Low-Calorie Sweeteners May Allow More Glucose to Enter Fat Cells

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Consumption of low-calorie sweeteners was associated with upregulation of gene expression for glucose transporters in experiments using human mesenchymal stromal cells and adipose tissue, according to new research. The effect was strongest in individuals with obesity. Using human subcutaneous fat tissue taken from individuals who consumed low-calorie sweeteners, Sabyasachi Sen, MD, of George Washington University, Washington, and his colleagues showed that these cells had at least a twofold overexpression of glucose transporters. Also overexpressed were sweet taste receptors and adipogenic genes.

Using human subcutaneous fat tissue taken from individuals who consumed low-calorie sweeteners, Sabyasachi Sen, MD, of George Washington University, Washington, and his colleagues showed that these cells had at least a twofold overexpression of glucose transporters. Also overexpressed were sweet taste receptors and adipogenic genes.

Further and larger studies are called for, especially in individuals with diabetes and obesity, Dr. Sen said. “However, from our study, we believe that low-calorie sweeteners promote additional fat formation by allowing more glucose to enter the cells, and promote inflammation, which may be more detrimental to obese individuals.”

"Low-calorie sweeteners may allow more glucose to enter fat cells,"
Clinical Endocrinology News, 17 April 2017, https://www.mdedge.com/clinicalendo...lorie-sweeteners-may-allow-more-glucose-enter

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

blackebob

hhhm, the only thing I drink other than water is sugar-free Cherry Kool-Aid which I like to mix with my bourbon at night I guess I'm going to have to give that up too

Vince

Super Moderator
Effects of stevia, aspartame, and sucrose on food intake, satiety, and postprandial glucose and insulin levels
Consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages may be one of the dietary causes of metabolic disorders, such as obesity. Therefore, substituting sugar with low-calorie sweeteners may be an efficacious weight management strategy.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2900484/

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching