Anyone lowered T and felt better?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TheDude

Curios if anyone has ever lowered their T dosage and felt better? I've read on here that 900+ Total T isn't necessarily ideal for everyone and that many feel great around 600 or so. If you have successfully lowered your T and felt better, please share.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nashtide

Curios if anyone has ever lowered their T dosage and felt better? I've read on here that 900+ Total T isn't necessarily ideal for everyone and that many feel great around 600 or so. If you have successfully lowered your T and felt better, please share.
Absolutely! I was originally prescribed 200mg/week. That put my TT and FT into supraphysiologic area. I cut my dose to 150mg and my T numbers were still above range. To make a long story short, I worked my way down to 100mg and both felt better and found it so much easier to control the E2.

CoastWatcher

It's not at all uncommon. Depending on other factors, how often you are injecting, where your SHBG sits, it can be a wise move. May I ask what your protocol looks like, how you feel, and what numbers you have posted?

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes many members lower their testosterone and feel better, I'm one who feels better with higher levels.

I originaly looked into TRT for depression/anxiety/panic attacks. My TT was 173 most if not all of my mental issues went into remission when my TT got up to 350 using T gel.
I don't really feel any different between 350 and 650.
I am currently on a new protocol that should push TT trough over 1000.
I just drew blood today after 8 weeks at 150mg/week. Since I don't know what my current TT is I can't say but I really feel no different than when I was @650.
I don't feel superhuman at the gym, my energy lvl is just OK. My libido has increased however I have sensivity issues so climaxing is iffy.

hth

Vince

Super Moderator
I originaly looked into TRT for depression/anxiety/panic attacks. My TT was 173 most if not all of my mental issues went into remission when my TT got up to 350 using T gel.
I just drew blood today after 8 weeks at 150mg/week. Since I don't know what my current TT is I can't say but I really feel no different than when I was @650.
I don't feel superhuman at the gym, my energy lvl is just OK. My libido has increased however I have sensivity issues so climaxing is iffy.

hth

When I went to daily injections, it took three months before I really felt a strong difference. Which was mainly big increase in energy. I think when we make adjustments to our protocol it does take time to feel the difference.

hth

Good example of sticking with something that is working for you. All of this is a tricky minefield to navigate, Estrogen management and seeing what is best for you is probably the most difficult part. I think that is the main driver in some guys going with lower dose and lower totals and so forth, it's a way to manage Estrogen and I think that that's where the likable part is.

Systemlord

I've spent the last 4 weeks coming down from the 850+ range (high E2, no AI) and have reduced my dose twice in the last 4 weeks, this last reduction is starting to see incredible gains in the way that I'm feeling, it's still to early as I only just reduced my dose 6 days ago so one could only imagine where I'll be in 4-6 weeks. My SHBG sits between 18-20 nmol/L, I believe low SHBG guys should aim for the midrange or just slightly over it, FT and E2 should be your guide, not TT.

TheDude

It's not at all uncommon. Depending on other factors, how often you are injecting, where your SHBG sits, it can be a wise move. May I ask what your protocol looks like, how you feel, and what numbers you have posted?

I first started at a Total T of 150. After 10 weeks on 100mg once a week, I didn't feel any better. I switched to Defy and found out SHBG was low and Total T was only 350 with E2 being in the high teens, so an EOD protocol of 40mg and 500IU HCG twice a week was started. After week 2 of this new protocol, I felt fantastic for about a week then went back to feeling just ok. After 10 weeks on this protocol, my Total T was up to 800 and my E2 was at 60, so I was put on an AI of 0.125mg twice a week. I've been on this protocol for 8 weeks and do not feel any difference. I thought lowering E2 would help, but maybe its the T that needs to be lowered. I'm going to attempt 30mg of Test Cyp EOD instead of 40mg and see how I feel in 6 weeks.

Systemlord

I first started at a Total T of 150. After 10 weeks on 100mg once a week, I didn't feel any better. I switched to Defy and found out SHBG was low and Total T was only 350 with E2 being in the high teens, so an EOD protocol of 40mg and 500IU HCG twice a week was started. After week 2 of this new protocol, I felt fantastic for about a week then went back to feeling just ok. After 10 weeks on this protocol, my Total T was up to 800 and my E2 was at 60, so I was put on an AI of 0.125mg twice a week. I've been on this protocol for 8 weeks and do not feel any difference. I thought lowering E2 would help, but maybe its the T that needs to be lowered. I'm going to attempt 30mg of Test Cyp EOD instead of 40mg and see how I feel in 6 weeks.

