how long can you keep testosterone in a vial?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I ordered by mistake 20ml sterilzed vials instead of 2ml. I use ampoule testoviron enanthate 1ml. I would like to how many ampoules I can fill the 20ml vial with without risking safty.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
As long as you keep everything clean with alcohol pads. The testosterone should stay good for a long time, I would think for a full year!

Vince

Super Moderator
the may help.

This is a great question as there is a lot on confusion on how Beyond Use Dates (BUD) are established with compounded products. All compounders are required to use the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) standards when compounding preparations. USP states that for Oil-Based Products a BUD of 6 months or less shall be used if a stability study isn't available for that specific compound. For Water Based Products a BUD of 14 days or less shall be used if a stability study isn't available for that specific compound.

The reason manufacturers can assign 2-3 year Expiration Dates is because they have performed stability studies that take $100,000+ and years to perform. Obviously, compounders cannot afford to do these studies, so when assigning a beyond-use date, compounders consult and apply drug-specific and general stability documentation and literature, and consider the nature of the drug and its degradation mechanism, the container in which it is packaged, the expected storage conditions, and the intended duration of therapy to come to a conservative BUD.

There are many factors to consider in a compounded product including the preservative, base, concentration, excipient, source of active ingredient, vial, stopper, seal, sterilization method, etc. If any of these factors in a compounded product deviates greatly from a manufacturer's then we can't use the same stability results the manufacturer came up with. Since most compounds are made differently from manufactured products we assign very conservative BUDs.

Even though some compounders feel safe to assume stability information on certain compounds, like testosterone cypionate, and have years of data from patients receiving good results from the medication even after the 6 month BUD has past, technically we are still required to put a BUD of 6 months or less unless we have the proper stability study to reference and our product doesn't vary greatly from the manufacture's.

I've personally done 2 year long potency over time studies on our Testosterone Cypionate and it's shown a degradation of less than 7%, but this isn't considered a full blown stability study that the FDA considers valid. Other compounders put what they feel comfortable with at the risk of getting in trouble with the FDA, but that all depends on the compounder.

Hmm, I think I'm being lied to at the pharmacy. I was trying to get a 10ml vial of Test Cyp that would last me over 10 weeks. They told me that they won't sell it to me because once punctured, the vial is only good for 28 days. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I will try other pharmacy.

madman

Super Moderator
Hmm, I think I'm being lied to at the pharmacy. I was trying to get a 10ml vial of Test Cyp that would last me over 10 weeks. They told me that they won't sell it to me because once punctured, the vial is only good for 28 days. Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. I will try other pharmacy.

If anything contamination could be an issue with improper care of vial when drawing the oily solution but as long as one always wipes the neoprene stopper with an alcohol pad every time before puncturing/drawing the medication it should be ok.

As far as the testosterone losing potency after 28 days highly unlikely!

Thats what CVS Pharmacy told me when I gave them my 10ml vial prescrption, so they gave me ten 1Ml vials instead.

Its not the TES goes bad after 28 days, but the punctured vial isnt considered sterile after 28 days. Not saying thats the case, just relaying what they told me.

Keepgoing

Cvs just told me the same thing 3 days ago about the 28 days and 10ml vials. So instead they gave me 4 1ml vials and said to come back every month for 4 more. I called my doctor because I have better things to do than run up to CVS once a month.
He (his office) called up there about the issue and to get me my meds. They told him it’s against CVS policy to give out that volume of testosterone at a time. After arguing for the last 3 days with them I just received a call telling me my full prescription is ready. Will see.

MikeXL

What if you had a 10mL vial and you do daily subQ injections. The rubber top may be punctured 100 times by the time that you are done - albeit with a very thin needle. Is the repetitive puncturing an issue?

Keepgoing

Repetitive punctures with an 18 gauge does cause an issue in my experience around 15. Smaller gauge less so. CVS is driving me crazy. The once again gave me 4 1ml vials. Oh well at least I have my meds. Could be worse.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me