I take too many supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online

DannyP

I only take 300

I do get my levels checked and it is over the high range. I do it to stop the oxidation of LDL particles. I have a thread from a cardiologist on the subject.

I would be interested on the research. HDL is always low, would a higher dose help?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would be interested on the research. HDL is always low, would a higher dose help?

[h=3]Five key things to remember about CoQ10[/b]
  1. Take CoQ10 with a meal. CoQ10 is fat-soluble and is best absorbed when taken with food.
  2. All CoQ10 supplements are not created equal. Younger people may benefit more from ubiquinone while older people may benefit more from ubiquinol (the active form).
  3. Test CoQ10 levels. Measuring CoQ10 in the blood is the only way to determine if you need CoQ10 supplementation.
  4. Check “good cholesterol” levels. If CoQ10 levels are low, ApoA1 and/or HDL-C levels may be low as well. Likewise, if ApoA1 and/or HDL-C levels are low, CoQ10 levels may be low.
  5. Compliance is key. CoQ10 supplementation may improve compliance if you're on statin therapy and experience muscle pain and weakness.
http://www.clevelandheartlab.com/blog/horizons-coq10-what-are-the-heart-health-benefits/

HanOng

With such a comprehensive list of supplements, how about sharing your dosage schedules too? I am sure certain supplements complement / complete with each other for absorption etc.

Vince

Super Moderator
With such a comprehensive list of supplements, how about sharing your dosage schedules too? I am sure certain supplements complement / complete with each other for absorption etc.
Most of my supplements are taken after a meal, breakfast and dinner. I take Vitamin B12 5000 mcg, Sam-e 400 mg, NAC 1200 mcg and my Probiotic in the morning on an empty stomach. Niacin (Endur-Acin) 1500 mg, I take before bed. My N.O. stack I take twice a day on an empty stomach.

DragonBits

Vitamin B12 5000 mcg
Sam-e 400 mg
NAC 1200 mcg
Probiotic
Niacin (Endur-Acin) 1500 mg

N.O. stack- L-Citrulline 1tsp L-Norvaline 1/2tsp Beta Alanine-1/2tsp
Magnesium Malate 425 mg x 2
Vitamin C 1000 mg x 2
L-Lysine 1000 mg x 2
EPA + DHA 2400 mg x 2
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Zinc 15 mg + Copper 1 mg x 2
DHEA 25 mg
Iodine 325 mcg
CoQ10 800 mg
Boron 3 mg x 2
Vitamin D3 6000 IU
B-Complex
Methyl Folate 400 mcg x 2
Vitamin K-Complex
Astaxanthin 4 mg x 2
Aged Garlic 1000 mg
I take, or have taken, most of those supplements and many more. It's kind of like a hobby.

Often, I start on a supplement then loose interest. Like DHEA, which I used to take 23 years ago in 1995, outside of raising my blood serum level of DHEA to 6672 ng/ml (range 800-5600) it seemed to have no effect on my total testosterone levels at the time, which was 376 ng/dl. I don't remember what dose I was taking, maybe 50-100 mg daily? And at the time, my liver enzymes were elevated beyond normal, so I suspect the DHEA was casing that to happen. Maybe it's more important now that I am older, who knows? I think DHEA supplement positively affects some people and not others.

I often buy bulk supplement of amino acids from Amazon, I have taken L-Lysine, it did seem to give me vivid dreams, and Gaba amino acid dropped my blood reassure from 120 to 90 for 20 minutes, it was a little scary to see such an uncontrolled drop. There didn't seem to be any long-term affect / benefit. I don't take these on a regular basis, and I have bottles of L-Arginine I only intermittently take.

Way back when, like maybe 19905, I used to take Creatine, but I read it only had minimal and variable effect on muscle strength, muscle growth, and only if you really push your workouts. Now 2.5 grams of creatine is in the muscletech protein powder I mix in with my morning coffee, so I guess I get it that way.

