Long Term Ibuprofen Use Alter's Men's Hormones

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

This study is going to get a lot of attention. Be careful when using NSAIDS. not only because of hormonal issues, but because of the link to strokes.

Concern has been raised over declining male reproductive health in humans. Our study addresses this issue by extending data showing antiandrogen effects of analgesics and suggests that such compounds may be involved in adult male reproductive problems. Using a unique combination of a randomized, controlled clinical trial and ex vivo and in vitro approaches, we report a univocal depression of important aspects of testicular function, including testosterone production, after use of over-the-counter ibuprofen. The study shows that ibuprofen use results in selective transcriptional repression of endocrine cells in the human testis. This repression results in the elevation of the stimulatory pituitary hormones, resulting in a state of compensated hypogonadism, a disorder associated with adverse reproductive and physical health disorders.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JPB

Interesting, more side effects regarding poison NSAIDs. I quit them several years ago and it was not soon enough.

dnfuss

This study is going to get a lot of attention. Be careful when using NSAIDS. not only because of hormonal issues, but because of the link to strokes.

I looked at the study you referenced concerning ibuprofen and compensated hypogonadism. I noted with concern the further study cited in footnote 34 thereto (Aspirin inhibits androgen response to chorionic gonadotropin in humans.)

My current TRT protocol includes 500 IU HCG, administered SubQ q.3.5d., and among other things I also am currently on daily aspirin, 81 mg. It was not prescribed by my doctor, but I thought it might be cheap insurance given my age and some of my lipid levels.

It made me wonder if perhaps I should stop aspirin? Or should I not be concerned because the dose I'm on insignificant when compared with the dose used in the study (1,600 mg. daily)?

I would be very interested to hear the views of Dr. Saya on this question.

Scott Myslinski

Ibuprofen also increases blood pressure..... Read readers comments down at bottom of article. I had forgotten that and my BP has been high lately and have been taking Advil....

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/201...215134049&mc_cid=c507309396&mc_eid=97a4aded51

I think this was actually the source of my low T. I took the highest possible dose (~480mg) of Aleve 2x / day for 4 years. Many other GI-related effects as well. No one warned me and I should have done more research.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me