Dhea/dim

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
DHEA does cause my estradiol levels to rise. Not enough to add an AI.
I just supplement with DHEA to keep my levels in the high range, for any health benefits.

Vince-do you know how many points it causes you're E2 to rise?

There's no way to say, none of it is linear. DHEA in certain forms like cheap OTC tablets are particularly bad, creams are better, micronized capsules are very good, even sublingual delivery is better, but DHEA is a notorious converter in men, not every man though.

DIM is widely panned, some guys thinks its good though, will not hurt you to try 200mg/D but an estrogen blocker it is NOT.

CoastWatcher

DIM may have a modest impact, but by no means is it an AI/estrogen blocker. If it was, far fewer prescriptions for anastrozole would be written.

Will Brink

When taking DHEA is it recommended to take an estrogen blocker like DIM? I'm taking 40 mg oh DHEA every night.

Why 40mg? Most men, 25mg will get DHEA-s in the range you want. I have not seen real world effectiveness of DIM, but typical doses used by men as HRT, 25-50mg, should not require an AI.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince-do you know how many points it causes you're E2 to rise?

I don't remember the amount but it definitely did lower my testosterone and raise my estradiol levels. I tried it twice and both times it did lower my testosterone and raise my estradiol.

ratbag

I thought the rule of thumb was to wait and see if your E2 becomes a problem. Taking an AI because you assume it raises E2 doesn't make a lot of sense.

If DIM wouldn´t work I wonder why Dr Crisler suggests DIM+CDG

It's what guys want to hear and some even expect and may even question their DRs when these things are not "prescribed", but beliefs vary on these things being effective at doing more than litening one's wallet. By and large those two things aren't really well regarded on this forum, CDG has a slightly better rep than DIM which is widely panned as doing anything.

I taked them both for a while but if they are not very effective I rather skip them. I want to reduce my supplements because its already crazy what I spend per month on different supplements. Multivit., B-vit forte, K1, Vit D, Omega 3, Old garlic (Kyolic), Q10, Magnesium, Selenium, ALC, DHEA, Preg, Vit C 1000mg, NAC, Zinc and L-Citrl. Since Im on statins I do need to take Q10, Selelium and K1. If I don´t take multivit I take the rest individually. Man, the drawer is full and my wife thinks I´m obsessed and I think I´m lol

Vince

Super Moderator
I taked them both for a while but if they are not very effective I rather skip them. I want to reduce my supplements because its already crazy what I spend per month on different supplements. Multivit., B-vit forte, K1, Vit D, Omega 3, Old garlic (Kyolic), Q10, Magnesium, Selenium, ALC, DHEA, Preg, Vit C 1000mg, NAC, Zinc and L-Citrl. Since Im on statins I do need to take Q10, Selelium and K1. If I don´t take multivit I take the rest individually. Man, the drawer is full and my wife thinks I´m obsessed and I think I´m lol
LOL..I'm right with you brother, I'm also obsessed with all the supplement.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me