New member......First Injection of T

Buy Lab Tests Online

Towboattrash

Hello all, new to the forum, been browsing for a week or so. Want to thank everyone for all the great information I've found here and on YouTube. I have a great doctor who just started treating me for low t, I think it's going to go well. Started “losing a step” about 5 years ago and it's steadily gotten worse, past 2 years I can barely make it through the day..... fatigue, mood, depression, etc. it is truly bad. Home and job has suffered. Here's my information, any suggestions or questions please feel free to let me know, it's why I'm here....
weight:215-225
Height:5'11”
diet: sucks
exercise: none
kids:5....3 teens, 2 youngsters
marriage: recently divorced
labido:almost none
erections: almost none before Tadalafil, started at 20mg now 7mg Tadalafil daily
Medications: 7mg Tadalafil, 100ml testosterone every 2 weeks(first injection was today at doctors office), vitaman d supplement

Attachments

• E49D6F5C-9422-45C5-80A4-7D21073600D9.jpg
    E49D6F5C-9422-45C5-80A4-7D21073600D9.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 123
  • D22C9D09-1FFC-40A6-BE2A-CFF85A953639.jpg
    D22C9D09-1FFC-40A6-BE2A-CFF85A953639.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 0FDB1F51-8906-447C-86CB-7F967DAB7727.jpg
    0FDB1F51-8906-447C-86CB-7F967DAB7727.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 114
  • C21C95E9-1928-48CE-A2B5-2098736372A2.jpg
    C21C95E9-1928-48CE-A2B5-2098736372A2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale...now for the bad news: your doctor is clueless in terms of how to manage your hormonal issues. It was shown nearly twelve years ago that injections every two weeks fail; the gold-standard study that showed this to be the case is attached in the link provided below. All you're going to do is feel even worse by the time your next injection is due.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-Testosterone-Injections-Every-Two-Weeks-Fail

It's also not necessary for you to inject at your doctor's office. Self-injection is a snap to learn and takes but moments to administer.

Finally, your estradiol was measured with the incorrect test - the reference range is a dead giveaway. You want to keep an eye on your e2 with the sensitive (LC, MS/MS) test; it's the only one that is accurate for men.

Many, probably most, of us have had to face clueless physicians. It's the single, most frustrating aspect of this journey. However, TRT pays off for the vast majority of us when done right.

Hello new member here myself. I'm not going to bother reading the blood test cause I'm still learning all that stuff but being on a 100mg once every two weeks is a big red flag to me. Your going to have a high peak then your going to crash before you next shot. It'll be like that over and over. I also don't see HCG being mentioned. Personally I feel you should be on that. Most guys here take it.

I started at a bad place that only gave me a low test shot once a week and no HCG. All my numbers crashed after a few weeks and I felt like crap. After they raised my test level per week I felt slightly better but not much (my balls were still shut down due to no HCG being given). When I started at my new place and took my first shot of HCG I felt better by the end of the second day. Now weeks later my balls are back to their normal size and working again. If you stay on Test only your balls will shut down. Even If you don't want kids that's not a reason to shut them down. They release good hormones your body can use that you wont get if they are shut down. Read up on benefits of HCG.

Also you need to do some type of exercise and clean up your diet. If your having a hard time starting down that path hopefully you can get your protocol worked out then have the drive energy whatever you want to call it to start that exercise and diet the right way. Sounds like you have a lot going on and having some type of exercise will probably help you a lot. Me starting to exercise years ago was the best thing I could ever do for myself and others around me. Helps you deal with life's normal problems easier.

Good luck to you. Read all the sticky's you can find on here. Tons of great info here.

Saul

OP, you are to that age where diet and exercise matter. Regardless of T, IMO, improving diet and exercise is going to be necessary for you to feel better.

Towboattrash

hey coastwatcher, thanks for the reply. i dont believe he is "clueless" as he prefers to use implants(biote), hes working with me due to my insurance not covering the biote. think he is just starting slow and being careful. He's having me back in 2 months for tests. i should have mentioned that he is allowing me to self inject(said if i was uncomfortable or needed help to come in and they'd be happy to instruct me), i plan to split dose and take 2 a week. hes figuring out how best to move forward after considering my insurance also. i did notice the note from the lab saying to consider ultrasensitive lc-ms/ms, thanks for bringing that to my attention again. i will have to find and refresh myself on the symptoms of high or low estradol and bring it to his attention at our next appointment. i do plan to stick with the injections also as all the research i have done says its not only cheapest but also best delivery for testosterone. im very excited to see if ill be able to keep up with my kids again someday and feel better. i truly appreciate your advice and comments and look forward to hearing from you more. going to print the study and bring with me to my next appointment.

Towboattrash

hello wrenchhead, yeah, i thought about the hcg but thought id start and see how everything felt before bringing it up to my doctor. guess you noticed im good in the children category lol. as to my diet and exercise....its my next step. i have been off deck for 17 years and was in really good shape as the work was physically demanding. the first 5 years in the wheelhouse i still got out and worked a lot. but since, as i say, "losing a step", i havent done any kind of activity aside from whats been required both at work and home. i haven't looked at the diet or exercise discussions on here yet but plan to as soon as i get a chance to spend some time and take some notes. when i was younger, i always enjoyed any type of physical activity so once i get some energy back i plan to create some time for a gym somewhere.
wrenchhead thank you for your comments and advice. hope to grow and feel better along with you and the rest of the members here.

CoastWatcher

Pellets...like riding a roller-coaster. Be glad your coverage didn't include benefits for it. Pop in the pellets, watch your testosterone skyrocket, along (quite possibly) with your estradiol. Then wait for the descent - it can be quite a ride. Injections, and for those who respond to that particular mode of therapy, topical applications, are the far better way to engage in TRT. There's plenty of material here on the site, much of it commentary from our physician members, so you can certainly become your own, informed advocate. We all had to!

Towboattrash

saul, i agree whole heartily with you. im not proud and wont use my condition as an excuse for what i consider laziness, i could have done more and i know it. today is a different day, and what it took for me to look my doctor in the eyes and tell him my symptoms tells me im at the point where im ready to be who i need to be. i know its not popular today but im a man, and to tell another man i feel weak in so many different ways was not an easy thing for me. to ppost on this page....well, i will make this right, i will learn all i can and act accordingly. thank you saul

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me