Low Free Testosterone - Guidance Needed/Appreciated

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hot Wings

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and learning about hormones in general. Seeking advise with further blood tests. I will try to keep it somewhat short while giving an overall history of myself. I currently have no health insurance, which led me to research more on my own. May be a blessing in disguise after reading others' experiences trying to work with their general doctors. Anyways, I am a male, recently turned 30, and currently 6'1 237 pounds.

Brief history: Grew up fat as a child, minor gyno during puberty. Still hold small lumps behind my nipples but luckily its not noticeable after years of weight training and building my chest muscles. topped 260 as a sophomore in high school. Decided to do something about it starting senior year with weight training. Lost a lot of weight by 20. I was 180 at my lowest, decent base but kinda skinny fat. My best years were probably 22-27 where I fluctuated between 205 and 225 every year. Solid mass but never got below about 12% body Fat. Losing fat was always insanely hard for me. I would suffer from mild depression, especially during winter months. I also had feelings of lack of motivation/drive throughout my 20's. I attributed this to my lack of personal success up to that point. Dead end job/lack of experiences etc.. I decided to go back to school at 27 and studied I.T. and I am almost done and landed a good job 10 months ago.

Around 26/27 2014/2015 I visited my Dr. to discuss my overall shitty feeling and mild depression. Went over how I felt it's always seemed harder than normal for me to achieve my physical goals and stay motivated/concentrated. I didn't know much about hormones but I asked to have my Testosterone level checked. I believe it was right around 490. No free levels or anything else checked. She said it was normal. Ok. She prescribed me an anti depressant. Couldn't deal with how it made me feel. Tried another, didn't like it either. I tried both for a few weeks(not together) . Wasn't for me(yes I know it takes months to experience real changes).

Years 27-present, there has been a steady decline of my mood/alertness/cognitive ability(brain fog)/drive for the gym(im weaker/fatter than I have been in 10 years) and my sex drive is way down. I stopped getting morning wood a few years ago. It's rare. Maybe a couple times a month. I can get hard no problem for my GF, but my desire for sex is crazy low. The past 6 months in particular have been bad and led me to research more. It sucks especially since Im in a new career field, doing the best I have ever done with money/gf/life in general except on the inside and outside(my body). Brain fog has been killer lately, along with fatigue, even though I only lift a couple times a week now and play badminton twice a week.

Ok to the point now, Heres the lab results from lab corp taken last week (thanks discountedlabs.com)

bloodtest1.jpg

Low free stands out the most although I don't really think 477 is optimal for someone my age. After studying more on low free levels, naturally I think my next test should include SBHG.

I was hoping anyone could tell me what else to test for next time I get blood drawn to paint a better overall picture. E2? What liver test can I take to see if it is functioning properly? I know if my SBHG comes back high, It may point to a liver issue.

Also would appreciate general thoughts on my total/free levels at my age in general. Could it relate to my overall difficulty sustaining/building the body I want and my drive in life?

I know this was a long post but appreciate anyone who read it and welcome advise.

Thanks

Chris

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Hot Wings

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I should do the Pre- TRT MALE Hormone / Wellness Panel.

Any other tips for test taking? Do it around 8am right? Maybe skip breakfast or is there a reason to fast the night before as well? Test is kind of expensive, want to make sure I do it as accurately as possible.

Vince

Super Moderator
Do Labs on injection day before you inject, I usually do my labs on Monday just because it's easier to fast on that day.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I should do the Pre- TRT MALE Hormone / Wellness Panel.

Any other tips for test taking? Do it around 8am right? Maybe skip breakfast or is there a reason to fast the night before as well? Test is kind of expensive, want to make sure I do it as accurately as possible.

Fast atleast 8 hrs and do them first thing in the AM.

Hot Wings

Thanks guys. Correct, I am not on T. When I take my test I will do it around 7am and make sure to not eat after dinner the previous night. Thanks for the help. I’m hoping I don’t have high SBHG and a liver problem.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me