psa increase by 2.5 x in my 12 months on TRT...should I freak out ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

natsar77

Hi guys,

I am a 40 yr old fit male and have always had psa at 0.40 but today in my last bloods came back 1.30! last psa was done 9 months ago but have been having other bloods in the mean while to stay safe on my TRT journey. Im seeing my GP in a week but I am worried about this finding. Has anyone else experienced this and will it balance out or drop again ? all my other bloods are fine besides 0 LH and FSH 0 but thats to be expected when taking test. I tried HCG but it gave me terrible anxiety where I couldnt breathe for 3 days properly after only 250 iu so havnt tried that since lol....appreciate other experiences with this and input

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Ejaculation prior to the blood draw can raise your PSA. A slight rise is typical, or, at least, not unexpected, for patients on TRT. You may well have a repeat test ordered.

Ejaculation prior to the blood draw can raise your PSA. A slight rise is typical, or, at least, not unexpected, for patients on TRT. You may well have a repeat test ordered.

I agree and if you experience a sudden otherwise unexplained increase then it should be retested to verify, but avoid orgasm/sex 48hrs prior, do your labs fasted and drink lots of water.

CoastWatcher

I agree and if you experience a sudden otherwise unexplained increase then it should be retested to verify, but avoid orgasm/sex 48hrs prior, do your labs fasted and drink lots of water.
You should, by no means, think this is necessarily ominous news. Nor should your doctor jump to the conclusion that you need to suspend your protocol, and abandon TRT at this point. A bit more investigation is what is called for.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't believe his doctor is worried, but I believe he is. When I first started trt my PSA did rise. Now my PSA stays at the level it was when I first started trt 3 years ago.

natsar77

ok thankyou all, yes I do hit the gym hard ! and have been having daily sex so next time will obstain from both prior to the bloods..appreciate the input

FOX1

My PSA has always been around 1.1 - 1.3 before TRT, when I first started TRT it want up to 3.1, then dropped back down to 1.1 and remains 1.1

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
You had mentioned that HCG gives you anxiety? I don't know if I've ever heard that before from anyone else, but I'm curious to know more of what could have caused that??

OMI100

If you have a Urologist go see him for the obligatory DRE (better known as the finger wave), or have your GP refer you to one.
prostatitis can raise PSA. Some can get it and never know they have it until it gets bad.
As mentioned above other things can impact your PSA.
Sounds like you are a bit concerned and the Uro should calm you down.
Only other thing to consider is if PCa runs in your family. If so you should go see a Uro anyway....

Vince

Super Moderator
ok thankyou all, yes I do hit the gym hard ! and have been having daily sex so next time will obstain from both prior to the bloods..appreciate the input
It has to do with age, the older you get the less important it is to avoid sex before a PSA test.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me