Labs look good but libido is still shot; help!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Antisosa

First off: Taking 50mg of testosterone cypionate every 3.5 days. And taking 500IU of hcG e3.5d. 30 years old 5’3 142 lbs (10%BF)

All my numbers look good (I'm about 7 months into TRT). However I have not noticed my libido go up very much at all. There has been a couple of days here and there where I get horny but for the most part, it's not there like it should be. I can get erections and do wake up with morning wood. I'm looking to see if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts to why this is?

DHEA-S 780 -- Std Range 138-475 **was taking 50mg of DHEA supplement but just change to 25MG as it shot up too high.
T4 Free 1.11 -- Std Range .82-1.77
T3 Free 2.7 -- Std Range : 2.0-4.4
E2 26 -- Std Range 8.0-35
Test Total 1,126 ng/DL -- Std Range 264-916
Free test: 236 -- Std Range 52-280
SHBG 48.8 nmol/L -- Std Range 16.5 -55.9

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Sadly, your results are not uncommon. Many of us never get a strong libido on TRT.

That said, it may be that with your Total T as high as it is, your E2 is a bit low. There is a theory that the ratio of E2 to Total T should be between 14 and 20 using the math of T/E2, as this is more accurate/useful than going with fixed numbers. If you are using an AI, I would stop using it for 5-6 weeks and see how you feel.

No unfortunately never got that tested ...
Well it maybe something to check in the future I don't believe it is expensive.
Can you get your hands on any T cream or Gel? Applied to the scrotum raises the DHT lvl.

What does DHT do to your body?

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is a sex hormone created from testosterone in the body. It plays a major role in the development of characteristics that are typically associated with men (body hair, muscle growth, and a deep voice). DHT is critical to the development of the penis and prostate in men. -wiki

google "DHT libito" it's pretty important for getting in the mood.

Vince

Super Moderator
How was your libido before you started trt, was your libido strong before and when you started trt your libido got weaker.

madman

Super Moderator
Yeah I figured :(

Of course sleep is also critical to ones libido. I tend to notice that when I have deep restful sleep and dream a lot (REM) my libido is much stronger.

I also feel that daily fluctuations in testosterone still play a big role and when one reaches a steady state using injectable (even though there are minor peaks/trough when injecting more frequently) having higher test levels constantly is not productive to overall libido as oppose to transdermal which more closely mimic the natural diurnal circadian rhythm of a healthy young male.

As when one is using transdermal and applying early in the am levels rise throughout the day and slowly level off than taper in the evening unless one is applying morning/evening (twice daily) which some men do than my previous point is moot.

One will also notice that when ever they slightly increase their weekly test dose usually a short term libido boost is followed until levels balance out again or if you look at when one injects once weekly with a higher dose-earlier in the week there is usually a boost in libido when levels rise followed by a crash in libido later in the week when levels start to fall.

Every week one tends to experience this roller coaster type effect with their libido/mood/energy/overall well being due to the extreme variance in test levels when injecting once weekly.

Also what effect do steady state testosterone levels have on dopamine as neurotransmitters also effect ones libido.

Last edited:

Antisosa

Libido used to be good 5-6 years ago. Slowly came down and once I started TRT about 7 months ago. Libido went up slightly but still a major issue.

WB134

Sadly, your results are not uncommon. Many of us never get a strong libido on TRT.

That said, it may be that with your Total T as high as it is, your E2 is a bit low. There is a theory that the ratio of E2 to Total T should be between 14 and 20 using the math of T/E2, as this is more accurate/useful than going with fixed numbers. If you are using an AI, I would stop using it for 5-6 weeks and see how you feel.

So if my T was 879 and my E was 25 that would make my ratio 35.16? If a recommended ratio is between 14-20:1 does that mean I need to lower T or raise E?

Systemlord

You know I've been on TRT for 9 months and after 7.5 months my erections and libido really started taking shape and have heard others mention it took 12-15 months for libido and erections to turn on domes cases.

I've also read it in a study where individual cases take up to a year provided there on the correct dose for them. My erections and libido tend to go on vacation after a dosage change, highly annoying. I had a good 2 month run where erections and libido were great, then E2 got out of hand and messed it all up.

So if my T was 879 and my E was 25 that would make my ratio 35.16? If a recommended ratio is between 14-20:1 does that mean I need to lower T or raise E?

Your numbers T879/E25= 35.16

T879/E40= 21.97 Raise your E
T879/E45= 19.53

E40x20(target ratio)= TT800 Raise your E and lower your T
E25x14 ratio= TT 800

1000/45 = 22.22

Lots of ways to get to 14-20 ratio

WB134

Your numbers T879/E25= 35.16

T879/E40= 21.97 Raise your E
T879/E45= 19.53

E40x20(target ratio)= TT800 Raise your E and lower your T
E25x14 ratio= TT 800

1000/45 = 22.22

Lots of ways to get to 14-20 ratio

Ugh, T therapy is so confusing. I have read in other threads that an E above 35 is too high and causes issues.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me