TRT Does Not Improve Insulin Sensitiviy

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

So says the title of the article, although the text shows a small difference.

[They] evaluated data from the Testosterone Effects on Atherosclerosis in Aging Men trial on 134 men (mean age, 66.7 years; mean BMI, 28.1 kg/m[SUP]2[/SUP]) with low or low-normal testosterone (total testosterone, 100-400 ng/dL; free testosterone, < 50 pg/mL) without diabetes randomly assigned to placebo (n = 60) or testosterone (n = 74). Participants had a baseline and at least one post-randomization assessment of insulin sensitivity by an octreotide suppression test. Researchers sought to determine the effects of long-term (3 years) testosterone administration in insulin sensitivity.

At 36 months, mean on-treatment testosterone concentrations increased from 330 ng/dL at baseline to 477.1 ng/dL in the testosterone group, whereas they did not change significantly in the placebo group.

Steady-state plasma glucose increased during the 36 months in the placebo group (P = .03), whereas there were no significant differences observed in the testosterone group

The patients' testosterone levels only improved to 447 ng/dL, which may be the flaw in the study. I'm glad they weren't treating me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

So says the title of the article, although the text shows a small difference.

The patients' testosterone levels only improved to 447 ng/dL, which may be the flaw in the study. I'm glad they weren't treating me.
Look through so many studies in which testosterone is purportedly raised, and you'll see examples of hideous protocols and lacklustre results - all of which are then used to either confirm or reject testosterone's role in the question being examined.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching