Caught the flu - B strain

Buy Lab Tests Online
hasn't been that bad, lost quite a bit of my work week though but was never laid up sickly and immobile, lots of head pain, head and chest congestion, froggy throat, didn't run a temperature til 5 days in to it though so I wasn't taking it that seriously. Temp went to 99.3 and Cough got worse and paid my Nurse a visit. Having the nose swabbed for the flu test was NOT an enjoyable thing, came back positive.
Was scripted some Mucinex style syrup with Codeine Thursday, low grade fever 99.5 broke on Friday. Still some head pain and gurgly throat but I'm over it pretty much so it took 7 days. Probably will have some lingering symptoms for a few days.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
The flu really sucks, I haven't had it yet this season. Hang in there buddy and continue to get well.

Blackhawk

Never pleasant, but sounds like you didn't get the whammo life threatening version, or your otherwise strong healthy countenance is serving you well by keeping the nasties somewhat at bay.
Hope you bounce back pronto!

Thanks Guys, I don't get sick very often. I never get the flu shot either, always was forced to while on active duty but never since so this might be change my mind about it kind of moment.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been getting the flu shots for over 25 years every year. I don't know how good it is for a person to get the flu shot. But since I began getting the flu shot I never got a bad case of the flu.

Re-Ride

Thanks Guys, I don't get sick very often. I never get the flu shot either, always was forced to while on active duty but never since so this might be change my mind about it kind of moment.
only 10-17% effective in protection against infection from this years H3N2
Estimates from both studies "were not significantly different from zero so we can't rule out the possibility of no protection" Skowronski
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flu-vaccine-1.4515141

""55% effective against B strain"

Historical data strongly suggests that select prior vaccines have been 100% effective in ways most can't fathom.

I was wary of the codeine as I didn't want something Narcotic, I didn't want to feel "high" in any way (my assumption), but this didn't do that to me, I would have liked it if it had a slight sleepy quality to it but didn't get that either.

blackebob

I was wary of the codeine as I didn't want something Narcotic, I didn't want to feel "high" in any way (my assumption), but this didn't do that to me, I would have liked it if it had a slight sleepy quality to it but didn't get that either.

Last time I got it, I just took my cough syrup and went to la la land. There is a time for dope, and the right dope helps. So does comfort food, its all in moderation.

Sean Mosher

The company I work for pays for our flu shots so I decided to get a shot this year.
Got the flu anyways.
It's literally been a month now with symptoms.
Never missed work but it's been a long month nevertheless.
Probably not going to ever get the shot again!

ratbag

A friend of mine just turned 60 and was on a business trip in the USA... not sure where but he got real sick and came home and admitted himself to the hospital monday morning and by mon eve he was dead from peunomia. I went out and got the flu shot which I hadn't done in 10 years and at the same time the nurse suggested I get the peunomia shot at the same time. So I did. I read somewhere this is the worst flu epidemic since 1918. Don't want to kick the can just yet!

That prompted me to finally call my Nurse Wednesday, I really just wanted to ensure that what ever I had didn't progress to pneumonia, bronchitis, that my lungs were clear etc etc

Re-Ride

Ratbag, my condolence on the loss of your friend.

The single most important thing people who are not yet infected can do:

++ Don't touch you face after you've touched the environment until you can wash your hands ++ Wear exam gloves when shopping or on transit.

Hopefully laws will be amended in the U.S.similar to what asian countries have:

[ People who cough and sneeze must wear a mask. Any person caught sneezing or coughing on others may corrected by any citizen using a large stick. A plastic refuse bag my be thrown over their head. Spreaders of disease are subject to removal and detainment. ]

Here it is already legal to spray vector-persons and their germ cloud with Lysol. Don't hesitate to loudly reprimand parents who fail to be responsible for their kids in super markets and other public places.

JQ88

The only time I have gotten sick in the last five years has been when I crashed my e2 and my immune system suffered.

You probably don’t need .25mg eod on a daily protocol. That seems like a lot.

A lot of men on anastrozole for 12 months plus are coming back with osteoporosis.

Jay Campbell just cane out with a great book on TOT. Some groundbreaking stuff.

I got the flu, but my fever went all the way up to 103.8. Surprisingly, my only other symptoms were a really sore throat and a very mild cough. The doc tested me for strep throat, which came back negative, so it wasn't that. Miraculously, I came back to the gym 5 days after (the first day I had no fever) and didn't lose any strength. A true happy ending

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me