Delays with Defy refill process

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I am not familiar in shipping lingo. How is one to assume overnight = next day = next business day? It would be less confusing if worded 'next business day' for the laymen as mysef.

There is no "shipping lingo". I mean, it is rather common to not include weekends for all things involving businesses such as bank transfers, insurance claims and responses from companies.

stevep

This is good to know....

Does this refill process take less time if you get the prescription from Defy for your Test. and have it filled locally?????

Since my local PCP will prescribe my Test I use him since it is covered 100% on my insurance. If he would prescribe my HCG and AI I'd do that too and not pay Defy out-of-pocket, but he won't. Hence me using Defy for these two items.

There are guys on here that get their testosterone from Defy, maybe they will speak to their experience on the timing of ordering it.

From my understanding, unless you live in Florida Defy can't provide your a RX across state lines to be filled out-of-state. Again, that is my understanding, but I could be wrong.

When you have your consultation with Defy, ask them what the policies are for ordering. They have nothing to hide and are very up front. Bottom line they want you to be successful. I'm glad I found this place which led me to Defy. It has improved my physical and overall well being a 100%.

The issue IMO is their recent change to this "shopping cart" style ordering system. The first issue is that you have to make sure to select the correct med or blood test...there is no front-end validation that you are selecting the right item unless you call prior and get the item numbers (which defeats the purpose of self-serving through the website). Then once the order is placed it seems to sit until someone looks at it on the backend and manually compares what you ordered against your chart to ensure accuracy, at which point the order is then placed with the pharmacy.

Prior, either logging into the patient portal and selecting "refill" next to a medication in my profile or a quick phone call to refill meds and I'd see a receipt that day and a shipping notification within 24-48 hours.

A quick fix is just to call and place your order with one of the staff members.

Hoping they will iron out the kinks with this process, but IMO, a generic shopping cart script running on a website is not a good replacement for an EMR/practice management system with a solid patient portal.

Constructive criticism is always welcome and valued. In fact, most of our medical training and residency experience is built on constructive criticism as an educational tool (although I know this isn't criticism of our medical care, but more the logistics).

Main point here is that the shopping cart is a new endeavor designed to (hopefully and ultimately) create more convenience for patients and offer an additional avenue for requesting necessary medical supplies, labs, etc. As with any new endeavor, there have been some bumps in the road and every bump presents an opportunity for improvement. We've continued to take patient input into consideration and, consequently, the cart option is an ever-evolving function.

As stated in the thread, the cart is an additional option but not intended to replace the most DIRECT reordering option, which is to call and speak directly to a staff member (in which case they will do a live cross-check of all of the details with the patient's chart and submit the order at the time of the call - which will then be signed by physician within 24hrs).

As also stated, unfortunately we have no control over the pharmacy lag time in dispensing the medications (once the order is sent to them) or the shipping times/carriers as those are arranged by the pharmacy. We are currently going to work on changing the shipping terms that the pharmacy uses, however, to lessen the chances of misinterpretations.

On our end, some of the lag that is being ironed out with the cart relates to the order coming through, then needing to be cross-checked by staff for accuracy, refill timing, etc...then needing to be submitted to physician for final review/signing, then being sent to pharmacy. Based on feedback and our own brainstorming there are several adjustments forthcoming to improve efficiency in some of these areas. Most RXs are submitted to the pharmacy (i.e. having gone through all of these steps) within 24-48hrs (rarely up to 72hrs) of being sent through the cart.

Again thanks to all for constructive feedback as we continually strive to improve our patients' experience.

ADDENDUM: Nelson understandably wants to keep the discussion on ExcelMale medically-oriented and has consequently locked the thread. Please direct any further customer service questions directly to the office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com