Off trt what to look for on blood test fsh LH total t

Buy Lab Tests Online

Don24

I Came off trt for medical reasons been on for 2 years I tried the taper approach from 150mg down to 50mg on my 7 day on 50mg my total test was 250 . Dr gave me clomid to try mwf 12.5mg but before I try the clomid I wanted to see if my body naturally restored everything and is working . It’s been 3 weeks sence my last shot I feel pretty good I ordered a blood test for free and total T and LH fsh what numbers should I see on the test to tell my body is working again so I don’t have to take clomid if I don’t have to .

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I would want to see my LH and FSH mid scale or higher. As to what your balls can produse who knows. Most of my low T symtoms went away when my lvls got up around 350. YMMV

Don24

Ok reason I got on trt was high prolactin. Got that to normal levels now so Endo wanted to see if that would fix my 285 testosterone levels pre trt . Have been on trt for 2 years now age 32 so. LH and fsh would have to be middle test range is what I am looking for ?

HealthMan

Makes no sense to tapper off your testosterone dosage. Even a small dosage will keep you shut down.
There is no reason why you wanna give your body a chance to restore naturally after 2 years on TRT unless you wanna got through some tough weeks. Have you used HCG while on TRT?
Use the clomid it will help you restart you HPTA. It will help your body resume production of LH and FSH. After sometime your doctor will stop the clomid and then you give your body a chance to keep things working naturally.

HealthMan

Ok reason I got on trt was high prolactin. Got that to normal levels now so Endo wanted to see if that would fix my 285 testosterone levels pre trt . Have been on trt for 2 years now age 32 so. LH and fsh would have to be middle test range is what I am looking for ?
Do you have labs pre TRT? Your goal after a restart would be to get your hormone levels back to close to pre TRT levels. FSH and LH do not need to be mid range. Again. It really depends on where you were pre TRT.
But yes. To gauge if your HPTA is restored you need to look at FSH and LH. Also check TT and FT levels and compare to pre TRT levels.
For example my pre TRT LH and FSH levels were low normal. So it is not reasonable to expect mid range levels after stopping TRT (unless if i am taking clomid). So this is why is important to have pre TRT labs to compare.

Don24

Ok thanks with the taper is what the Endo wanted me to do she told me the crash wouldn’t be as bad worked out ok wasn’t to bad . Only pre lab I had before trt was total test level was 285 with high prolactin . I fixed the prolactin problem she side high prolactin effects LH hormone and prolly why my testosterone was low

HealthMan

Ok thanks with the taper is what the Endo wanted me to do she told me the crash wouldn’t be as bad worked out ok wasn’t to bad . Only pre lab I had before trt was total test level was 285 with high prolactin . I fixed the prolactin problem she side high prolactin effects LH hormone and prolly why my testosterone was low
Understood. Your endo seems to be a bit lost. Start TRT only measuring testosterone and prolactin is a sign your endo is not that experienced in TRT. Have you used HCG while on TRT?
If I were you i would try the clomid restart and see if it works. If not try to find someone that knows how to properly handle TRT and restart protocols. If you decide to go that route people on this forum can help you find a good doctor depending where you live. Best of luck

Don24

Ok thanks. No hcg was taking 150mg of testosterone a week for the last two years then got down to 50mg and stoped , She told me with the clomid to take it. M w f 12.5 mg after going online and reading some of the side effects I got kinda worried about taking the clomid to be honest I feel pretty good and it’s been 3 weeks sence my last shot sex and libo is still working good . Only thing I am taking is camber once a week for the prolactin

HealthMan

Ok thanks. No hcg was taking 150mg of testosterone a week for the last two years then got down to 50mg and stoped , She told me with the clomid to take it. M w f 12.5 mg after going online and reading some of the side effects I got kinda worried about taking the clomid to be honest I feel pretty good and it’s been 3 weeks sence my last shot sex and libo is still working good . Only thing I am taking is camber once a week for the prolactin

You still should have a residual amount of testosterone in your body but close to none after 3 weeks. Your body will try to find its balance now. I would wait a few more weeks before getting blood work done. Hopefully you continue to feel good and your body gets back to produce testosterone. Not using HCG should make things harder.

Don24

Just a update 3 weeks off the testosterone shots did my labs LH is 3.8 range 1.7-8.7 fsh is 2.0 range 1.5 -12 testosterone is 233 . So looks like my testes are starting to work again... if I started clomid would this help my numbers

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching