First Blood Test 2018 T followup and Thyriod panel

Buy Lab Tests Online
It took me nearly 1 year to get any real benefits of TRT. By real I mean where I actually felt different, not just waking up with the morning tent. After 8 months I began to lose weight, regain muscle that had previously been in atrophy. Just wanted to chime in, show some support and hope that all is well for you. Strange how HCT is for us, and how we are effected differently. When I went to EOD injections my HCT actually lowered by a few points. Have you had IGF-1 checked?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
It took me nearly 1 year to get any real benefits of TRT. By real I mean where I actually felt different, not just waking up with the morning tent. After 8 months I began to lose weight, regain muscle that had previously been in atrophy. Just wanted to chime in, show some support and hope that all is well for you. Strange how HCT is for us, and how we are effected differently. When I went to EOD injections my HCT actually lowered by a few points. Have you had IGF-1 checked?
Hi cleverusername, thank you for looking at my blood test and commenting.
I am starting to feel and see positive differences at these values but it comes with a price. I have trouble shut my brain down to fall asleep and when I wake for my 4am pee I can't go back to sleep. I feel totally rested and wide awake. Just this Saturday my libido returned( been on TRT for 13months) but it is too much. After an hour of sex with the wife I am horny again in 3 hours. I think I already said it I have reduced my dose from .25 x3 to .18x3

This TRT journey can be so funny at times something is changing all the time, nothing stays the same or lasts it can be good or bad. One day it's acne and the next its morning wood. I just have to chuckle.

Hi cleverusername, thank you for looking at my blood test and commenting.
I am starting to feel and see positive differences at these values but it comes with a price. I have trouble shut my brain down to fall asleep and when I wake for my 4am pee I can't go back to sleep. I feel totally rested and wide awake. Just this Saturday my libido returned( been on TRT for 13months) but it is too much. After an hour of sex with the wife I am horny again in 3 hours. I think I already said it I have reduced my dose from .25 x3 to .18x3

This TRT journey can be so funny at times something is changing all the time, nothing stays the same or lasts it can be good or bad. One day it's acne and the next its morning wood. I just have to chuckle.

I have been this way for years now, waking at 3am and unable to return too sleep. For me TRT did not help in this area as I had hoped. It has been said that TRT can increase the chances for sleep anpena, due to my poor sleep for the last 3 years I finally did a sleep study. My insurance went el' cheepo on me, had me do a home sleep study. No results yet, have to return to the Dr to get them.

Libido has been a funny one to nail down for me as well. Like you it goes away, then returns with a vengeance!

I have been this way for years now, waking at 3am and unable to return too sleep. For me TRT did not help in this area as I had hoped. It has been said that TRT can increase the chances for sleep anpena, due to my poor sleep for the last 3 years I finally did a sleep study. My insurance went el' cheepo on me, had me do a home sleep study. No results yet, have to return to the Dr to get them.

Libido has been a funny one to nail down for me as well. Like you it goes away, then returns with a vengeance!

Should hear about my HCT and ferritin retest Monday or Tuesday. I have dropped my dose from .25 to .20 and feel much better.
Can sleep until 7-8am. Libido is about right every 3-4 days.
I may have a winner but like i said before all these side effects and effects from TRT good and bad never stick around.

I hope they are done changing my protocol. I have paids for 8 blood test(9 if I count the Thyroid panel @ $240) and 3 consults (2 doc, 1 nurse) in the last 9 months.
I am way over my budget. I have bruses on both arms from blood draws and blood donation thank God its winter I have to wear long sleeve shirts because I look like a junkie.

Should hear about my HCT and ferritin retest Monday or Tuesday. I have dropped my dose from .25 to .20 and feel much better.
Can sleep until 7-8am. Libido is about right every 3-4 days.
I may have a winner but like i said before all these side effects and effects from TRT good and bad never stick around.

I hope they are done changing my protocol. I have paids for 8 blood test(9 if I count the Thyroid panel @ $240) and 3 consults (2 doc, 1 nurse) in the last 9 months.
I am way over my budget. I have bruses on both arms from blood draws and blood donation thank God its winter I have to wear long sleeve shirts because I look like a junkie.

I saw that picture of your arm you posted. WOW! Its hard to know what people are really like on the other end of a computer link lol, but you seem like a really cool guy. I get the same feeling about Vince. Love reading your posts.

I saw that picture of your arm you posted. WOW! Its hard to know what people are really like on the other end of a computer link lol, but you seem like a really cool guy. I get the same feeling about Vince. Love reading your posts.

Thanks Lee that is very nice of you to say. I do enjoy talking, learning about TRT and try to help others even if it is just posting to their thread with encouragement.
That last pict of my blood donation was several months ago. Here is todays from Fridays blood draw for the retest HCT.
Doesn't that look like a junkie arm.

Last edited:
Retest of HCT after donating blood and the first ever ferritin blood test.

