New Guy Intro

Buy Lab Tests Online

Livfit

Hi folks, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and info transfer on this forum. I have been researching trt for several months now.

I'm at a decision point. I'm 32 years old (male), have 3 beautiful children with my wife, and a successful career. Life has been great to me. Although, after feeling symptoms of fatigue and reduced libido over the past 6 months, a blood test 2 months ago from my doc showed low rage total t (402 ng/dl, ref 250 to 1100 ng/dl), and low free t (39 pg/ml, ref 35 to 155 pg/ml). He thinks the low free t explains my symptoms. I got a second opinion from another Dr more experienced with low t, and another blood test showed the similar results, tt 399 ng/dl and ft 46 pg/ml. I have never used any prior testosterone or hormone in the past.

So I face a decision, do I start trt at age 32 or just deal with symptoms and remain active and healthy.

Just so you all know, I started a major health kick one year ago. I'm 5'11, and I sent from 210 lbs at 27% bf, down to a low of 160 lbs and 9% bf. I'm currently 168 lbs and 10% bf.

I do 3 days of intense cardio per week and 4 intense weight lifting sessions. I have 2 full rest days per week to avoid overtraining. My diet is on point with proper calories and macros.

Another symptom, I have a major problem with building muscle and strength. Probably from low t.

I have type 2 diabetics and some cardiovascular issues on my dads side of he family. In regards to me, my blood work, blood pressure, and all other health markers are spot on - mostly due to my health kick and exercise.

My wife and I are done with kids, and she supports me if I need to go the trt route. Ultimately, longevity and health are my main concern. Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

Hi folks, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and info transfer on this forum. I have been researching trt for several months now.

I'm at a decision point. I'm 32 years old (male), have 3 beautiful children with my wife, and a successful career. Life has been great to me. Although, after feeling symptoms of fatigue and reduced libido over the past 6 months, a blood test 2 months ago from my doc showed low rage total t (402 ng/dl, ref 250 to 1100 ng/dl), and low free t (39 pg/ml, ref 35 to 155 pg/ml). He thinks the low free t explains my symptoms. I got a second opinion from another Dr more experienced with low t, and another blood test showed the similar results, tt 399 ng/dl and ft 46 pg/ml. I have never used any prior testosterone or hormone in the past.

So I face a decision, do I start trt at age 32 or just deal with symptoms and remain active and healthy.

Just so you all know, I started a major health kick one year ago. I'm 5'11, and I sent from 210 lbs at 27% bf, down to a low of 160 lbs and 9% bf. I'm currently 168 lbs and 10% bf.

I do 3 days of intense cardio per week and 4 intense weight lifting sessions. I have 2 full rest days per week to avoid overtraining. My diet is on point with proper calories and macros.

Another symptom, I have a major problem with building muscle and strength. Probably from low t.

I have type 2 diabetics and some cardiovascular issues on my dads side of he family. In regards to me, my blood work, blood pressure, and all other health markers are spot on - mostly due to my health kick and exercise.

My wife and I are done with kids, and she supports me if I need to go the trt route. Ultimately, longevity and health are my main concern. Any words of wisdom or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
You are asking the right questions. TRT is a lifelong treatment that can take a long time to dial in. Before anyone can make a suggestion, we need to see ALL of your lab work with ranges.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Exclemale. It would help us focus the conversation if you share your lab results - not simply your total and free testosterone values, but your LH and FSH, SHBG, estradiol sensitive (LC, MS/MS), thyroid (hopefully more thyroid testing was done beyond the TSH), prolactin, DHT, DHEA, CBC, and CMP. Including ranges is important as labs establish their own range and you and your doctor will be making decisions based on the ranges thus established. For the lab results you shared, were they morning blood draws?

How is your sleep? Is there any chance you might have sleep apnea - an enormous number of men have undiagnosed apnea (which can hammer your hormones). A history of steroid or prolonged opiate use? Both can impact testosterone levels. Any injury to your testicles? Sustain a blow to the head?

Livfit

Thanks. I do not have sleep apnea, I sleep 7 to 8 hours per night. I've never used any other steroid, nor any sort of prescription drug or painkiller. No testicular trauma or head injuries.

My only issues I've noticed are decreased libido and lowered any levels the past 6 months.

Sounds like I should potentially look into other options other than trt - which I have pushed this agenda into my docs, as I'm not happy about potentially being on trt this young.

I need to get an electronic copy of my labs then I'll post, thanks.

Vince

Super Moderator
Iivfit, your natural testosterone levels are the highest in the morning. Is that when your doctor's tested your levels early morning?

snip...

My only issues I've noticed are decreased libido and lowered any levels the past 6 months.

snip...

I need to get an electronic copy of my labs then I'll post, thanks.

Welcome to the forum and your 30's

Yes this group loves numbers and they can really offer you excellent advice when they see them.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me