Quest Diagnostics closes deal to buy Cleveland HeartLab for $94 million

Quest Diagnostics announced on Friday, Dec. 1, that it has officially closed a deal to buy Cleveland HeartLab.Quest, a Fortune 500 medical testing company, announced the deal on Oct. 18. It announced how much it would pay for the company — $94 million in cash — the next day in its third-quarter report.As part of Quest, Cleveland HeartLab's local facility will serve as "a national center of excellence" focused on tests related to heart disease, according to a news release announcing the closing of the deal.
    http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...lab-94-million

I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Vince - Don't you test with Cleveland Heart Lab?
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    Vince - Don't you test with Cleveland Heart Lab?
    Yes I do, mainly for my lipid panel and inflammatory markers.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

I bet Quest got that 94m cash payment from all the labs I do with them, the EOB that come from my insurance carrier have outrageous amounts listed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    I bet Quest got that 94m cash payment from all the labs I do with them, the EOB that come from my insurance carrier have outrageous amounts listed on them.
    Cleveland Heart Clinic labs keeps your cost very low, what your insurance doesn't pay, they don't make you pay. My last bill for my labs were only $49, my part that I had to pay.

with my inurance used at Quest, no copay/no deductible, I pay nothing...thank goodness for Defy writing me scripts I just walk in there with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    with my inurance used at Quest, no copay/no deductible, I pay nothing...thank goodness for Defy writing me scripts I just walk in there with.
    I don't get that insurance.

Thread Information