DHEA & Pregnenolone Dosage Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

John D.

So I had bloodwork done and my my progesterone and DHEA numbers are low. I am on 120mg of testosterone once per week and 0.25mg Arimidex twice per week.

My progesterone is 0,38ng/ml (0,63-2,15) and my DHEA is 2.9ng/ml (1.5-11).
My doctor told me to take 25mg of DHEA every morning and 50mg of pregnenolone split into 2 doses.
I looked around on several forums and saw that this is a standard dose for people who want to supplement with pregnenolone and DHEA-S. My question is, should I increase my dose since I am so low or keep it as it is?
Thanks a lot guys

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
So I had bloodwork done and my my progesterone and DHEA numbers are low. I am on 120mg of testosterone once per week and 0.25mg Arimidex twice per week.

My progesterone is 0,38ng/ml (0,63-2,15) and my DHEA is 2.9ng/ml (1.5-11).
My doctor told me to take 25mg of DHEA every morning and 50mg of pregnenolone split into 2 doses.
I looked around on several forums and saw that this is a standard dose for people who want to supplement with pregnenolone and DHEA-S. My question is, should I increase my dose since I am so low or keep it as it is?
Thanks a lot guys

That's not a reason to take either one of those prohormones, these two mess up more guys than they "fix". More importantly how are you doing and how are you feeling on your present protocol and do you have other labs to share?

John D.

That's not a reason to take either one of those prohormones, these two mess up more guys than they "fix". More importantly how are you doing and how are you feeling on your present protocol and do you have other labs to share?

I feel tired most of the time, sleepiness and I'm in a bad mood lately. I also have strong noctural erections but not in the morning if that plays a role in anything.
My TT is 900
E2 25-29
TSH 1.87
SHGB 24
Vit D 40

Vince

Super Moderator
I feel tired most of the time, sleepiness and I'm in a bad mood lately. I also have strong noctural erections but not in the morning if that plays a role in anything.
My TT is 900
E2 25-29
TSH 1.87
SHGB 24
Vit D 40

Your Labs look pretty good, you could try 25 mg of DHEA and see if you feel any better. Are you using the proper sensitive estradiol test for men, also are you able to get enough sleep?

John D.

Your Labs look pretty good, you could try 25 mg of DHEA and see if you feel any better. Are you using the proper sensitive estradiol test for men, also are you able to get enough sleep?

Hi Vince thanks for the reply. The sensitive test is not available in my country. So you suggest that I shouldn't take the pregnenolone at all?

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi Vince thanks for the reply. The sensitive test is not available in my country. So you suggest that I shouldn't take the pregnenolone at all?

I think it would be better just to try the DHEA and leave the pregnenolone alone for now. I'm wondering are you using an AI?

Vince

Super Moderator
I just read over your post sorry you are using an AI maybe you should cut your dose in half. See if that helps.

John D.

I think it would be better just to try the DHEA and leave the pregnenolone alone for now. I'm wondering are you using an AI?
Yes, I use 0.25 twice per week. I was taking 0,5mg twice a week when I was on 120mg of test cyprionate (split in 2 doses) but then I switched to 120mg of nebido once per week and that seemed to lower my E2 significantly.
Why do you suggest to not use the pregnenolone from the start?

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, I use 0.25 twice per week. I was taking 0,5mg twice a week when I was on 120mg of test cyprionate (split in 2 doses) but then I switched to 120mg of nebido once per week and that seemed to lower my E2 significantly.
Why do you suggest to not use the pregnenolone from the start?

You probably have read that the number one issue for men on trt is estradiol levels. I think we have more problems with low estradiol then High estradiol. With pregnenolone supplementing, I've tried it in the past and never felt anything when using it. I do supplement with DHEA but I also do not feel any effect from it. So I was just thinking if you tried one thing first and found out if you felt any results from it, you could add in pregnenolone later and see if you feel anything. When we add so many things in the mix we don't know what's helping or hurting us.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me