Life Extension offers a CoQ10 blood test, I think it was about $50, I measured 1.39 ug/ml range (0.37-2.20). Taking CoQ10 is more important if you take a statin, I don't take statins, but I bought CoQ10 100 mg per tab and now I am just using it up. My blood test was when I wasn't taking the supplement, so maybe now I would measure higher.

I had been taking 10,000 IU of Vitamin D most days but not always, which raised my Vit D D,25 HYDROXY blood test from 26 > 46 (30-100 range), I switched to 50,000 IU once a week. I will settle in for a Vit D of 50-60 ng/ml.

You might consider viteyes, ARED2 formula, it would cover your Vit C, copper, zinc, Vit E and includes Lutin/ Zeaxanthin antioxidants. ARED2 has been tested by the NIH and proven to delay the progress of macular degeneration in those already diagnosed with the disease. I don't have macular degeneration, but my mother does, I take the ARED2 formulate on the theory that I might be prone to macular degeneration and what is included is likely to be beneficial for other body processes.

For Vit K, I take kconcentrateK, which includes Vit K2 (MK-4) 25mg, K1 5mg, Vit K2 (MK-7) 0.5 mg and astaxanthin 2 mg. Though you probably know, you can eat things like Japanese NATTO, which naturally raises your Vit K complex, but I can't stand fermented soy beans.

Probiotics, I take newrhythm probiotics 50 billion CFUs with 20 strains. It really seems to help my wife, but she has a sensitive stomach and is also lactose intolerant. As for me, I tend to be able to eat anything. Maybe the probiotic makes my stool a little softer. I am not sure I see any benefit, hard to tell, but when I took 5X the directions or 10 caps = 500 billion CFUs, I did get a near diarrhea experience, so it does do something.

Did you know, if you dilute 20 mule Team Borax, it is actually boron you can take? You really have to dilute it a lot, like 3- 5 grams per liter of water, then only take 1-2 teaspoons of the concentrate. Though Boron in pill form is a cheap supplement.

For magnesium, I take Magtein, which is magnesium l-threonate, and I take 500 mg of triple magnesium complex. Magein is kind of expensive. I find I get muscle cramps if I don't take magnesium. Though I have read that taking Boron makes magnesium more bioavailable.

I tend to look for actual results from any supplement, though I realize some results only show up in the very long term.

Last edited:

DragonBits

Vince, here is a supplement not on your list that I was thinking of getting.

Glutathione, a powerful endogenous antioxidant, has been the subject of growing scientific interest over the last decade. Deficiency is increasingly recognized as a risk factor in coronary artery disease, asthma, neurodegenerative disorders, cognitive-behavioral problems, and various types of cancer.

It also is reputed to lighten your skin and help with wrinkles.

You can even get a glutathione blood test.

Vince

Super Moderator
It looks like we need three proteins to make glutathione....glutamine (glutamic acid), glycine, and cysteine. In a healthy diet we get enough of the first 2. It's the unadulterated cysteine that is the problem.

So NAC (N Acetyl CYSTEINE) or cold processed high immunogenic whey is the best of the bunch.

IF this is going to be important, we need links from high glutathione levels ( or high GSH/GSSG levels) and AT LEAST lower inflammatory markers associated with cardiovascular disease.

Last edited:

DragonBits

I take the following each day, or in the case of 50,000 IU of D3, once a week. Several of these have compound components, as in Astaxanthin is in one of the supplements.

1. AREDS 2, this has been studied by the NIH and Jama and proven to help with slowing macular degeneration. I don’t have this, but my mother does, I take it as a preventative measure.

Vitamin C - 500 mg
Vitamin E - 400 IU
Zinc - 25 mg - Lower Zinc!
Copper - 1.2 mg
Lutein - 10 mg
Zeaxanthin - 2 mg

1. VITEYES® MULTIVITAMIN AREDS 2 COMPANION

VITEYES® MULTIVITAMIN AREDS 2 COMPANION

Supplemental Facts

[TD="colspan: 5"]

[/TD]

Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, silica, magnesium stearate, and pharmaceutical glaze.

