Are there any drawbacks to starting Minoxidil before I really need it?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Someguy

I'm 39. I've been on TRT for several years. I'm fairly sure my hair is starting to thin in the back and along the front of my hairline. I'm not 100% sure that I'm not being paranoid, just "pretty sure." I've heard it's important to start Minoxidil as soon as possible once hair loss starts.

Is there any drawback to me starting on Minoxidil now - aside from the cost? If I start it and stop it later will I be worse off than I would have been without it? Does a tolerance build or does it become less effective over time?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You can start using Minoxidil anytime. I know it works better if you catch your hair loss early, I did use it for a long time but developed a bad rash after a few years. I just lost my hair slowly, I'm 63 and my hair is thin but it doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother any of the women I date.

CoastWatcher

I'm pleased with the results I've had with Minoxidil. It works best, we are told (and it was the pattern I noticed), on the crown of the head. Hairline and sides did not respond as well. It reaches a point where you are in maintenance mode - it achieves all that it will achieve -and, of course, all you have accomplished is lost if/when you stop using it.

I'm 60 and have been using it for five years. It met my hopes.

Like Vince I developed a rash after 2 years of use.
It now triggers seborrheic dermatitis and I have to use prescription shampoo and ointment to get it to go away.
It really did not stop my hair from falling out. I have no proof other than many friends on it over the years but it seem to work best on men with black to dark brown hair. Light brown and blond men not so much.

Walgreens sells 5% for 20 bucks best price I have ever found.

HealthMan

I lost A LOT of hair trying minoxidil. They say it is normal in the beginning and it all gets back after a while. A while passed and no hair back. Now I use Stemoxidine and like it (no side effects)

HanOng

I have been using minoxidil (7% concentration formula) for over 3 years now and am not sure if it helps with hair loss honestly.

My hair continues its gradual thinning process so its either minoxidil slowing down the thinning or it doesn't work as the thinning continues.

Hoping its the former as I do not intend to stop using the product anytime soon!

captain

They say you get better results if you use ketoconazole shampoo 2% with Minoxidil. I have used it for years and I can't say if it works or not. All the compounded miracle grow cost way too much and some smell bad. If any of it worked it would be on the store shelf and no one would be bald. They all know that they can make a little money from you before you give up or go broke.

CoastWatcher

They say you get better results if you use ketoconazole shampoo 2% with Minoxidil. I have used it for years and I can't say if it works or not. All the compounded miracle grow cost way too much and some smell bad. If any of it worked it would be on the store shelf and no one would be bald. They all know that they can make a little money from you before you give up or go broke.

I added ketoconazole/2% about 18 months after I'd started minox. I was pleased with the results on minox alone, not sure the ketoconazole made a bit of difference...but it didn't hurt either.

Someguy

I lost A LOT of hair trying minoxidil. They say it is normal in the beginning and it all gets back after a while. A while passed and no hair back. Now I use Stemoxidine and like it (no side effects)

Minoxidil can actually cause you to lose hair??? Has anyone else experienced this?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me