Losartan - High hematocrit

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Thank you guys! My HCT never really went above 52 even after not donating for 4 months. Wondering if I stop donating levels would stabilize ~ 52. And if it is safe to stay at these levels.

Vince

Super Moderator
Overtime your HCT should stabilize but it's not the same for everyone. I believe HCT levels of 51 is max.

Tron

Hi:

I have seen this thread in the search and it seems interesting. That's why I reflow it.

I've found that there is not a consensus if Losartan lows hematocrit or not. There are some studies that say that Losartan inhibits erythropoyessis at renal level but I've read the opinion of users with 0 effect on Hct.

But in any case, Losartan is going to reduce BP and it could be good to avoid stroke risk. What would be a good dose fro that purpose??

Thanks.

Tron

There are a lot of conflicting reports about that, my understanding is it will not lower your HCT.

In this study form 2015 it is said that:

"In conclusion, the administration of angiotensin II receptor blocker therapy for 8 weeks significantly decreased Hb and EPO levels. The greater decrease in Hb levels was closely correlated with a greater reduction in albuminuria, regardless of the decrease of BP or the decline in renal function or EPO levels."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4476682/

Tron

Hello:

I see there is not too much interest in this topic. It is strange because I think high hematocrit is a common problem in TRT.

I've read that ARB (angiotensin II receptor blockers) can reduce hemoglobin because angiotensin II has an erythropoietic effect on kidneys and also it promotes oxygenation.

ARB's are used to decrease blood pressure because angiotensin II is a vasoconstrictor and when it is blocked the kidneys are going to work harder and they make more fluids excretion.

Then we have to effects that are in opposition. For one side, we have a real decrease in hemoglobin production that is good for us. But on the contrary, we are going to lose more fluids that can reduce plasma volume an increase the relative hematocrit in blood.

At the moment, I haven't found what could it be the net effect of these two mechanisms.

Hello:

I see there is not too much interest in this topic. It is strange because I think high hematocrit is a common problem in TRT.

I can't speak for others but for myself I have found nothing that will reduce my HCT except to cut my TRT dose.
One can only donate blood for so long before there is ferritin issues.
I believe there is an interst in the topic but most of us with high HCT have come to the conclusion there is only one fix for now.

Vince

Super Moderator
I can't speak for others but for myself I have found nothing that will reduce my HCT except to cut my TRT dose.
One can only donate blood for so long before there is ferritin issues.
I believe there is an interst in the topic but most of us with high HCT have come to the conclusion there is only one fix for now.

I'm sure as you know I was able to stabilize my HCT, I believe it was from long-term trt. I had to donate for 2 years and then finally HCT stabilized. I also went to daily injections, so it may have been a combination of both, long term trt and keeping my testosterone levels even by daily injections.

Tron

I'm sure as you know I was able to stabilize my HCT, I believe it was from long-term trt. I had to donate for 2 years and then finally HCT stabilized. I also went to daily injections, so it may have been a combination of both, long term trt and keeping my testosterone levels even by daily injections.

Yes thanks, I know that HCT stabilizes in a long term process. But sometimes we feel good at for example, 100 mg per week, and we would like to try 125 mg or more. I think the problem is to find a stabilization point and not only a physical one but a mental one too. We always want more...

I'm not sure but I've read that people with doses as low as 80 mg per week develop erythrocytosis and that's a real problem.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes thanks, I know that HCT stabilizes in a long term process. But sometimes we feel good at for example, 100 mg per week, and we would like to try 125 mg or more. I think the problem is to find a stabilization point and not only a physical one but a mental one too. We always want more...

I'm not sure but I've read that people with doses as low as 80 mg per week develop erythrocytosis and that's a real problem.

Vince's testosterone panel from 6/12/2018

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?15162-Vince-s-testosterone-panel-from-6-12-2018

Tron

Interesting information.

I see your TT level is high (1117 ng/dL) for only 16 x 7 = 112 mg per week. It seems HCG helps a lot. Do you have an idea of what it would be your TT without the HCG aid??

I ask it because I'm sure my endo won't never put me on HCG???

On the contrary, for such a high TT level your hematocrit is low. You're lucky.

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting information.

I see your TT level is high (1117 ng/dL) for only 16 x 7 = 112 mg per week. It seems HCG helps a lot. Do you have an idea of what it would be your TT without the HCG aid??

I ask it because I'm sure my endo won't never put me on HCG???

On the contrary, for such a high TT level your hematocrit is low. You're lucky.

When you do daily injections of testosterone, your levels are higher. You don't have the big Peaks and valleys of injecting less often. I have no idea how much HCG increases my T levels, I've been using 500 IU of HCG twice a week now for over three and a half years, since I started.

GreenMachineX

Hello:

I've read that ARB (angiotensin II receptor blockers) can reduce hemoglobin because angiotensin II has an erythropoietic effect on kidneys and also it promotes oxygenation.

ARB's are used to decrease blood pressure because angiotensin II is a vasoconstrictor and when it is blocked the kidneys are going to work harder and they make more fluids excretion.

Then we have to effects that are in opposition. For one side, we have a real decrease in hemoglobin production that is good for us. But on the contrary, we are going to lose more fluids that can reduce plasma volume an increase the relative hematocrit in blood.

At the moment, I haven't found what could it be the net effect of these two mechanisms.
I'll probably be testing this with telmisartan soon.

Tron

When you do daily injections of testosterone, your levels are higher. You don't have the big Peaks and valleys of injecting less often. I have no idea how much HCG increases my T levels, I've been using 500 IU of HCG twice a week now for over three and a half years, since I started.

Ok, thank you. Interesting info about of having higher testosterone levels when daily injections. It would be useful to know why.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me