1. Boron (calcium borogluconate) 6 mg

1. Koncentrated K Vitamin K1 (Phylloquinone 5mg) Vitamins MK4 (Menaquinone 4, 25 mg) and MK7 (Menaquinone 7, 0.5 mg) Astaxanthin (2 mg)

1. Magtein magnesium l-threonate 2 tabs, 96 mg magnesium (recommend 3 tabs)
  2. Triple Magnesium Complex Magnesium 500 mg 125% (DV) (as Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Aspartate and Magnesium Citrate)
  3. Vitamin B-12 1000 MCG, 16,666% (%DV)
  4. CO Q-10 100 mg (I won’t reorder this when I have taken it all)

1. NewRhythm Probiotics 20 Strains 50 billion CFU
New Rhythm Probiotics

1. L.acidophilus
2. L.rhamnosus
3. L.crispatus
4. L.plantarum
5. L.paracasei
6. L.bulgaricus
7. L.reuteri
8. L.casei
9. L.salivarius
10. L.helveticus
11. L. gasseri
12. B.lactis
13. B. bifidum
14. B.longum
15. B.breve
16. B. adolescentis
17. B. infantis
18. Leuconostoc mesenteroides
19. Lactococcus lactis
20. Streptococcus thermophiles

1. Melatonin 3 mg, not every night
  2. Cacao powder 3-4 grams
  3. Whey Protein powder, 17-51 grams a day. ----- MuscleTech® Premium 100% Whey Protein Plus 100% pure whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey peptides. Plus, you get a highly effective Recovery Blend (from creatine, leucine, isoleucine, valine, and glutamine) in every serving.
  4. Vitamin D3 50,000 IU once a week.

I take the above every day (unless noted), but listed below I only take intermittently

Glycine 3-4 grams, L-Arginine Powder, GABA, L-Leucine, L-Lysine HCL, L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, Korean White Ginseng Root.

BUT if you talk about noticeable effect, not so much.

Magnesium helps me with muscle cramps, that is definite. Boron is supposed to increase testosterone levels, but I haven’t done a test since starting boron, so I don’t know. Vitamin B12raised my levels, D3 raised my levels, probiotics reduced constipation. Melatonin did does make me sleepy, but it only lasts an hour or so, not like it’s all night long. Really, I am not sure any supplements are having any sort of positive effects other than was I have noted.

DragonBits

Vince

What do you think about the aged garlic Bulksupplements sells as Black Garlic Extract Powder 500 grams for $43, do you think this is good product?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LN6163/?coliid=I29GV4ZC99UI9M&colid=2HKZQILSI68XI&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Thanks John

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince

What do you think about the aged garlic Bulksupplements sells as Black Garlic Extract Powder 500 grams for $43, do you think this is good product?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LN6163/?coliid=I29GV4ZC99UI9M&colid=2HKZQILSI68XI&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Thanks John
I never tried that supplement, but it does look pretty interesting. If you try it why don't you give us a review on our website.

Ybarra

While a considerable measure of supplements are generally safe when you overdose a little in them, you can do harm in the event that you overdose in substantial amounts for some of them.

Vince

Super Moderator
While a considerable measure of supplements are generally safe when you overdose a little in them, you can do harm in the event that you overdose in substantial amounts for some of them.
Chronic toxicity occurs when over-supplementing with vitamin A. I been told when you have good levels of all your fat soluble vitamins it's safe but I still don't supplement with vit. A.

DragonBits

I never tried that supplement, but it does look pretty interesting. If you try it why don't you give us a review on our website.

I got the black garlic extract as a bulk supplement.

It has a strong flavor, not as strong as garlic powder, but not neutral at all. Not bad tasting, but a definite garlicky taste.

All the other bulk supplements I have are pretty neutral, a long time ago I had bulk ascorbic acid, that also had a strong taste.

I am thinking of putting it into capsules. 1/2 teaspoon is about 1.2 grams, which is what I take. I don't think it affects my breath.

I think that this is suppose to lower lipids like LDL, significantly attenuated hyperglycemia, decreased lipid peroxidation, and improved antioxidant systems. Since I am also starting TRT, I won't be able to tell what affects are attributable to black garlic and what is attributable to hormonal changes.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me