Any willing to make a comment on my thyroid numbers here the rest of my Thyroid panel

T4 free 1.27 range0.82-1.77
DHEA 112.7 range 48.9-344.1
TSH 1.49 0.450-4.5
PSA 1.1 range 0.0-4.0
Reverse T22.6 range 9.2-24.1
Estradiol 28.9 range 8.0-35
Thyriglobulin Antibody <1.0
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) 13 range 0-34
Triiodothyronine Free 3.1 2.0-4.4
SHBG 24.2 range 19.3-76.4

I have never looked at my thyroid before and have no clue what any of these numbers mean.
One thing I have learned here on EM is "in the middle of the ranges is not always optimum"

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks Lee that is very nice of you to say. I do enjoy talking, learning about TRT and try to help others even if it is just posting to their thread with encouragement.
That last pict of my blood donation was several months ago. Here is todays from Fridays blood draw for the retest HCT.
Doesn't that look like a junkie arm.

You've never seen a real junkie arm, a heroin addict means basically become a line of scar tissue.

You've never seen a real junkie arm, a heroin addict means basically become a line of scar tissue.
That is true Vince I never have. I'm just so embarrassed how my arm looks. I have to wear a ls shirt when I workout.

Any suggestions on supplement to up my ferritin? I already eat steak and spinash everyday.

Vince

Super Moderator
That is true Vince I never have. I'm just so embarrassed how my arm looks. I have to wear a ls shirt when I workout.

Any suggestions on supplement to up my ferritin? I already eat steak and spinash everyday.

I only tried supplementing with iron for a short time, for me it just increase my red blood cells. I think the best way is to just supplement with vitamin C which you're probably do already. I take 1000 mg twice a day, other members even supplement with more.

I only tried supplementing with iron for a short time, for me it just increase my red blood cells. I think the best way is to just supplement with vitamin C which you're probably do already. I take 1000 mg twice a day, other members even supplement with more.

I'm going to double up on my C. I'm currently taking 500mg of the good stuff.

My wife has some Iron 65mg/Ferrous Sulfate 325mg I will take one with one of my vit C pills.

I sure hope this does not mess up my first and only thyroid panel. One members suggested it might skew one of the readings..

ratbag

It's best to use liquid iron as it absorbs easier. But remember that supping any iron raises HCT too.. it's a nasty circle. So be careful not to donate blood until your ferritin is higher or you risk bad sides

It's best to use liquid iron as it absorbs easier. But remember that supping any iron raises HCT too.. it's a nasty circle. So be careful not to donate blood until your ferritin is higher or you risk bad sides

I live at 6000ft my HCT pre TRT was 49. I just donated blood because my latest blood test came back at 51.7 Defy says donate and retest HCT. I added ferritin to the retest.
So now my HCT is 45 and my ferritin is 15. Now it's time to fix the ferritin. The never ending TRT side effect fixes. One day it ends I've read.

EDIT: Just a side note I though about and would like others comments.

Before this latest blood test my HCT was 43 now 2 months later on a new protocol it comes back 51.7 and after donating blood its back to 45. WHAT!?!
In all other times I donated blood my HCT dropped 2 points. This time it drops 6.7 points!?!

I don't think so I believe LabCorp jacked the blood test forcing me to donate and now I am close to being anemic.

Last edited:
Tell us how you feel? at 6000ft you are at altitude so you should be feeling cold at some point regularly?
I feel fine. I have none of the side effects listed when I google low ferritin or anemia. My tolerance to cold weather is as good as ever. I've lived in Colorado since 1980. I mtn bike at 8000ft 3 days a week 9 months out of the year. Other than a 49 HCT altitude has no negative side effects.

My new T cyp protocol was a bit high. TT and FT trough came back on the high side. Because of that my libido came roaring back.
My poor wife didn't see that coming. Thank God she was a good sport about it. I just confessed my TRT got a bit out of control and it's going to take a week our two to come back down. I think it actually strengthened our relationship. So anyway I feel fine as if the ferritin 15 is a mistake.

modlinb

sorry to open the thread back up but i'm new. Anyway your blood work TT was in ng and your FT was in pg. dont you convert that over to ng to make the comparison? my FT was 107 pg and i was worried about that but from what i read people said it needed to be converted to ng to match the TT test. mine was TT 384 and FT 107 so i think that would be 10.7 and about the right range or am I all jacked up?

sorry to open the thread back up but i'm new. Anyway your blood work TT was in ng and your FT was in pg. dont you convert that over to ng to make the comparison? my FT was 107 pg and i was worried about that but from what i read people said it needed to be converted to ng to match the TT test. mine was TT 384 and FT 107 so i think that would be 10.7 and about the right range or am I all jacked up?

Sorry I missed this post modlinb the forum does not always update my whats new correctly. Anyway about your question I have never heard that. I don't believe anyone here converts there Free t to ng's I don't see any reason to. The guys here pretty much look at the bloods as the blood test reports with ranges.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me