the results and can email them to you a few days before they will show up in the LabCorp patient portal.

And yeah I assume that is the reason. If the lab results are "Uh-oh, you're about to die soon" they want the patient to hear about it from the doc and not from the LabCorp website.

DragonBits

This is just LabCorp policy I think, not optional, as it also works this way when you order through Discounted Labs. They get the results and can email them to you a few days before they will show up in the LabCorp patient portal.

And yeah I assume that is the reason. If the lab results are "Uh-oh, you're about to die soon" they want the patient to hear about it from the doc and not from the LabCorp website.

Thanks, I wasn't sure as when I order through private labs MD it never shows up at labcorp, but it does show up on Private's website very quickly.

From Jesse-Defy answer, it seems like I should call Defy to make sure they email me results of a recent blood test I ordered. I am not sure what Defy does with results that are ordered by the patient without their doctors input. It seems from their website someone does "ok" the blood work invoice, but if it isn't needed for a consult I am not quite sure what happens with the results, though sooner or later it seems likely it does show up at labcorp.

Neglected to be said here that needs to be is that some of these tests take ~10 days to become available, in particular is the Estradiol LC/MS/MS

Irrespective of that getting them from the lab company is the best avenue. Ive gotten very spotty on this from my clinic. Sometimes I get a email from them before the Quest Diagnostics makes them avail to me (~10 days) and sometimes I never hear from my clinic about it at all, which isn't a complaint on my part. Going to the source is going to be better in every respect than the clinic/Dr.

Thanks, I wasn't sure as when I order through private labs MD it never shows up at labcorp, but it does show up on Private's website very quickly.

From Jesse-Defy answer, it seems like I should call Defy to make sure they email me results of a recent blood test I ordered. I am not sure what Defy does with results that are ordered by the patient without their doctors input. It seems from their website someone does "ok" the blood work invoice, but if it isn't needed for a consult I am not quite sure what happens with the results, though sooner or later it seems likely it does show up at labcorp.

You're welcome to call and ask for your results if you haven't received them yet, or to check the status of them. Patients order labs for their own knowledge, and we do try to get results to patients as fast as we can, but it never hurts to check in via email or phone if you're curious.

DragonBits

You're welcome to call and ask for your results if you haven't received them yet, or to check the status of them. Patients order labs for their own knowledge, and we do try to get results to patients as fast as we can, but it never hurts to check in via email or phone if you're curious.

Not a problem, I got the labs without calling and it was very quick, I expect as soon as Defy got them they forwarded them to me.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me