Are all these side effects typical from TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

TransitPoloce

I've been on TRT for 12 months and slowly but surely noticing more side effects over the last few months. I'm unsure if they are all from TRT or I am just more aware of them. Currently on 62.5mg Test E and 300mcg Hcg x 2 per week. (125mg Test E + 600mcg HCG total per week)

Now one or two of these side effects isn't too bad, but when I look at them in total I have to wonder if it's even worth staying on TRT as I'm sure more will come up in the next 50 years.

Here's a list:

- Acne on Body and face. Body acne is worse, as I'd never had any before. I used to think I wouldn't mind some acne but it definitely makes me more self conscious and anxious about taking off shirt in front of people. Facial acne isn't too bad, but much worse than normal. It's probably the worst it's been in my life at 32, so annoying when I thought I had grown out of it.

-Increased blushing / redness on face. Annoying, makes me self conscious.

- More oily skin, more blemishes and skin problems in general besides just acne

-Night sweats - I can't wear a shirt or socks to bed otherwise I wake up with the sheets covered in sweat

- Worse sleep since starting TRT. Unsure of the direct relationship, but I've been sleeping much lighter lately, waking up more frequently. I seem to be waking up with bad anxiety during the night which isn't normal for me

- Testical shrinkage. I use HCG so this isn't an issue currently, when I was just on Test it was an issue

- Less ejaculation

- Hair thinning - I'd noticed some very minor thinning, but before TRT I'd never thought about losing hair in my life, now I seem to be stressing about it every time I look into the mirror.

- Hair growth - hair popping up in random laces, thicker hair, back hair. More hair everywhere except my head.

- Can feel my heart beat a little more. Not sure if it's related, I just notice my heart beat a little louder when I lie down to sleep.

- More frequent urination. I'd always had a small bladder, but seems to be much more frequent since TRT.

- Increased anxiety - I've always had some level of anxiety but it seems to be at a much higher level since TRT.

- Numbness / tingling feeling in arms and legs. Eg I will get a numb leg after sitting on the toilet for too long, or sitting cross legged for 5 minutes.

- More frequent herpes outbreaks? (This I have never heard of, but I used to get a herpes outbreak once every few years, now they average one every 2 months since TRT. I'm unsure of the reason)

Good Side effects:

-Increased strength
- Much Easier to keep low bodyfat and gain muscle
- Increased Libido / more erections. This can be a good and a bad thing, it's so easy to get an erection it can be an annoyance

Most of these aren't really unexpected, it just seems I wan't prepared for the amount of symptoms before beginning TRT. Are all these side effects typical?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Sounds like you're having some pretty bad symptoms. Have you or can you post your labs. It would be nice to see what they look like.

CoastWatcher

My good friends, Vince and Vince Carter, are on the mark in asking for labs. I'd note that, generally speaking, some of the issues you raise are not uncommon and can be dealt with (to a greater or lesser extent).

TransitPoloce

Update: Looking back at this post now I must have been pretty stressed and anxious when I wrote it, been feeling much better about most of it lately. Biggest issues from TRT currently are body acne and skin issues.

I have attached some recent bloodwork. I inject Test / HCG twice a week. Labs were taken day before next injection

Didn't check Lipids as I had eaten not long before and lab suggested to come back fasted.

Tests Here: https://imgur.com/a/P2Ksv

ratbag

Your FT3 is too low
Looks like the wrong E2 test it should be the sensitive version for males only
Your SHBG is extremely low which really dictates frequent dosing

TransitPoloce

Ratbag thanks for the reply. Can you expand on the FT3, what is the optimal range? Is there anything I should look into further?

Sensitive E2 test isn't available in most of the world unfortunately. I currently dose twice per week. Couldn't see myself doing it any more often to be honest, it's too much of a hassle as I travel frequently and doubt I could keep it up long term.

timk

I too can hear my heart beat a little bit more since starting TRT. I also switched to Defy and they put me on Anaztrozle and for whatever reason I feel a lot better. My e2 was not that high and I am on a very low dose.

Charliebizz

I'm 5 months in and I'm having more anxiety and can here my heart beat louder also. My labs look great too I'm with one of the top docs in the feild

ratbag

Normally FT3 should be higher than what you have like 3.5 or above. Myself I feel depressed at the level you are at. I would say you are pretty low and probably need to supplement some T3. You could try adding in some T4 (synthroid) to see if you can convert it properly to T3 but if not it you'd have to add some T3 (cytomel)

Ratbag thanks for the reply. Can you expand on the FT3, what is the optimal range? Is there anything I should look into further?

Sensitive E2 test isn't available in most of the world unfortunately. I currently dose twice per week. Couldn't see myself doing it any more often to be honest, it's too much of a hassle as I travel frequently and doubt I could keep it up long term.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me