It sounds like a little much for you, 800 for a low SHBG guy seems overkill. How many low SHBG guys are walking around with T that high? I would really like to know. It sounds like you hit your sweet spot in that first 10 days, then you sailed past it.

I started out on a low once weekly dose (75mg) and felt my best except for last few days on the week, then I went right to 800+ range and felt terrible. I went to the 800 range because I read everyone saying that a guy needs to be in the 800 range to feel good, I got sucked into this and forgot what I learned, "everyone is different". So my sweet spot is somewhere between 532-800 ng/dL.

Last edited:

TheDude

It sounds like a little much for you, 800 for a low SHBG guy seems overkill. How many low SHBG guys are walking around with T that high? I would really like to know. It sounds like you hit your sweet spot in that first 10 days, then you sailed past it.

I started out on a low once weekly dose (75mg) and felt my best except for last few days on the week, then I went right to 800+ range and felt terrible. I went to the 800 range because I read everyone saying that a guy needs to be in the 800 range to feel good, I got sucked into this and forgot what I learned, "everyone is different". So my sweet spot is somewhere between 532-800 ng/dL.

I’m currently at 40mg EOD and puts me over 800 at trough. Thinking of going to 35mg EOD for 6 weeks. Think that is a good starting point?

ratbag

My MD also started me at 200mg/week and my levels were supraphysiological. But I kept at this for years and about a year ago I had read that many found less to be more. So I figured I wouldn't know unless I tried so I worked myself down to 60mg/week and that was too low. I adjusted upward until I felt good which was actually 72mg weekly and felt great. Now my TT=680 and Free T is very top of range and I feel just as good as on 200mg/week. Except now I take no AI and all my labs are in range. When a regular physician looks at my labs my TT and FT are in range without anything showing as HIGH. This is a bonus because it's not obvious I'm on TRT when you look at the numbers. In addition to 72mg T weekly I also take 2 x 500iu HCG.

Systemlord

I'm currently at 40mg EOD and puts me over 800 at trough. Thinking of going to 35mg EOD for 6 weeks. Think that is a good starting point?

When I learned of my T being in the 850 range and I knew I was to high, I originally settled on dropping my dose from 25mg EOD to 22.5mg EOD (90mg week) and I'm glad I didn't, because even after doubling up and settling for a 20mg reduction (20mg EOD) even that wasn't enough because I started feeling high E2 symptoms again after 3 weeks.

It took a 30mg reduction to start feeling good again, if you don't want to spend the next 4.5 months messing around go big or go home. I think guys get sucked into higher number are better, sometime less is more.

Last edited:
I have naturally high SHBG, so the last time my testosterone dosage was lowered, I felt worse and had no energy. Here is the sad fact of life in my case, I need higher testosterone levels to have higher free testosterone. With my testosterone in the 600s, my free testosterone was at the very bottom of the range, as in barely "in range".

madman

Super Moderator

Also remember that anytime one goes through a change in protocol especially when increasing testosterone dose or injection frequency which results in higher t levels one will always feel good in the beginning and than the body will adapt to those new levels.

madman

Super Moderator
My MD also started me at 200mg/week and my levels were supraphysiological. But I kept at this for years and about a year ago I had read that many found less to be more. So I figured I wouldn't know unless I tried so I worked myself down to 60mg/week and that was too low. I adjusted upward until I felt good which was actually 72mg weekly and felt great. Now my TT=680 and Free T is very top of range and I feel just as good as on 200mg/week. Except now I take no AI and all my labs are in range. When a regular physician looks at my labs my TT and FT are in range without anything showing as HIGH. This is a bonus because it's not obvious I'm on TRT when you look at the numbers. In addition to 72mg T weekly I also take 2 x 500iu HCG.

Too bad many people seem to believe the more is better mentality. Great post ratbag!

Matt Leiser

For sure. For a while I was on 200mg weekly which put my TT at 1750 and my E2 in the triple digits. I was bloated constantly and developed gyno. I lowered my dose and now am at 40mg EOD and on AI .25mg once a week and now I’m at ~900 TT in trough. E2 stays between 30and 40 and I’m OK with that level. I’m a low SHGB guy as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me