Melatonin is also a big immune system booster.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
"The safety data on melatonin is astounding. So far no one has been able to find a toxic dose! Many of the leading researchers on melatonin in the world take more than 100 mg every day just to prevent cancer. I routinely start all my cancer patients on a minimum of 60 mg per day and use up to 200 mg per day. In addition, it can be taken throughout the day. So if you have cancer, talk to your doctor about adding melatonin to your treatment. It could save your life."

https://www.secondopinionnewsletter...an-melatonin-help-treat-bloodbased-tumors.htm

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
disagree with some of that advice

My fear of taking that high of dose would be falling asleep. I have read about the health benefits of melatonin that's the first time I heard about it in fighting cancer.

Guided_by_Voices

For men, I believe melatonin in high doses is one of many things that blocks the enzyme that creates DHT, so that is something to watch for symptoms of. Shift work is a known risk for cancer via the melatonin disruption, however I am less familiar with how well it works for advanced cancers.

Vince

Super Moderator
If I take more than 3 mg at bed time I have a hangover for most of the next day. I could not imagine taking 60mg.
I just recently started taking 3 mg of Now brand of Melatonin, I dissolve it in my mouth when I go to bed. It has improved my sleep and no morning hangover. FeelingLost I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't help your sleep.

I just recently started taking 3 mg of Now brand of Melatonin, I dissolve it in my mouth when I go to bed. It has improved my sleep and no morning hangover. FeelingLost I'm sorry to hear that it doesn't help your sleep.

Oh sorry Vince I must have miss wrote that. 1-3mg works very well for me. Fogs my mind so I stop thinking and makes my legs numb so it is very easy to fall asleep.
BUT if I take more than 3 mg these effects last for half of the next day.

Although not as strong I prefer PURE's brand 5-HTP tryptophan 50mg. Some nights I will take two with no hangover then next day.

ratbag

I was taking small doses of Melatonin like .25mg to .5mg nightly for approx 3 weeks and started suffering from very bad depression. Something I had never ever had before. I initially thought my E2 had crept up but I got that sorted and kept on with Melatonin and it hit me again the depression. So I googled it and in some case it's reported to be a problem. All this to say is I cut out melatonin 4 days ago and am felling much better. It's the only thing I added to my protocol in a number of years. So be aware that this can happen. It was stated that it messes with all your hormones... clearly some sort of imbalance occurred with me.

HealthMan

I went from 3mg to 0.5mg and it feels much better. There was a study (i think done by harvard) that showed that the ideal dosage for melatonin is around 0.3mg

Vince

Super Moderator
It sounds like for sleep most do better with very low doses of melatonin. I didn't know they sold melatonin in microgram doses.

HanOng

Hi Gene Devine

Thanks for highlighting this benefit!

Do you utilise it pre-workout as well? Do you follow the 5mg dose and any noticeable experience / results etc?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me