E2 and Testosterone Protect Against Bone Marrow Fat & Osteoporosis

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Higher bone marrow fat (BMF) is associated with osteoporosis and reduced hematopoiesis. Exogenous estradiol reduces BMF in older women, but effects of endogenous sex hormones are unknown.

• 244 men and 226 women, mean age 81.5 (SD 4.1) years, all residents of Iceland were enrolled in this study.
  • Vertebral BMF was measured with magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Estradiol, testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin were measured on archived serum.
  • Mean BMF was 54.1% (SD 8.6) (men) and 54.7% (SD 8.1) (women).
  • In adjusted models, per 1pg/ml increase in total estradiol, there was a statistically significant 0.26% decrease in BMF in men (95% CI: -0.41, -0.11) and a non-significant 0.20% decrease in women (95% CI: -0.55, 0.15), with no evidence of interaction by gender.
  • Per 10ng/dl increase in total testosterone, there was a significant 0.10% decrease in BMF in men (95% CI: -0.17, -0.03) and a non-significant 0.13% (95% CI: -0.79, 0.53) decrease in women, with no evidence of interaction by gender (p=0.97).

CONCLUSION:

Higher bone marrow fat is associated with lower total estradiol and testosterone levels in older men, with a similar but statistically non-significant association in older women. Sex hormone levels appear to play a role in the regulation of bone marrow fat in older adults.

"Sex hormones are negatively associated with vertebral bone marrow fat," Bone, 2017 December 11, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29241825/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Virginian

My doctor recommended TRT to treat osteoporosis that was not getting better using fosamax (age 75 now). It worked. I no longer have osteoporosis. However, there were side effects - larger muscles, more strength, less fat, and more thoughts about sex. But I can live with the side effects.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me