I take too many supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

The more we read about different supplements benefits the more the list can grow! After adding some mant supplements I think that we can get to a point of diminishing returns. So I decided to do some homework and cut my supplement list (non hormonal) to the following:

- COQ10 (both ubiquinol and ubiquinone)
- Fish Oil
- Magnesium
- Vitamin D
- Sodium bicarbonate + potassium bicarbonate
- Trans-resveratrol
- L-citrulline
- Probiotic

I also drink veggie + fruit juice daily (usually carrots + spinach/kale/brussel sprouts + orange + ginger) so I dropped my multivitamin.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
The more we read about different supplements benefits the more the list can grow! After adding some mant supplements I think that we can get to a point of diminishing returns. So I decided to do some homework and cut my supplement list (non hormonal) to the following:

- COQ10 (both ubiquinol and ubiquinone)
- Fish Oil
- Magnesium
- Vitamin D
- Sodium bicarbonate + potassium bicarbonate
- Trans-resveratrol
- L-citrulline
- Probiotic

I also drink veggie + fruit juice daily (usually carrots + spinach/kale/brussel sprouts + orange + ginger) so I dropped my multivitamin.
I find it very easy to get carried away with the amount of supplements I take, once a year I should review them.

HealthMan

I find it very easy to get carried away with the amount of supplements I take, once a year I should review them.

Same here Vince. I start reading about studies on different supplements and get easily carries away. Now I am trying to focus on the ones i think will really make a difference and that I could see a difference either in how i feel or in the lab results.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I deleted the ones I think you can let go of:)

Vitamin B12 5000 mcg

Sam-e 400 mg
NAC 1200 mcg
Probiotic
Niacin (Endur-Acin) 1500 mg

N.O. stack- L-Citrulline 1tsp L-Norvaline 1/2tsp Beta Alanine-1/2tsp
Magnesium Malate 425 mg x 2
Vitamin C 1000 mg x 2
EPA + DHA 2400 mg x 2
Zinc 15 mg + Copper 1 mg x 2
DHEA 25 mg
CoQ10 800 mg
Vitamin D3 6000 IU
B-Complex
Vitamin K-Complex

Vince

Super Moderator
I deleted the ones I think you can let go of:)

Vitamin B12 5000 mcg

Sam-e 400 mg
NAC 1200 mcg
Probiotic
Niacin (Endur-Acin) 1500 mg

N.O. stack- L-Citrulline 1tsp L-Norvaline 1/2tsp Beta Alanine-1/2tsp
Magnesium Malate 425 mg x 2
Vitamin C 1000 mg x 2
EPA + DHA 2400 mg x 2
Zinc 15 mg + Copper 1 mg x 2
DHEA 25 mg
CoQ10 800 mg
Vitamin D3 6000 IU
B-Complex
Vitamin K-Complex
Nelson thanks for the reply, I'm always making changes to my supplements. I read a study and I'll try a new supplement. I do believe I overdo it though, just trying to improve my health.

Hammer

Sounds time consuming and expensive but if you feel better then it is worth it! It is interesting that you take vitamin K which is a blood coagulant and EPA & DHA which thins the blood. Were your supplements recommended by a health professional or as a result of personal research?

Vince

Super Moderator
Sounds time consuming and expensive but if you feel better then it is worth it! It is interesting that you take vitamin K which is a blood coagulant and EPA & DHA which thins the blood. Were your supplements recommended by a health professional or as a result of personal research?

The doctors I see know a lot about supplements and also check my levels. Many of the doctors recommend certain supplements that I take, I do like to take certain things to see if it makes a difference in how I feel. The main reason I supplement with vitamin K is the value has in slowing the growth of artery plaque and working along with my other fat soluble vitamins like vitamin D.

Hammer

Thanks for the education. I never read that about vitamin K. I'll definitely read up on the matter. My personal concern is that taking testosterone increases my hematocrit to where I donate blood every 2 months. I don't know if the Vit-K would exacerbate my blood viscosity along with the TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the education. I never read that about vitamin K. I'll definitely read up on the matter. My personal concern is that taking testosterone increases my hematocrit to where I donate blood every 2 months. I don't know if the Vit-K would exacerbate my blood viscosity along with the TRT.

I've been taking vitamin K complex for many years now, and my CBC levels are all good. I just had them checked on Monday and I actually did a thread on it.
I haven't need to to donate blood blood for over a year now.

The doctors I see know a lot about supplements and also check my levels. Many of the doctors recommend certain supplements that I take, I do like to take certain things to see if it makes a difference in how I feel. The main reason I supplement with vitamin K is the value has in slowing the growth of artery plaque and working along with my other fat soluble vitamins like vitamin D.

Are your docs functional medicine docs? Although there are some good ones, I don't consider chiros and naturopaths true docs. The challenge I have is in finding MDs/DOs that know more than I do when it comes to supps, hormones, etc. That is a goal this year.

Vince

Super Moderator
Are your docs functional medicine docs? Although there are some good ones, I don't consider chiros and naturopaths true docs. The challenge I have is in finding MDs/DOs that know more than I do when it comes to supps, hormones, etc. That is a goal this year.

My primary doctor is internist and geriatrics, lipidologist helps me with my thyroid and lipids blood tests

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me